06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too, I would go again on this leg of the tour if it were possible for me. I hope they come back to the UK and do an arena tour. 

Guns N' Roses - Axl, Slash, Duff - have never played Scotland.  This must happen.  Imagine the fuckin' show specific artwork!!!!  The litho fanboys would expire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beebee_head said:

Guns N' Roses - Axl, Slash, Duff - have never played Scotland.  This must happen.  Imagine the fuckin' show specific artwork!!!!  The litho fanboys would expire.

They must be planning on coming back to the UK, I was surprised they didn't book a Scottish date this time around. I would rather travel to a Scottish GnR show than go to London.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexC said:

Absolutely horrendous. Took me an hour to even get a cab back to the hotel. Ordered one and it didn't show up so we had to fight to get a random one. Took forever.

Man tell me about it! We were walking out of there and got told where to go for a taxi rank. But everyone was queueing for buses and i don't even think taxis were allowed down there. I phoned the taxi driver who gave me his number before the show and he was the opposite side of the stadium and nowhere near us so had to cancel. After about an hour and a half we walked down some random street and found a pub... Found a random taxi card on the floor and called up, managed to get one in no time haha! 

• Like 1

In hindsight the mission from stadium to Westfield/transport was definitely the worst thing about Friday night. 

I learnt my lesson for the Saturday night and gave that whole clusterfuck main route back to the shopping centre a very wide berth and ended up shaving 20 minutes walk off of the journey! 

1 hour ago, beebee_head said:

Yes, I too will attend Paris, if I can renew my passport in fourteen days - is that possible?!

If memory serves, I think you'll have to pay a bit more to speed it up. I know it is possible in less than that.

On 6/17/2017 at 1:09 PM, Blake Sabbath said:

Had fun last night.

Getting out of that whole fucking debacle of a setup of a stadium and the complete lack of adequate and logical crowd control just about soured the night though for me.

Seriously, 1 hour to get from the GC to Westfield to try and make the Tube, so missed my last train home.

Fuck the police!

I see a lot of British people getting stressed over trains.. never could quite understand why...

What happens after you miss your last train home?

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I see a lot of British people getting stressed over trains.. never could quite understand why...

What happens after you miss your last train home?

You're stuck wherever you are until the next morning, and you will quite likely have to pay for another ticket as most of them are only valid for a specific date. Consider that train tickets are extortionately expensive in this country, especially if you buy them on the day, plus you'll have to fork out for a hotel on top of that, which is not going to be cheap in a place like London. Hence the stress :P

6 minutes ago, firebat792 said:

You're stuck wherever you are until the next morning, and you will quite likely have to pay for another ticket as most of them are only valid for a specific date. Consider that train tickets are extortionately expensive in this country, especially if you buy them on the day, plus you'll have to fork out for a hotel on top of that, which is not going to be cheap in a place like London. Hence the stress :P

well that clears it up..thanks:)

what are the prospects of spending the entire night in pubs or night clubs...?

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Pubs mostly shut at midnight, clubs could be an alternative but most of those that rock/metal fans would find attractive in Central London have shut in recent times. Maybe something in Camden but IDK really.

29 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

We walked past a proper dodgy place in Stratford at 9.30 on Saturday morning that was obviously still going from the night before. It had black bin liners covering the windows and playing extremely loud music that I assume the youth of today call grime. 

We carried on straight past and headed for our Wetherspoons breakfast!!

8 hours ago, GnRMisterE said:

We walked past a proper dodgy place in Stratford at 9.30 on Saturday morning that was obviously still going from the night before. It had black bin liners covering the windows and playing extremely loud music that I assume the youth of today call grime. 

We carried on straight past and headed for our Wetherspoons breakfast!!

what was happening prior to 9:30... entire night?

I wasn't there, but it's good seeing the videos :) 

I've posted two videos. Paradise City doesn't seem as frantic towards the end, compared to the old days. Axl look's happy during Jungle :)

Still searching for a decent sounding Double Talkin Jive, which there appears to be a snippet at the end of Welcome to the Jungle.

Welcome to the Jungle

'Paradise City' - Guns N' Roses - Live London 16 June 2017 [HD Audio]