07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

On 14. 5. 2017 at 0:35 AM, Sekh-met said:

yes! :devilshades:

Nice!

9 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

How difficult is this to get to and get back from after the show from the old town area ?

I was there last year at the Axl/DC gig. There's a subway station near the airport that goes straight to the city center.

Edited by IkaruFunk

On 27. 5. 2017 at 0:10 AM, thom said:

Does anybody know the real start time of the show? Tickets say 16:00, but it's very soon, isn't it? Some webs say some different times, what do you think?? Thanks!

I've just checked my ACDC ticket from last year. It also says 4pm. As far as I remember, the gates opened around 3, the first opener went on around 5 and ACDC hit the stage at 7:45. 

I hope it helps. :nervous: I'm planning to be there around 2. The golden circle was quite huge last year, so I'd like to see something :smiley-confused2:

Anyone has Duff's side? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I've just checked my ACDC ticket from last year. It also says 4pm. As far as I remember, the gates opened around 3, the first opener went on around 5 and ACDC hit the stage at 7:45. 

I hope it helps. :nervous: I'm planning to be there around 2. The golden circle was quite huge last year, so I'd like to see something :smiley-confused2:

I have Duff´s side!

How huge do you think the Golden Circle was as ACDC? Like how many people?

Are Livenation (they're the organizers I guess?) sending information about how to get there, maps, entranced and other information before the show? 

Was as Slane on Saturday (it was great!), and certainly hope we are more lucky with the weather for this outdoor concert in Prague :D 

9 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I'm on Duff's side too. :P

Regarding the timeline, I think you nailed it pretty much. DC however had two openers iirc, Guns have only Biffy Clyro I think. Maybe they play a longer set, we'll see.

9 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

I have Duff´s side!

Are Livenation (they're the organizers I guess?) sending information about how to get there, maps, entranced and other information before the show? 

Was as Slane on Saturday (it was great!), and certainly hope we are more lucky with the weather for this outdoor concert in Prague :D 

You can take a look at this video (especially the end, I marked the time). It gives you quite a good idea of the golden circle and the area itself. 

I'm not sure about Livenation sending this kind of information. Last year I decided to go to the ACDC show just a couple of days before and bought my ticket from a guy whose friend couldn't go. So it wasn't a standard way of buying a ticket. Anyway, if you need some help or don't know how to get there, send me PM, I'll try to help you. :ph34r:

The weather can be pretty hot at the beginning of July (but it can also be 15 degrees and raining lol), so get ready for both possibilities. But you have survived Slane, so nothing can stop you now :headbang:

1 hour ago, IkaruFunk said:

I'm on Duff's side too. :P

Regarding the timeline, I think you nailed it pretty much. DC however had two openers iirc, Guns have only Biffy Clyro I think. Maybe they play a longer set, we'll see.

They added another opener a couple of days ago. Jesse Jo Stark. No idea who she is haha. :smiley-confused2:

http://www.monstermusic.cz/aktualne/guns-n-roses-v-praze-maji-dalsiho-predskokana/

Jesus, that pit was monstrous. Didn't really notice that night being in the first row, really puts it into perspective.

22 hours ago, Andy14 said:

They added another opener a couple of days ago. Jesse Jo Stark. No idea who she is haha. :smiley-confused2:

http://www.monstermusic.cz/aktualne/guns-n-roses-v-praze-maji-dalsiho-predskokana/

Interesting. I'll check her out, as well as Biffy Clyro.

Still majorly dissapointed they won't bring Royal Blood or The Kills to Prague. Really wanted to see those two bands. :drool:

On 29/5/2017 at 4:05 PM, Scaramouche said:

I think GC will be pretty massive. The fact that there are still tickets for GC is a bit concerning:facepalm: I mean , in other citites gc tickets were gone in like 2 days so either there is not so much demand or Standing A is pretty huge.

So we'd better line up early. What time do you guys plan lining up for the concert? And how early do czech people usually line up for concerts? I'm travelling from another country for GNR ( here some people line up  the night before for big gigs like :facepalm: this that's why I'm asking )

Edited by Natalia92

1 hour ago, Mark1989 said:

Biffy is a MASSIVE opener. Must have a decent amount of tickets sold 

They're simply not outside of the UK and to a lesser extent Germany.  They play very small venues (1-2k usually) around most of Europe and are buried deep down the lineup at most Euro festivals

12 minutes ago, Hejanne said:

Any suggestions on where to stay? I'll arrive Monday morning, and I'll leave for Paris on wednesday. Planning on waiting in line most of tuesday, so close to the venue is prefered.

You dont need to stay close to the venue because Metro line C takes you straight to the concert area and it takes 30min from centrum. And there is only one communist era hotel/hostel close to the venue (3.5km).

1 hour ago, Kelmi said:

You dont need to stay close to the venue because Metro line C takes you straight to the concert area and it takes 30min from centrum. And there is only one communist era hotel/hostel close to the venue (3.5km).

Thank you :o

11 hours ago, Hejanne said:

Thank you :o

No problem. 2 years ago I used to live next to Letnany Airport and I could see it from my window :P I could have seen Guns for free back then :D

I rented an apartment from the centrum for 5 days. On the concert day it's easy to find good and cheap lunch there and after that take the metro to Letnany (last metro stop on line C) and lineup with other fans.

Last year I saw Axl/Dc in the same venue. I learned that it can be painful hot to wait in the sunshine in Prague, because it can easily get over 40c+ in the summer.. so take a look in the weather forecast the day before and buy suncream or something like that so you won't get burned like I did.

Last year there was separate entrance just next to the regular entrance for the golden ticket buyers. There were big signs over the gates (GOLDEN CIRCLE and GENERAL ADMISSION). What I really liked last year was the easiness to get cheap beer from the venue. There were beer tents basically in every corner of the area.. even in the middle there were two beer tents. And the beer was cheap and good.. 2euro's per 0,4l. 

Im planning to see Guns completely sober in Finland and then travel to Prague and take a little more relaxed experience with sipping some beers during the concert. 

TIPS TO GET TO THE VENUE:

- Buy 24czk metro ticket (30min ticket) from the machines in the metro stations and hop in on metro line C (red line) and to the direction of Letnany. It's the last stop and when you walk out of the metro, there is the airfield with the huge stage waiting for you!

TIPS FOR ACCOMODITATION:

- AirBnb is cheap and good if you're traveling with a friend / wife.

- There are great quality hostel's all over the city with big lockers where you can store your backpack.. my recommendation is Clown and Bard hostel.

- You can stay in the city center because its so easy and fast to get to the venue with Metro line C.

Merc was sold last year before the entrance so you could go and buy t-shirts and lithos and take them back to the hotel if you want and then come back. 

• Like 3

On 6/13/2017 at 9:31 AM, Kelmi said:

TIPS TO GET TO THE VENUE:

- Buy 24czk metro ticket (30min ticket) from the machines in the metro stations and hop in on metro line C (red line) and to the direction of Letnany. It's the last stop and when you walk out of the metro, there is the airfield with the huge stage waiting for you!

Thanks for the tip! :D

Did anyone else buy early entrance for this show and have you got any information yet on when you should arrive?

Edit: Might be a little bit early yet to send out that kind of information. 

Edited by Scaramouche

On 6/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, Hejanne said:

Any suggestions on where to stay? I'll arrive Monday morning, and I'll leave for Paris on wednesday. Planning on waiting in line most of tuesday, so close to the venue is prefered.

Centrum! :D Looks like it's easy to get to the venue by metro, and Uber is super easy/cheap in Prague as well.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, Hejanne said:

If you would like to do some sight seeing on Monday I would recommend staying somewhere within this area:

Capture.JPG

• Like 2