06/24/17 - Werchter, BE - Werchter Classic

alfierose

1 hour ago, Thierry1982 said:

Just got back from Werchter and I thought the show was ok. Hannover was way better. Axl had a lot of Mickey moments last night and sounded off and thin on a fair amount of them. Unfortunate the crowd absolutely sucked, as always in Belgium. I saw a lot of shows over there and they are very quiet or drunk and talk about their daily life. I was really annoyed by the lack of respect by the crowd.

This is why I normally wouldn't go to a festival. This was a wake up call.

New theory: when the crowd is silent Axl sounds worse, when the crowd is loud Axl sounds like 88 Axl...maybe....nah it's too simple. Back to the drawing board 

3 hours ago, Thierry1982 said:

Just got back from Werchter and I thought the show was ok. Hannover was way better. Axl had a lot of Mickey moments last night and sounded off and thin on a fair amount of them. Unfortunate the crowd absolutely sucked, as always in Belgium. I saw a lot of shows over there and they are very quiet or drunk and talk about their daily life. I was really annoyed by the lack of respect by the crowd.

This is why I normally wouldn't go to a festival. This was a wake up call.

After watching a few videos your review sounds pretty much spot on. A deplorable crowd and Axl sounded like he had a rough night.

Was at Werchter and Hannover as well, both shows were excellent, had such great times and I cannot complain about anything. If there is one thing that annoyed me, it is the very poor way the beer stands were organised in Hannover, it was  soooo much better in Werchter "the king of beers" Belgium!

Final stop: Nijmegen in my home country!

• Like 1

I had a blast last night.

Great show, Axl was excellent, Slash is a monster, Duff is solid as a rock, Richard had plenty of moments to shine, loved Frank and Dizzy (he was barely seen on screens, same as Melissa).

The eternal voice topic has little to no sense once you're there in person.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, st0n3r said:

Some proshot snippets in here : http://m.deredactie.be/#!/snippet/594edaa6b5a1be133bb08cf7

The crowd in the golden circle was indeed only so so, unfortunately. Band sounded fenomenal when you were there in person, though. YouTube vids don't do them justice. 

Doesnt work.

"er ging iets mis"

do i need flash for that?

• Like 1

holy sweet maria and jesus. i'm crippled.

i stood second row and from the moment the first song started i began to jump up and down and i didnt stop till 2/3 of the show, by which point i could barely stand.

there were these 2 hot german stunners right in front of me, so maybe that gave me some sort of inspiration. They were surrounded by horny male GNR fans (including me) and even the security worked their asses off to please them. free cokes, free ear protectors... yawn! it was epic when they were put in their place by the head security who apparently saw it all happening through the cameras. haha!

it was a brilliant show but i have hardly heard anything of it. franks' annoying bass drum drowned everything. still, it was madnass.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Hey guys, any idea on how I can buy the special edition T-Shirt of GNR at Werchter?

My size was sold out when I went to the merch booth yesterday :-/

the litographs and shirts per cities are not on the official online GNR store?

Same here, I wanted to by the shirt from the Hannover show. I didn't have the chance to get one in my size after the show.

I loved the show and so did my friends who were not hardcore GNR fans. They sounded well and were very professional. I did not even realize when the almost three hours were gone. 

The crowd was indeed not very enthusiastic, and people seemed quite busy getting drunk instead. Usual festival atmosphere here. But you know, Axl did not try too hard to communicate with the public either. On the other hand I was glad to see that the most enthusiastic were a group of very young people who knew the songs by heart and went completely crazy over coma, civil war, yesterdays...:)

Btw, was there any fan gathering afterwards or autograph signing? How did the band get out of there? It took us 2 hours to leave the parking lot...:)