06/22/17 - Hannover, DE - Messe

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

So with the exception of bitching and snarky comments, who has the setlist for the show?

No setlist for now - but it will eventually show up here I guess?

Thanks to GnR for something to anticipate tomorrow on Youtube! (I hope!!!)

Good night ya'll! ;)

Yep, 99 % of the people on the shows are just glad that the three of them are back together and want to listen to all the songs they know. They haven't followed the other shows like we do online and they certainly do not know the set lists of the shows. So Axl has a choice of playing what 99 % of the people want or what the other 1 % want. Pretty easy choice.

• Like 4

There are a couple of things I wanna say:

Richard archieved a lot of applause. Especially after his solos. Most of the fans really seemed to like him 

Songs like The Seeker were by no means “unpopular“.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

There are a couple of things I wanna say:

Richard archieved a lot of applause. Especially after his solos. Most of the fans really seemed to like him 

Songs like The Seeker were by no means “unpopular“.

The Seeker is loud, the mix is perfect and Axl uses a voice that is clear and projects loudly. Of course people love it, it's from a sound standpoint the best part of the show 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thierry1982 said:

So glad that I've went to the show in the end. It was majestic really fucking amazing. Sure I've heard some Mickey and some fuckups by slash (especially November rain solo), but it was worth the money. Bounced like a madman :).

Happy for you, no waste  time and money ,was happy end ?

No one can accuse Axl or the band of "mailing it in" after this show.   They had every reason to bail.  An hour delay and they stuck around?   That's fantastic.  It's the anti Montreal (1992 with Metallica).   Axl/Guns "saved the day" today.  

1 minute ago, Original said:

No one can accuse Axl or the band of "mailing it in" after this show.   They had every reason to bail.  An hour delay and they stuck around?   That's fantastic.  It's the anti Montreal (1992 with Metallica).   Axl/Guns "saved the day" today.  

No offense, but the situations are completely different.  Absolutely no similarities between the two whatsoever.   Further, no one I know gets credit for doing what they should do.   It isn't like they went above and beyond, they played a full show after a rain delay, but why is that so special?  It isn't, that's what every other band would do.  GnR shouldn't get a cookie for finishing a show they started.  

And on that note, I was wrong for bitching that they pulled Coma for Angus...so, my bad.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No offense, but the situations are completely different.  Absolutely no similarities between the two whatsoever.   Further, no one I know gets credit for doing what they should do.   It isn't like they went above and beyond, they played a full show after a rain delay, but why is that so special?  It isn't, that's what every other band would do.  GnR shouldn't get a cookie for finishing a show they started.  

And on that note, I was wrong for bitching that they pulled Coma for Angus...so, my bad.   

Easily coulda called it a day after an hour.  And yeah 1992 Axl woulda bailed after about 10 minutes "thanks to the lame ass (weather)"!

1 minute ago, Original said:

Easily coulda called it a day after an hour.  And yeah 1992 Axl woulda bailed after about 10 minutes "thanks to the lame ass (weather)"!

Well, we don't know if they "coulda", I'd have to see the agreement they signed to get paid.   But, my point still stands.  you don't get cookies for doing what everyone else would have done just b/c in the past you were an asshole.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1