06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

Just got back. Had an INCREDIBLE time. I thought Axl was in great voice (just check out Jungle and, more tellingly, Sweet Child o Mine for evidence), Slash is a beast and it was a great party atmosphere in the stadium on a beautiful, warm summers evening. Couldn't believe how early they went on too.

Expectations exceeded, you need to catch this show. Best Jungle and SCOM of the tour?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

My short review.

I was seating in the upper deck and the sound wasn't quite good. No comparison to Munich. Frank was way too loud in the mix and that's definitely something that doesn't affect the show in a positiv way. There were volume changes throughout the songs and all in all it was just a bad sound up there where I was seating. The crowd around me was pretty boring but the crowd in the standing was amazing. Way better than Munich. They seemed to be really into it. They probably didn't have any sound issues. I had no issues with Axl but Slash didn't have had his best day I think. He was awesome on some songs like Estranged, SCOM, NR and PC but not that good in some others like TIL, Yesterdays and KOHD IMO. Those songs I enjoyed much more on Tuesday. All that, and the fact that the stadium was pretty empty when the show started (there were people still attending the show during RQ and Civil War) is why I liked the show in Munich more.

That said, it was still an amazing show with Axl giving his best and Slash mesmerizing the crowd. It's one of the highlights when Slash plays his Godfather solo that leads to SCOM.

Other than that, people are stunning everytime during WTTJ and LALD that Axl still has such a power. His screams are crazy!

Good review.  The fairly early start time was certainly poorly communicated.

The sound was good in GC but not amazing and I agree drums too loud at times.  The broad daylight start is a definite mood killer also but not much they can do about that, by the time it started to go a little dark the place was rocking around me

I actually thought the end of the Kills had better sound! 

I didn't have the same problems getting away, pretty much got straight into Stratford onto a waiting jubilee train and was in bed by midnight with some fried chicken:) 

If I ever do back to back again I need to make it  night two where I hit the beers hard, currently in my hotel room nursing a water.  I would make a terrible rock star 

• Like 3

Still think Frank isn't that great a drummer tbh. Sure he's okay but I was listening to the drumming yesterday and constantly thinking "This would sound so much better with Adler". Frank's drumming is just so basic and boring. But we all know how stubborn Axl can be. We won't be seeing Stevie for a while unfortunately 

Edited by Gunspride6
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gunspride6 said:

Still think Frank is a poor drummer tbh. Sure he's okay but I was listening to the drumming yesterday and constantly thinking "This would sound so much better with Adler". Frank's drumming is just so basic and boring. But we all know how stubborn Axl can be. We won't be seeing Stevie for a while unfortunately 

With the volume the drums were at early on it was like having a very loud metronome in the background.  There's just something missing with him, his style is very boring as you say and doesn't suit the music at all

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Hey first time post, from sunny London! Gig was brilliant, First time attendees I was with loved Axl's sound - here's some views from the British media.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/guns-n-roses-reunion-arrived-london-big-brash-absolutely-brilliant/

http://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-london-stadium-soundgarden-2089745

See you all again tonight!

Thanks, greats reviews ☺

29 minutes ago, Gunspride6 said:

Anyone know why so many people didn't make it in until halfway through the gig? I was sat in my seat 2 hours before the gig started haha.

If you plan on attending one of the most anticipated events of the year, don't show up 15 minutes before the band hits the stage.

1 hour ago, Gunspride6 said:

Anyone know why so many people didn't make it in until halfway through the gig? I was sat in my seat 2 hours before the gig started haha.

By the videos I notice that too and I was going to ask the same...Too many people didn´t get in until half quarter of the show..that´s odd!

45 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Great review from The Telegraph, and nice pictures for once!

Yes,excellents review,i'm happy ?

45 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Great review from The Telegraph, and nice pictures for once!

Yes,excellents review,i'm happy ?

3 hours ago, lassie said:

Calm down, sadly he is right, maybe not as bad as it sounds, but there sure has been many attacks.

We need more guns over here like in in the US, then everybody will be safe. Last night in sweden...gottogott....

Edited by Fele

Delurk..

Last night was so much better than I expected them to be. Was in GC, sound was good throughout, setlist was better than they actually played back in the day.

Not much chemistry onstage though, unfortunately. At least Duff looked like he cared :)

Took a bunch of pics that I cant be bothered to upload, heres a few..

heres my 2 pence worth. awesome show ! just awesome. just a few complaints = the price and the queues for food and drink(stadiums fault not the bands) they played at least 8 cover songs but didnt have time for dont cry or sorry ? and why after such a crap support band why couldnt we be treated to a special guest ? stradlin, adler, tyler, perry come to mind. other complains are axls hat and richards nose but i think they have been discussed already. also when i last saw GNR in 2012 reese looked like an attractive young lady but last night she had the looks of a 50yr skaghead. of the 4 GNR concerts ive been to i would rate last night as second place after milton keynes 93 but better than birmingham/london 2012. would i go again ? YES and i cant wait. when are they coming back ?