06/20/17 - Gdansk, PL - Stadion Energa Gdansk

alfierose

1 minute ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Why are recent concerts not in Warsaw(Poland's capital). Not GNR, not Aerosmith. No good arena in Warsaw?

I'm glad because Warsaw is the ugliest city in Poland. Krakow and Gdansk are much more nicer. If I go to concert I'd also like it to be in a nice place. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Or if Axl stops a song tonight with a classic "STOP STOP STOP...IM NOT PUTTING UP WITH YOUR SHIT TONIGHT FRANK, RESTART THE SONG AND PLAY IT RIGHT OR GET THE FU*K OUT" 

Where's the video of Axl yelling at Frank off mic when he sucked at drumming?

7 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Oh is it? Care to explain? I got an ex from there. Lol.

Well it was completely destroyed during WW2. Now they rebuild it, but it lost all it's awesome architecture and now its and odd city in so beautiful Poland. Full of soviet blockhouses etc. 

It's wierd. I visited there this May. 

• Like 2

Warsaw used to be beautiful before the Second World War, ''the Paris of the east'', frequented by figures of the enlightenment. Then the Germans bombed it into smithereens and later Stalin built lots of horrendously lumpy communist buildings and the place was buggered.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Well it was completely destroyed during WW2. Now they rebuild it, but it lost all it's awesome architecture and now its and odd city in so beautiful Poland. Full of soviet blockhouses etc. 

It's wierd. I visited there this May. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Warsaw used to be beautiful before the Second World War, ''the Paris of the east'', frequented by figures of the enlightenment. Then the Germans bombed it into smithereens and later Stalin built lots of horrendously lumpy communist buildings and the place was buggered.

Yeah, ex told me it was almost destroyed. But didnt know it was that bad looking. I planned to visit it, but we broke up before that happened. lol. They didnt rebuild it to a more beautiful looking city?

• Like 1

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah, ex told me it was almost destroyed. But didnt know it was that bad looking. I planned to visit it, but we broke up before that happened. lol. They didnt rebuild it to a more beautiful looking city?

Are you from the US? I don't know the old European buildings are quite unique style and very very old. They rebuild the old town center part of the city. But it would be crazy to construct all of the city back to how it used to be, because nobody builds like that any longer... And as DieselDaisy said Stalin built those ugly communist blockhouses so.. 

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

How would they? Nobody builds good buildings now.

There were also two Warsaw uprisings: 1943 (Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto) and 1944 (the Poles). The SS leveled the place when they crushed the revolts.

31 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Still weird to see him be so calm cool and collected about these things. "We want everyone to have a great time..." Truly an Elder Statesman now.

No,Axl always said this,in Argentina 92 too and he was young ☺

3 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Are you from the US? I don't know the old European buildings are quite unique style and very very old. They rebuild the old town center part of the city. But it would be crazy to construct all of the city back to how it used to be, because nobody builds like that any longer... And as DieselDaisy said Stalin built those ugly communist blockhouses so.. 

Nah. Asia. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How would they? Nobody builds good buildings now.

There were also two Warsaw uprisings: 1943 (Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto) and 1944 (the Poles). The SS leveled the place when they crushed the revolts.

Thanks for the history lesson guys!

• Like 2