06/22/17 - Hannover, DE - Messe

alfierose

I don't understand this stupid Coma/Angus comparison. Is Coma the worst song on the setlist? Absolutely not. Then, there are other songs that should be replaced with the AC/DC ones when Angus shows up instead of Coma. That's the point, not to tell Angus not to play.

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Imagine going to see whole lotta Rosie in 2010, 2012 and think your getting coma for the first time and you get Rosie instead, in 2017. Ouch.

Exactly. I was at one of the few shows where Coma wasn't played and that sucked. I would love to have Angus as a guest when they come back to Argentina, that would be awesome. Just replace The Seeker with the AC/DC stuff, not a song that was barely played at all before this tour and most fans never got to see.

4 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

The AXL/DC album will obviously come sooner than a new GNR album and it'll be the closest thing we'll ever get to another AFD.

That would be great. I rather get an Axl/Angus album and SMKC III and not CD II with Slash and Duff on it. That would suck big time.

3 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This is Rock N Roll man, y'all don't always get what you want. Don't think this band will perfectly follow y'all fanfic scenario, that's why y'all will always left with disappointment.

No one's expecting Izzy to jump from an airplane to sing 14 Years, just expecting the band to replace covers with other covers instead of replacing their own songs. Just because we know the way they do things completely sucks, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

• Like 1

When you add in 5 minute versions of Wish you were Here, Layla, Black Hole Sun, 2 ACDC, The Seeker, covers then instamentals of Melissa and Only Woman Bleed, Heaven's door and live and let die and take away the Chinese songs the majority don't care for, then there isn't much time for original material. 

Edit: not forgettingJohnny Be Goode, the Godfather cover and even voodoo Child

Edited by Axl_morris

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No one's expecting Izzy to jump from an airplane to sing 14 Years, just expecting the band to replace covers with other covers instead of replacing their own songs. Just because we know the way they do things completely sucks, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

I bet if they belt out Slither or Anastasia this place will going bananas, even though it's basically same shit with Seekers or Rosie, they were just a lowly cover. 

7 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Except axl didn't sound great tonight with Angus.

Sounded better than last time in Zurich.

It's like some people here don't like to see Angus playing Rosie and Riff Raff, but are totally fine with Black Hole Sun or with The Seeker.

Anyway, i'm sure the crowd loves it, definitely a highlight everytime. Axl and Angus together is amazing to experience live.

Edited by Silent Jay

1 minute ago, RikardL said:

I don't get the fact that people are seriously getting mad about a song not being played until the concert is over... Give the guys a chance before hating!

THIS^^

and IF they would have skipped Coma, it would have been because of the one hour break during the thunderstorm and not because of Angus:facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, MarlaHooch said:

Um, did you miss where they swapped the AC/DC tunes for COMA??

Is there a more deep cut GN'R song in existence?

I swear some of you MyGN'R folks could win the lottery and still bitch about having to leave the house to cash the check!

There Was A Time, Prostitute..deepcuts which have been played before.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

I think people are quite jealous that Axl makes a better duo with Angus than with Slash.

Axl and Slash are doing quite fine. It looks more like you're projecting your frustration because people love Slash and don't give a shit about Bumblefoot :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I bet if they belt out Slither or Anastasia this place will going bananas, even though it's basically same shit with Seekers or Rosie, they were just a lowly cover. 

Yeah, Slither is the same thing as The Seeker. Sure...

3 minutes ago, RikardL said:

I don't get the fact that people are seriously getting mad about a song not being played until the concert is over... Give the guys a chance before hating!

Well, they tend to play almost the exact same setlist every night, that might be the reason. If they're changing the order of the songs today, that's great, makes it more interesting IMO.

Still, I said "shame on them IF they don't play Coma". The thing is a lot of people jumps to defend the stupid idea that would be playing The Seeker and not Coma and so it turns into a long argument. Not the band's fault... this time :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

and IF they would have skipped Coma, it would have been because of the one hour break during the thunderstorm and not because of Angus:facepalm:

That would depend on whether they play the other songs (like The Seeker, BHS or This I Love) or not. As far as I remember, they didn't play Coma in one of the shows in Australia that Angus joined.

• Like 1