06/20/17 - Gdansk, PL - Stadion Energa Gdansk

alfierose

2 hours ago, Derick said:

It seems he told the security guards did not pull a fan out of the crowd. After that "Hey" Gio went there and it looks like he said to leave the fan there.

Pretty amazing Nightrain,btw!!!

go to 3'14"

It sounds/looks like the security and Axl were telling the fan to take the sign they were holding up down. 

14 minutes ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

It sounds/looks like the security and Axl were telling the fan to take the sign they were holding up down. 

True! I watched again and he said "Put it down" pointing to the guy in the crowd

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Derick said:

True! I watched again and he said "Put it down" pointing to the guy in the crowd

Ah, I thought he was being honourable and defending a distressed fan for a minute. Turns out he was just being a dick. Good ol' Axl!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Derick said:
51 minutes ago, WestCoastStrutting said:

Yes, and the fan took it down. But it looks that right after that there was an altercation between another fan and security and Axl shouted "hey".

12 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Ah, I thought he was being honourable and defending a distressed fan for a minute. Turns out he was just being a dick. Good ol' Axl!

IDK..Maybe he wanted the fan not to be taken away by security guards or some trouble in the first row. When someone raises a sign or someone climbs on someone else's back, it blocks the view of who is behind. And to avoid some problem he said to the fan put down the sign...Makes sense to me.

Is it just me, or did Axl move more around the stage in Gdansk? I think he is hitting his stride, except that thin mid/upper voice.

Drop the hats and replace the boots, and he could move more freely around the stage.

Edited by AFGnR

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

You might be on to something there. When these guys get complacent, there's no one there to mention it because they're surrounded by yes men ha.

Oh they are definitely surrounded by yes men :D nobody on payroll is coming up to the guys saying "The band was good not great, and your vocals were a bit weak" they may think that, but what they actually say is "That's the best I've heard you in years! did you lose some weight?" because they'd be on the first flight home :P But that goes for every major band.

*mygnr admin set me up with that sit down, I'll be nice rock4

16 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Is it just me, or did Axl move more around the stage in Gdansk? I think he is hitting his stride, except that thin mid/upper voice.

Drop the hats and replace the boots, and he could move more freely around the stage.

I hate the boots but tbf I watched a video from the good old days (possibly Ritz?) and he was wearing them then... so it's not a new thing. He does look more bad-ass in the high tops he was wearing last year though. And the hats didn't really bother me until I saw him put them on at Slane... it looked weird.

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Agree! That kind of review makes even more pumped up for my show in SA. Didn't think that was possible!!! Thanks for your review @Asia :)

Keep getting excited and just be happy you're going to experience this. Honestly, I didn't think I was even capable of experiencing something like that, of getting so lost in the moment and in the music, of totally forgetting myself and finding myself in such a state of bliss, I thought I was far too old, cynical, down to earth, critical bitch for that to ever happen again in my life and there I was totally taken by surprise. I'm just happy nobody there next to me knew me so I won't ever have to talk to people who saw me bahaving like no amount of alcohol or other substances could ever make me :lol: I think I pretty much sang every single song or rather screamed it out and I totally cannot sing, so whoever heard that, I'm sorry :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, morselis said:

@Asia sorry it's Munich not Gdańsk. From 0:30 you can see , this video is from Gn'R show in Munich.

Very good quality from Gdańsk is here.

Yeah, I just watched Coma and realized it wasn't from Gdańsk, hell, that was misleading with the title :P Thanks for the link. That's a relief actually cause I was beginning to think I saw things that weren't there :lol:

Edited by Asia

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread and nobody will care, but just for archival purposes, I was in front of the stage on the right side, near Slash's talkbox, around the 5th-8th row of people and want to explain the rant.

It was not a Rant. It was a "Stop" because people were getting VERY hurt in front and a bunch of "stereotypical metalheads" with greasy hair who have never had a shower in their life started getting aggressive. The audience was pushing.

I talked to Richard the next day and he acknowledged the wild audience, but said it was a high-energy show and definitely a great one. Talking to Richard made it so much better.

I truly, honestly, being in the middle of the worst part of the audience, let go and though that I was about to die there. Axl stopped the show and then threatened to stop it again and the audience chilled out a little bit, though I was pushed back to around the 15th row by force.

There were a few aggressive guys there and Axl must've noticed. The people in front were getting squished horribly.

I am thankful that Axl stopped the show. People were getting badly hurt. My chest hurt for a week because I was pushed and squeezed so hard by people trying to get closer to the stage.

I'd been waiting at the venue since 10 A.M. to get where I was.