07/07/17 - Paris, FR - Stade de France

alfierose

5 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's really, really shitty that the concert biz now revolves around selling about a third of the floor to these rich greatest hits assholes who go as some kinda lifestyle thing.

That Michelle sounds absolutely fine to me. There's enough power coming through on the Youtube video that it wouldn't even occur to 99.9% of the people there to question whether he's saving his voice/singing falsetto/cheating/not as good as Axl/CD etc. The cool thing is, if he's careful, he can sing like that for another ten years. Why would anyone want him wasting his voice rasping the fuck out of the same tired, boring old Appetite and Illusions songs he's played at every show since 2001? He needs to save his real voice to sing the absolute shit out of Thyme and Atlas. 

Why would i want to go to an ice cream shop and get yogurt, that is basically what you are saying.  Get real.

32 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It did really happen, however, there have been other "Where's Izzy"signs and banners NOT taken down.  The difference, the one that was confiscated was being held up over the person's head blocking the view of those behind them.  There was a banner at Vegas off the right side of the stage as you look at it that stayed up the entire show b/c it never blocked anyone's view.  

That makes sense, if signs/banners block someone's view, they obviously should be taken down.

I wouldn't have have an use for any of this overpriced tat to be honest. What the heck is the purpose behind GN'R extinguishers? 'Are you supposed to say to yourself while brandishing one, 'look at how patriotic to GN'R I am being, my chip pan having set my house ablaze (along with all my relatives)?''.

I bought a bullet logo shirt for a fiver from Asda; official as it had the black and white tag and is of high quality. I wear it as a bed shirt.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

In my opinion its the best version of don't cry since the reunion started.

I attended a few shows, and I think you're right.  Outstanding performance and the song that got to me the most yesterday. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dean said:

I've been pretty close when I was in Gdansk and Prague, but not as good as where I was last night.

I don't know if it's clouded my judgement, but I'm definitely leaning more towards that Paris show as my favourite from the 5 I've been to. 

What a beautiful city.

Axl has been great to me, as has the band, throughout the shows. Axl slipped up a few times last night, but that was down to him losing concentration after trying to ensure everything was alright in the crowd.

I made a surge forward when a mini pit happened at Jungle and left my friend a few bodies behind. I was close as was, but it took me even closer to the catwalk. I was maybe 6/7 people away from the Nightrain horns. If anyone has footage of Estranged, especially if it focuses on Axl, I'd highly appreciate it if you could upload it, as I'm certain Axl smiled and nodded at me.

Check out this picture I took.

image.jpeg

That is a kickass pic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Why would i want to go to an ice cream shop and get yogurt, that is basically what you are saying.  Get real.

I'd agree that he'd have been better off saving his voice in 06-10 when nobody apart from hardcore cared and  giving 100% for these shows but with that said I'd still rather he saved it now for when they tour new songs rather than take years off his career by rasping through the hits for stadiums full of people who are quite happy with his singing atm. 

7 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I'd agree that he'd have been better off saving his voice in 06-10 when nobody apart from hardcore cared and  giving 100% for these shows but with that said I'd still rather he saved it now for when they tour new songs rather than take years off his career by rasping through the hits for stadiums full of people who are quite happy with his singing atm. 

They aren't going to tour new songs, if you don't realize that by now I can't help you.  He'll tour new material with AC/DC long before Guns as he clearly cares more about Angus' band than his own.