06/20/17 - Gdansk, PL - Stadion Energa Gdansk

alfierose

Just now, Silent Jay said:

That's awesome. I like Nergal. The Satanist was one of the most contemporary metal album in years.

I always found Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer so GNR, and thought Nergal to be influenced by GNR! :) It kinda turned out to be true :D Behemoth's Istanbul gig was the best concert I ever went apart from GNR, and well let's say FNM :) 

2 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

I always found Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer so GNR

Never thought it that way but I'm not shocked since The Cult is one of his favorite band. Usually I don't listen to this kind of music, but Behemoth get a pass since Nergal is legit. I like Opeth too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Never thought it that way but I'm not shocked since The Cult is one of his favorite band. Usually I don't listen to this kind of music, but Behemoth get a pass since Nergal is legit. I like Opeth too.

I hate death and kinda metal stuff, but Behemoth and Burzum got a pass from me for a long time. :D Nergal and Varg are nice dudes :D Varg should play instead of Melissa :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Little offtopic but Nergal has side project  - Me and That Man - very different from Behemoth. I like it too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Derick said:

I can't..I try but I just can't enjoy this..No rasp, no NR! This song is pure pain and a soft voice don't fit, IMO....This is one of my few (or only one) complaints about his voice. For me, this song can even be removed from the setlist.

P.D.: I love November Rain and for a long long time this song was in my top 5 GN'R songs but now it became a pee song.

I agree, there's just some songs that Axl can't really do justice to anymore... unfortunately for GNR and GNR fans, it's all of their biggest songs Sweet child, NV, YCBM. Axl sounded fine on the outro of NV, but all the way up to that was fairly hard to listen to.

Slash During the 2nd NV solo... terrible, Outro solo... same thing. The guy cannot intonate the NV solo properly anymore, every bloody night. He sounds like I did trying to play NV when I was a beginner. No excuse, he has top quality IEMs (a dedicated monitor engineer) and the best gear that money can afford, so I really don't know what the problem is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, there's just some songs that Axl can't really do justice to anymore... unfortunately for GNR and GNR fans, it's all of their biggest songs Sweet child, NV, YCBM. Axl sounded fine on the outro of NV, but all the way up to that was fairly hard to listen to.

Slash During the 2nd NV solo... terrible, Outro solo... same thing. The guy cannot intonate the NV solo properly anymore, every bloody night. He sounds like I did trying to play NV when I was a beginner. No excuse, he has top quality IEMs (a dedicated monitor engineer) and the best gear that money can afford, so I really don't know what the problem is.

Yeah, they should really improve on November Vain :P

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Problem is he's sober "."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

From the videos I've seen the show looked great! It's definitely seems to be on par if not better then the average US 2016 show, maybe not better than Huston etc. but better than most shows!

I am so fucking excited for next Thursday! 

Yeah Huston was damn amazing, it blows Paris 1992 and Milton Keynes right out the water.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Never liked the way Slash plays November Rain final solo live , much prefer the way Bucket and Bumble played it.

23 minutes ago, Brownstone drum said:

Never liked the way Slash plays November Rain final solo live , much prefer the way Bucket and Bumble played it.

I like how he used to play it, on record and during the UYI tour... but since he returned? no thanks!

I also prefer how Richard played the NV middle solo, but Slash back in the day was great on it too... I just can't get my head around his playing on some tracks since he rejoined Guns. If he wasn't digging it, he wouldn't have signed on... at least, you would imagine.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe after playing/singing the exact same show 72 times they no longer give a fuck? Slash is on auto pilot and Axl can't be assed warming up. Still a great show but pretty much business as usual by this point in a tour. I swear this level of criticism is one of the worst side effects of the internet age.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

my vids

What was Axl saying during Nightrain? Was he telling the crowd to move back again? He kind of gestured with his hand and says something like "Hey!..." and then I can't make out what the rest is. Crowd must've been rowdy as fuck.

Brilliant performance anyway. One of, if not the best Nightrain so far on this leg.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Maybe after playing/singing the exact same show 72 times they no longer give a fuck? Slash is on auto pilot and Axl can't be assed warming up. Still a great show but pretty much business as usual by this point in a tour. I swear this level of criticism is one of the worst side effects of the internet age.

No, this level of criticism was there before the internet, it was just done in smaller circles because another medium didn't exist. And are you saying he was on autopilot from show one at Coachella? because he couldn't intonate the solo then either. 

Would I say something similar to his face if I met him? probably not, but that's because I'd be meeting him for the first time and overall he's still a guitar player I very much respect. If I somehow managed to get a sit down to play guitar with him, I'd probably mention it in a subtle way like "It's interesting that you choose to bend flat on NV these days" which he'd be like, "ah shit, do I do that???"  problem solved :D 

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No, this level of criticism was there before the internet, it was just done in smaller circles because another medium didn't exist. And are you saying he was on autopilot from show one at Coachella? because he couldn't intonate the solo then either. 

Would I say something similar to his face if I met him? probably not, but that's because I'd be meeting him for the first time and overall he's still a guitar player I very much respect. If I somehow managed to get a sit down to play guitar with him, I'd probably mention it in a subtle way like "It's interesting that you choose to bend flat on NV these days" which he'd be like, "ah shit, do I do that???"  problem solved :D 

You might be on to something there. When these guys get complacent, there's no one there to mention it because they're surrounded by yes men ha.

24 minutes ago, AlexC said:

What was Axl saying during Nightrain? Was he telling the crowd to move back again? He kind of gestured with his hand and says something like "Hey!..." and then I can't make out what the rest is. Crowd must've been rowdy as fuck.

Brilliant performance anyway. One of, if not the best Nightrain so far on this leg.

It seems he told the security guards did not pull a fan out of the crowd. After that "Hey" Gio went there and it looks like he said to leave the fan there.

Pretty amazing Nightrain,btw!!!

go to 3'14"

1 minute ago, Derick said:

It seems he told the security guards did not pull a fan out of the crowd. After that "Hey" Gio went there and it looks like he said to leave the fan there.

Pretty amazing Nightrain,btw!!!

go to 3'14"

Awesome. He doesn't miss a thing when it comes to security haha.