06/27/17 -Copenhagen, DK - Telia Parken

alfierose

4 hours ago, lenni19 said:

Here is my review ?

A friend of mine and myself was driving 4h to get to Kopenhagen,  we found our parkingspot pretty fast and went of to the arena. Infront already were a lot of gnfr fans with t-shirts. After we got into the arena we had to battle some secouarty to get to our spot ? we had a very good spot, about 20 meters away from the stage ride in the middel of it. Guns went on a little later than they normaly do on this Tour but fuck it, the excitement was just getting biggger and bigger. Finally the guns were firing and guns went on stage with its so easy. The show was amazing, after easy we heard mr. Brownstone and cd. Than we heard the first notes of jungle, axl was screaming so loud, his lunges seams to explode and so did my ? this performance of jungle was pure gold it was breath taking. To hear coma the second time live was super amazing to me, but this time i had the feeling that most people in the crowd were not even knowing wich song they were playing. But my personal Highlight for this show was civil war, it was so overwhelming that i had to cry. The emotion coming from the band just hit me so hart that tears were streaming down my face. Another Highlight were ycbm people here can say what they want but for me that song live is one of the best things in the setlist. On paradise city a guy next to me had a break down, so i had to help him up and check if he was ok, that was the only thing on that concert wich was not cool at all. The good thing is he was doing alright after that so we were rocking paradise city together ? 

After the show finished i could not speak, my legs were in a hell of a lot of pain but thats what we there for, right? ? 

Overall the concert was amazing it was phernormanal, the band sounded great. Axl and tbe rest of the band were super happy, everyone was smiling and had a great time. 

I cant wait to see guns the next time, hopefully pretty soon.

I hope you had fun reading my review, i wish you all a great day ?

Great review,great feeling ☺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. I thought he sounded fantastic with AC/DC.

Agree! He was outstandig. Saw him both in Hamburg and in New York last year, and the MSG gig was the best I ever heard him live in person (I attended in both 06 and 10 with NuGuns).

This year I've so far seen 5 gigs on the NITL tour, and I think he is doing good. Not as outstanding as with Ac/Dc but good enough. And these NITL shows been totally outstanding experiences. Lookin' forward for Stockholm tomorrow :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, calle_st said:

Great show! It is really strange that Axl sounds like Mickey on some videos because you cant hear that live. Civil war was great live but when I listen to a video i recorded I hear Mickey. I guess you need to see them live.

No it's not strange.  He doesn't sound like Mickey on video, he just doesn't sound good.  Try educating yourself on what Mickey sounds like and what/when Axl literally sounded like Mickey.

19 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Well, there is very little grit, or drive in his voice. During the stream while reaching for some of the higher and gritier parts, I clearly heard those voice cracks that started to happen while he was with AC/DC. Overall, he used his falsetto again for most of the show, a voice that many posters here think sounds a bit like the disney character Mickey Mouse.

Come on guys, seriously now. Something is up with Axl's voice. He is trying, the shows are still good, but there is something off about him this leg. Hopefully Ron Anderson, his vocal coach, is there to help him get through that and improve, and not simply as a visitor.

I noticed the same thing. When he was going all out with AC/DC, the sudden (and very brief) cracks certainly didn't sound too healthy. I saw Axl five times now: 2006, 2010 (GNR) - outstanding vocals. I was beyond impressed and so were my 'no hardcore fan' friends. 2012: decent show, but terribly clean vocals. I adore him as a singer and performer, but the gritless voice just isn't for me. 2016 (AC/DC): just when you rule out a ressurection of the almighty chainsaw roar, it grabs you by the balls. Flawless performance and astonishing screams. You start to notice he's not the young puppy he was 10 years earlier, but that made his vocals even more impressive. 2017 (GNR): I have a feeling something's damaged and he has to hold back. I guess questions about his voice means 'the interview's over' -if they ever decide to do another interview- but It would be so interesting to know to what extent the vocal ups and downs are deliberate or a consequence of damage sufferd along the way. Please Axl, grant us that book some day and dedicate a paragraph or two to your voice, it WILL sell. All in all: I had the most fun & partied the hardest at last week's show, so no complaints. I knew he wasn't sounding his best, so I just let the songs get the best of me.

Edited by Gaanzer
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

I noticed the same thing. When he was going all out with AC/DC, the sudden (and very brief) cracks certainly didn't sound too healthy. I saw Axl five times now: 2006, 2010 (GNR) - outstanding vocals. I was beyond impressed and so were my 'no hardcore fan' friends. 2012: decent show, but terribly clean vocals. I adore him as a singer and performer, but the gritless voice just isn't for me. 2016 (AC/DC): just when you rule out a ressurection of the almighty chainsaw roar, it grabs you by the balls. Flawless performance and astonishing screams. You start to notice he's not the young puppy he was 10 years earlier, but that made his vocals even more impressive. 2017 (GNR): I have a feeling something's damaged and he has to hold back. I guess questions about his voice means 'the interview's over' -if they ever decide to do another interview- but I would be so interested in know to what extent the vocal ups and downs are deliberate or a consequence of damage sufferd along the way. Please Axl, grant us that book some day and dedicate a paragraph or two to your voice, it WILL sell. All in all: I had the most fun & partied the hardest at last week's show, so no complaints. I knew he wasn't sounding his best, so I just let the songs get the best of me.

Everything points to it being a sensitive topic for Axl. He has never, ever openly talked about his voice. At another GNR forum who is run by that guy who is friends with the band any post about Axl's voice that is not a compliment is summarily deleted without any explanation. 

I'm not sure about damage, or his voice being rusty, all I can tell is that there is something off. It's harsh imo to sya he sounds the worse he is ever sounded, he has sounded much worse than that. Unlike what happened in 2016, though, his voice fails to catch on the grit at moments where it easily did. See that RQ performance, for instance. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

I noticed the same thing. When he was going all out with AC/DC, the sudden (and very brief) cracks certainly didn't sound too healthy. I saw Axl five times now: 2006, 2010 (GNR) - outstanding vocals. I was beyond impressed and so were my 'no hardcore fan' friends. 2012: decent show, but terribly clean vocals. I adore him as a singer and performer, but the gritless voice just isn't for me. 2016 (AC/DC): just when you rule out a ressurection of the almighty chainsaw roar, it grabs you by the balls. Flawless performance and astonishing screams. You start to notice he's not the young puppy he was 10 years earlier, but that made his vocals even more impressive. 2017 (GNR): I have a feeling something's damaged and he has to hold back. I guess questions about his voice means 'the interview's over' -if they ever decide to do another interview- but It would be so interesting to know to what extent the vocal ups and downs are deliberate or a consequence of damage sufferd along the way. Please Axl, grant us that book some day and dedicate a paragraph or two to your voice, it WILL sell. All in all: I had the most fun & partied the hardest at last week's show, so no complaints. I knew he wasn't sounding his best, so I just let the songs get the best of me.

Yeah that clean voice doesn't do it for me either... For the reunion to work with this half assed lineup they cart on stage Axl had to be good and I think he has been good enough.. He goes from great to bad from song to song but it is good enough. Overall I think it is borderline though, he doesn't have much room for much slippage.. Thank god Slash is there for songs like PC and Sweet Child or it wouldn't be very pretty.. The more members from one of the classic lineup the better and the less pressure on Axl. Like you said, go to the show, party, have fun and don't get hung up on the flaws while your there. He is still a great front man and there are a bunch of songs that he still owns.. The ticket prices are still crazy though.. Now that the initial buzz has worn off people are going to expect more for that kind of money. The Boston show isn't really selling great.. I attribute that directly towards the prices.. As good as they were here last summer they should have sold out an Arena in a couple days..  All the "cheap" seats sold first.. Those were still over $100 after fees..

19 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

2016 (AC/DC): just when you rule out a ressurection of the almighty chainsaw roar, it grabs you by the balls. Flawless performance and astonishing screams. You start to notice he's not the young puppy he was 10 years earlier, but that made his vocals even more impressive.

Yes! How I loved that AC/DC concert in Fort Lauderdale! it was perfect!

Gaanzer, very well put post. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

It's harsh imo to sya he sounds the worse he is ever sounded, he has sounded much worse than that. 

Agreed.. I have seen some pretty awful NuGnR performances... If he sounded like that, this wouldn't be worth it aside from seeing Slash playing all those Guns songs again..

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed.. I have seen some pretty awful NuGnR performances... If he sounded like that, this wouldn't be worth it aside from seeing Slash playing all those Guns songs again..

It's like you said. He's been doing just enough to keep this afloat. All that bogs me is the drop in quality from 2016. I mean, AC/DC aside, look at this:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

It's like you said. He's been doing just enough to keep this afloat. All that bogs me is the drop in quality from 2016. I mean, AC/DC aside, look at this:

Axl was on that night for sure.. Got to the Fortus solo and had to shut it off though :/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

RQ full

LIAR.. That wasn't full ;)

Axl has sounded better on the song but I thought he sounded good enough there.. Not sure how the end was gonna turn out... 

F & F still screw up the vibe of the intro.. They will just never get it right... The Fortus solo still sucks and is out of place and never mind that stupid fucking thing he always does after Slash's solo.. Which ripped by the way..  One of the better Slash solos in this song I have seen this tour.. Doesn't touch what he was doing with his solo band though.. Some of those solos were mind blowing.. That whole band just got the song.. I wish I could hear Axl on top of on of those performances.. Even a weaker Axl sounds better than Myles on that one.. Plus he gets bonus points for being Axl..

• Like 1