07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Based on what can you say the NA NITL is better than any other leg?

I have not made any assumptions. I am telling you that what people in this forum are doing/using to say one leg is better than the other is mainly a perception they have formed by watching videos or periscopes, because I don't know anyone on this forum who has been able to afford/attend enough shows on every leg of the tour as to make such a blunt statement: the NA leg of the tour is better than any other leg.

That is a HUGE statement that could only be made if you have been physically in at least half of the shows of every leg of this tour.

Anything else is just bullshit and politics.

I think you're getting away from the argument. You're saying the show as a whole can't be assumed to be better while I'm saying that vocally the NA Leg was better in that department. I love the setlist on this leg but vocally it's clear that Axl was leaps and bounds better in North America than he is now. 

I think vocally you can hear the differences on video. You take a look at songs like RQ and Jungle, compare the best and worst efforts on each leg and it's not even close. As an experience I see what you're saying...I can't argue the experience any one person has Bc of lack of being at every show but I think vocally speaking we can come to the conclusion that Axl sounded better last year than this year 

31 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think you're getting away from the argument. You're saying the show as a whole can't be assumed to be better while I'm saying that vocally the NA Leg was better in that department. I love the setlist on this leg but vocally it's clear that Axl was leaps and bounds better in North America than he is now. 

I think vocally you can hear the differences on video. You take a look at songs like RQ and Jungle, compare the best and worst efforts on each leg and it's not even close. As an experience I see what you're saying...I can't argue the experience any one person has Bc of lack of being at every show but I think vocally speaking we can come to the conclusion that Axl sounded better last year than this year 

How am I getting away from the argument? :question:

Your statement is that the North American leg of the tour is better than any other leg. Yeah, vocals are what outstand the most (especially when they are not so great) but the show is a whole and the vocals are not isolated. You have a whole band playing and a huge ass crowd singing around you all night long.

But if you want to go straight to the vocal department, we have to agree that he's been inconsistent since day one of this tour. In North America, in South America, in Asia, Europe.... There's not one single show anyone here can say it has been THE SHOW where Axl was brilliant from 9PM til 12.00AM.

"Rocket Queen" has always been weak, in all continents. So are YCBM, November Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Paradise City. He doesn't sing those well anywhere. Maybe in some shows he was better than others but we all know he struggles with those songs. And he's a powerhouse with OTGM, Nightrain, Brownstone, Its So Easy..... WTTJ has been good and bad sometimes, he's gotten better lately with that one.

Since he's not constant with his voice you cannot compare legs. You can compare shows, maybe, but he's not vocally constant during the shows either. For example, this Prague show... he's started mickeymousing the first songs. Then he sang KOHD and Nightrain wonderfully. Sorry wasn't that bad. I couldn't hear the rest but it must have been somewhat the same as all the other shows.

This leg has not even ended yet and you are already coming to the conclusion that the NA leg was better :shrugs: Im sorry but that's not serious... and that element gives me the idea that this statement is mainly political: for some reason the Americans want to believe their leg was better, as if that would make the Southamericans or the Asians or the Europeans become depressed and concerned in a way they will feel they are paying (or have paid) for a sub-par show.

It's not like that and you know it.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How am I getting away from the argument? :question:

Your statement is that the North American leg of the tour is better than any other leg. Yeah, vocals are what outstand the most (especially when they are not so great) but the show is a whole and the vocals are not isolated. You have a whole band playing and a huge ass crowd singing around you all night long.

But if you want to go straight to the vocal department, we have to agree that he's been inconsistent since day one of this tour. In North America, in South America, in Asia, Europe.... There's not one single show anyone here can say it has been THE SHOW where Axl was brilliant from 9PM til 12.00AM.

"Rocket Queen" has always been weak, in all continents. So are YCBM, November Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Paradise City. He doesn't sing those well anywhere. Maybe in some shows he's been better but we all know he struggles with those songs. And he's a powerhouse with OTGM, Nightrain, Brownstone, Its So Easy..... WTTJ has been good and bad sometimes, he's gotten better lately with that one.

Since he's not consistant with his voice you cannot compare legs. You can compare shows, maybe but he's not consistant in the shows either. For example, this Prague show... he's started mickeymousing the first songs. Then he sang KOHD and Nightrain wonderfully. Sorry wasn't that bad. I couldn't hear the rest but it must have been somewhat the same as all the other shows.

This leg has not even ended yet and you are already coming to the conclusion that the NA leg was better :shrugs: Im sorry but that's not serious... and that element gives me the idea that this statement is mainly political: for some reason the Americans want to believe their leg was better, as if that would make the Southamericans or the Asians or the Europeans become depressed and concerned in a way they will feel they are paying (or have paid) for a sub-par show.

It's not like that and you know it.

The original post you quoted from me specifically says vocals...not shows, I'm talking about vocals. This euro leg has been amazing from a setlist point of view and the crowds. 

Rocket Queen was incredible on the NA leg so don't even say it was always bad, the other songs Iike YCBM PC NR & SCOM have been bad for a while. But even songs like Jungle have struggled on this leg. Where as you can't find a bad one on the North American tour. I can find good performances of Coma, a decent YCBM, the best nightrain, great LALD, Yesterdays was better, my michelle was way better and I see that as indication that his voice was better in NA then now. You can't find a performance in Europe that tops those. You're not going to see a better Jungle than you saw in NA or even SA

im not trying to make my country look better by saying Axl sings better here...it's just the way it worked out. Maybe he feels he has more to prove here with our lame crowds, but I would even say the second half of the SA leg was on par with NA...he got better and I've seen no indication that he's improved in Europe.

however with all this said I think once we switch up locations we might see different vocals...it's happened before 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The original post you quoted from me specifically says vocals...not shows, I'm talking about vocals. This euro leg has been amazing from a setlist point of view and the crowds. 

Rocket Queen was incredible on the NA leg so don't even say it was always bad, the other songs Iike YCBM PC NR & SCOM have been bad for a while. But even songs like Jungle have struggled on this leg. Where as you can't find a bad one on the North American tour. I can find good performances of Coma, a decent YCBM, the best nightrain, great LALD, Yesterdays was better, my michelle was way better and I see that as indication that his voice was better in NA then now. You can't find a performance in Europe that tops those. You're not going to see a better Jungle than you saw in NA or even SA

im not trying to make my country look better by saying Axl sings better here...it's just the way it worked out. Maybe he feels he has more to prove here with our lame crowds, but I would even say the second half of the SA leg was on par with NA...he got better and I've seen no indication that he's improved in Europe.

however with all this said I think once we switch up locations we might see different vocals...it's happened before 

rocket queen on NA was friggin awesome, as was jungle, every night

• Like 1

Just now, Cory Trevor said:

rocket queen on NA was friggin awesome, as was jungle, every night

Thanks! I thought I was going insane. Had to watch videos from NA and it was all there. Axl was a monster. I'd post some videos but that wouldn't be right in the Prague thread. We have 50 voice threads now haha

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Thanks! I thought I was going insane. Had to watch videos from NA and it was all there. Axl was a monster. I'd post some videos but that wouldn't be right in the Prague thread. We have 50 voice threads now haha

i saw em in ottawa 2010, then colombus 2012, then toronto 2016 and rocket queen was the best in 2016... he sounds like 2012 again which sucks cause that song is so damn good when it's done how it was recorded... even the 2010 vox for me sounded like UYI (out of the nose and uber rasp)

My opinion: Axl and Frank (to my surprise) did quite well, Slash fucked up a couple of things (Godfather theme, first KOHD solo...), crowd was laaaame.

All in all it was a cool show, especially 'cause I didn't have to sit like in LA and SD ?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

i saw em in ottawa 2010, then colombus 2012, then toronto 2016 and rocket queen was the best in 2016... he sounds like 2012 again which sucks cause that song is so damn good when it's done how it was recorded... even the 2010 vox for me sounded like UYI (out of the nose and uber rasp)

how can you like 2016 version when we have this... cmon now

• Like 1

What an experience that was...once in a ilifetime for me!Great performance,super setlist and a great crowd.Hope and pray for more in the future!!!

P.s. In the end including myself i saw only happy faces so every talk here if Axl was good or anything else are nonsense...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Based on what?  Videos from different phones taped in different locations in different stadiums?  Really good way to make a comparison.....

i hope medical trials aren't runnthat way

3 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

how can you like 2016 version when we have this... cmon now

Different phone, different location in arena, different geometry away from sound system.  Come on.... there's a million reason why you can't compare video snippets.

• Like 2

Suddenly these last 3 shows or so they've doubled the encore length, really cool to see that...Usually bands take songs away as the tour goes on...
Must be in a good mood of late ! Shame we didn't get 30 in London (Jealous)
Must be 3+ hour shows the lot 
Maybe Axl will decide to "break the record" again when they do Stern :P 

4 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Based on what?  Videos from different phones taped in different locations in different stadiums?  Really good way to make a comparison.....

i hope medical trials aren't runnthat way

Different phone, different location in arena, different geometry away from sound system.  Come on.... there's a million reason why you can't compare video snippets.

I'm not comparing one song on one night to one song on another night...I'm comparing the tour leg as a whole. You go back and watch multiple performances from different cameras in different places and realize that all these RQ's sound good...but over in Europe they sound similar to those from 11-14, same with Jungle, my michelle and others. It just adds up...and if we took the best performances from each leg on any given night Houston would blow them away..that took place during a very consistent NA leg. 

A leg in which Axl didn't need to warm up to be good...he arrived in Detroit ready to go, sounding great! That trend continued for the tour. SA he warmed up during the tour, Asia tour was a drop off and Europe has been consistently bad from the vocal standpoint. I don't think I'm off in my analysis