07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

15 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Your banner is so cute/funny @Andy14 lol. That guy who knocked you down is a cunt, hope your knee is alright. Nice review :headbang:

Aww, thank you :hug:. My knee is alright, hurts a little. I still have one more knee and one more show to go :ph34r:

• Like 1

Anyone who was at the left side of the stage and has a good video of coma? During Coma Axl looked at me, smiled and gave me a thumbs up because I was singing every word along! :headbang::heart:I think it was around the last two minutes of the song.Unfortunately I was too busy singing and staring at Axl and didn't capture it!

Edited by Natalia92

words are poor to descripe what i feeled seeing after near 21 years  this band at last .My favorite band at last!!!!!!!. The fisrt thought was ''i am here??i am awake??'' .Seeing Axl amd Slash tgether was a dream that i didt believe that would make true!!!..

From begining of this day i saw in Prague many people with Guns shirts. It was amazing.  I came from Greece with a group of 28 people.  . We arrived at 18:00 in arena. We where running actually. Managed to take a good place in ArenaB . The show was amazing. Really this guys made a hard work. And they where really a Band. Seeing all videos in internet etc can not descripe 100% how it was. Hope in future to see them again!!!! ( Sorry for my english. )

• Like 2

20 hours ago, nickzark said:

words are poor to descripe what i feeled seeing after near 21 years  this band at last .My favorite band at last!!!!!!!. The fisrt thought was ''i am here??i am awake??'' .Seeing Axl amd Slash tgether was a dream that i didt believe that would make true!!!..

From begining of this day i saw in Prague many people with Guns shirts. It was amazing.  I came from Greece with a group of 28 people.  . We arrived at 18:00 in arena. We where running actually. Managed to take a good place in ArenaB . The show was amazing. Really this guys made a hard work. And they where really a Band. Seeing all videos in internet etc can not descripe 100% how it was. Hope in future to see them again!!!! ( Sorry for my english. )

We have been seen people in gnr shirts even yesterday in Prague ☺️ don't know what's the situation now because we wnt home to Budapest since then

• Like 1

I don`t know what happened that this forum was inaccessible right after the show, so I would like to add my two cents now.

Report from the left side of heaven

Although no posters and other ads, there was a lot of people in GNR shirts the center and fans at all. They didn`t outnumber Japanese tourist anyway, but still lots of people. You walk by and mingle and get into the concert mood together. I love this time when the mood ascends and then when it goes down but you still carry a sparkle after the concert. 

I decided to go around noon. At the final station I was the only one person in whole metro, the hall was empty, only resonating with the melody of Estranged soundcheck. Up there was just a couple of people by the fence, so we had fun, talked, danced, sang a capella... (silly, but ours). Then the crowd went tighter, I ended up under the armpit of some huge guy repeating myself: "I do it for GNR..." and when the gate opened, I ran like a hell to the security (surprisingly, I think I could pass a truck if I wanted to; I left empty water bottle there... just because there are no allowed water bottles? During the concert security guys passed some of theirs to the crowd anyway, so... whatever. No one got hurt). Then second running until I landed on the rail on Duff`s side. Okay, let`s breath in all the thrill, no heart attack, I will see something. Rail is a warm safe place for petite fans.

Prague was generous to Gunners. There was light rain in the morning, but in the afternoon the predicted one did not came, it was just cloudy to not to get baked in the open space, but warm enough to be in comfort. I talked to the rescue guy and he agreed that it`s much better than during AC/DC. They also brought water in plastic cups during the show, and we passed it on to back.

First supporting act was something more for intimate night club or bar and basically put me asleep, second was punk-ish, energic. 

And then... They said you are not prepared what you will see. True story. They were so near I could put my glasses off and enjoy them little blurry (less wrinkles and so).

Melissa in the beginning of Better was...wow. I could not see her much, so I can`t say more. Also about other ones by stable instruments. Yes, they sounded really good but with all the stimuli from leading figures...

One thing I did not expect was how I fell to that guy Richard Fortus. He was often really near by me, with his keen, Pete Townshend-ish windmill, whole body accented guitar move, completely enjoying the music. He is a guy on his spot, rhythm guitar, mostly holding back. He was also that shy and surprised kind of happy when we cheered him, having fun with us when all others left to Slash`s side or catwalk (yes, Slash`s side got much more attention than ours, but does not matter, we got some true gems). That man is delicate in compare to others but it does not make him less responsive. I also enjoyed musical energy between Slash and Richard, they seem to have much respect towards each other. Keith Richards would call it ancient art of weaving.

Other thing which you get on the left side is Duff, the calm Peaceful Warrior. He was incredible, tall, standing firmly on his long legs, in stable base groove from shoulders down and simultaneously interacting and having fun with people right under the stage, contented and genuine with his smile. I don`t think they ever filmed this for screens, far back it wouldn`t make sense anyway. I was so near that I was not paying attention to screens anyway, neither I saw fireworks and some effects. Anyway, why, if I had them, living beings, so near)

Slash is... At the latest in the moment when his fingers immerse in between frets, he skyrockets somewhere else, where is just pure music and where he can`t be reached by anything other (or anyone). He perceives world through music and as music. I loved the moment when he was soloing and all others stopped playing and were just looking at him and Axl was like: "Look at this guy, look at him!" (Slash obviously somewhere far, far away, pure music of the moment passing through his body to the guitar so we all can hear it). 

From all the things in this world I love the most... I call it listening to melodies of people. Everyone has one`s own melody (okay, Slash when playing basically does not have it because he is melody then). Not a thing easy to explain but... Getting Axl as a whole person so near, I got a melody of a man all exposed, with incredibly thin, sensitive skin. I met never grown up to full adult in his`s best: sensitive, perceptive, curious, enjoying, enthusiastic. He is the man who most of his life performs in front of huge audience, yet you still see that humble glimpse when he looks to the crowd if they liked it.  Even when something came off so well it even surprised himself, he was like You got it? This is good, isn`t it?

For me he feels like a huge chunk of human warmth and light with shine white, genuine, shy and humble smile. 

The song which moved me the most was "This I love". I like the song anyway, for me it`s Axl`s most mature song. He came to our part of the stage during the song with shattered heart plucked off this chest. Then came solo and immediately he was smiling, goofy and vividly communicating with people in the front, imitating them, cheering them up and having fun. And then cut, in a millisecond, singing again there was that piteous, abandoned, heartbroken man. He did this repeatedly during the show and various songs.

It was my first time, so I cannot compare it with anything previous, anything who they were in the past. I swear I perceived no ego, no anger, no unhealthy tension, just incredibly gifted musicians enjoying themselves and each other, each and every exactly on their spot to bring the sound full and great. They talk to each other through music and it works.

*I was surprised how perfectly was the show managed, so everyone could make it over 3 hours with no major problems or signs of exhaustion. During Paradise City was Axl still running like a ferret in a hat vivaciously cheering everyone up on both sides of the stage. And sounded great. I was a bit blasted by bass in where I was, but the sound was great (I did not get so strong heights there, I also regularly use ear protection for concerts which partially cuts heights, I got 3 days of strong tinitus after AC/DC, never more). Axl was not voice-saving in a way it would disturb me.  

*When he flips few octaves from high to low pitched voice - whoa!

*It seemed like encore would never end... 

*I have no idea how can I ruin my vocal chords on 2-3 GNR songs in original tuning (include plain screaming, of course) and now - nothing. Some concert magic. Music heals.

*Crowd gone bananas during songs like Jungle, Rocket Queen and, top, Nightrain. Whole Lotta Rosie also was not bad either. I had great people all around, no moron standing like frozen.

*Anyway, it`s difficult to take photos of them, particularly Axl is teaser, either lithe and running and dancing (difficult to focus, he also seems to know where the light really works against camera), and especially because in the moment you could possibly get best photos, he makes you to want to interact, not to gaze onto some little display. Yes, huge fight between photographer-me and concert-enjoying-me.

*The blur: For me the live show is 110% about feelings, not analyzing; at the end of the day, they made me feel great. I like my blur. Makes me perceive better.

Day 5

I Still can get hyped every time I remember the concert. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2017 at 3:44 PM, rudolf1978 said:

Great setlist but WTF happens to AXL??????  ive checked estranged...bad,KOHD bad,COma bAD and even jungle.I dont know what happens to him......

What?? He sounds great, are you are troll? 

A week after the show, I'm ready tu sum it up.

First of all, my apologies tio the people who have tried to contact me on the forum PM before the show, especially amaninjapan.

A month before the show I didn't  read the forum until few days a go. All those talks about guitar noodlers, mickey voices, boring shows, is Izzy gonna be there, will they play Perfect Crime, it's kinda distracting...

Show topics were flooded with this kind of talk, so I decided not to read this stuff and see for my self is ti bad or good.

Prague was obviously a good choice, the longest show on European leg so far. Vienna is closer to me, but I was never in Prague so I took a trip with my wife and few friends, to see Prague and enjoy the show. It was nice seeng a lot of people walking the city in GNR shirts.

Now about the show:

Venue was great, easy to get to, with great organization. I was at standing B, came there at 18:00, just in time to find a perfect spot (sound wise). As  I was in a metro on my way to the show I was thinking about Skin n Bones tour, and how I couldn't go to see them in Vienna in 1993, as I was only 14 years old. I couldn't believe this was happening now, and I was going to see Axl and Slash on the same stage, performing there greatest songs. It was a dream come through for me

Crowd was fantastic, knowing most of the songs, and singing along. By my side there was a young teenage girl from Slovakia with her parents, a nice chick from Russia with her boyfriend, and a few domestic girls. They all new the song, singing and having a good time.

GNR was fantastic. For me everything kinda clicked on Prague show. Great weather, good vibe from the crowd and the band, and great performance. Axl and the guys were clearly having a great time, smiling, and giving it all. Setlist was a killer. Longest  show on European leg so far, with fantastic encore. When they hit ISE, crowd went nuts. And we got  UTLH and  Yesterday, :) encore with both Patience and Don't Cry. I loved the covers to. GNR always liked to play covers live, it's a part of who they are. I remeber enjoying all the covers and intros that they did through years, they are good at it. Was even  hoping for Slash to do a Mother intro on PC, I love that song. I was a bit sceptic about The Seeker, but it sounded great live. At this point of the concert, when you know there are only few songs left, I would let them play 10 more covers, just to make the show longer :)

'bout those complaints.

Axl's voice was good. Youtube clips really don't do him justice. I don't expect him to be on his best days level, but this was good, really good. He really gave it all, and I got goosebumps when he started signing Only women bleed intro. Perfect moment. I couldn't belive I was listening to this live.

Guitar noodlers were also great. Slash is superb, and Fortus was a nice surprise for me. I liked his playing, it fits good. I could listen to these two noodle all day long.

Duff is a great bass player, love his music, and i liked his spot with YCPYAAM/Attitude. Frank was good, nothing to complain about. I'm ok with Dizzy and Melissa to.

What I would change if I could - I think WTTJ doesn't have a proper spot in the setlist. It's a great song and it goes way to early, it's one of there biggest hits, the song that took them to the top, and I think it would be great as the first song of encore.

Whole concert was a dream come true. After watching all those '90. UYI shows on youtube, I was thrilled to hear it all live.  I would do it again. If I didn't have to work I would go to Vienna yesterday.

When I sum it all up, I don't really care if they will produce new music or not. Those AFD and UYI songs can hardly be matched, they are legendary. And if they come again to Europe with the exact setlist next year, I would come to see them again. That's how good they are. If  you love those songs and have a chance to see them live, don't think twice, I know I won't :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...