06/24/17 - Werchter, BE - Werchter Classic

alfierose

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm actually heading down from London.  I've been waiting most of my life to see Guns n' Roses ( I was too young in 1992, and was never *that* interested in seeing Axl & Friends in the 00s) and, in order to make it even more special, I thought I'd do it in another country and see a bit of a city I haven't been too before.  What appealed most was the lay-out at Werchter: only 2 big-ass areas in a big ol' field.  Much more of a festival feel.  

There's still availability in the main area, I believe.

Oh, and I can't fucking wait.  

• Like 1

Is this festival annual? Has anybody been there before?

I have a friend who is willing to go to the venue for me to get merchandise... but because it's a big festival rather than a stadium concert, I'm worried that he might not be able to get access to the merchandise stalls without a ticket. Can anybody tell me whether they will be selling the official merchandise in a ticketed area or an area open to the public?

Thanks!

If not, I might have to take up someone's offer of buying their ticket. I'm willing to buy a cheap ticket for my friend just so as he can go in and buy merchandise if that's what is necessary.

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

I have a friend who is willing to go to the venue for me to get merchandise... but because it's a big festival rather than a stadium concert, I'm worried that he might not be able to get access to the merchandise stalls without a ticket. Can anybody tell me whether they will be selling the official merchandise in a ticketed area or an area open to the public?

Thanks!

If not, I might have to take up someone's offer of buying their ticket. I'm willing to buy a cheap ticket for my friend just so as he can go in and buy merchandise if that's what is necessary.

Last year for AC/DC, merch was only inside the venue. As far as I remember, the same goes for festivals there. So yeah, I don't think you can buy merch without having a ticket.

On 2017-6-12 at 5:47 AM, amaninjapan said:

Thanks!

Last year, AXL/DC gave one hell of  show there in a seperate occasion & the 'classic" edition featured Bruce Springsteen (speaking about another incredible 3hr date with a top artist). There are plenty of official merch stands in the festival area and you'll be enjoying cool Belgian beers. The only con I can name, was last years excruciating exodus by public transport. It literally took us 3 hours to get on the shuttle bus. :) But have fun, my friends and I will do the same!

On 14-6-2017 at 9:11 PM, xBrownstonex said:

I am thinking about going to that one too. But i would be more interested in nijmegen. But that ones totally sold out

GC Tickets for Nijmegen are available again at Ticketmaster since yesterday, check it out!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

I've got 1 golden circle ticket for sale and if there's any Dutch people looking for a ride I'm driving alone from region Nijmegen so feel free to drive along with me 

You drive by car Fransad?,we  live close  to Venlo,or we  can take bus 83 to Nijmegen station  

Edited by foreverguns