Openers for Europe/NA 2017

I would love to see AFI on some dates as they will be in Europe by the same time as GN'R. They even covered My Michelle a while ago. But it's more like my personal wish than real possibility as I don't think they would be a good fit neither are big enough anymore to open for reunited Guns.

Whoever it is, they definitely won't be as entertaining as Babymetal. I kinda wish they'd open the North American shows because even if the music doesn't fit, the show itself would be great :lol:

With my luck though it'll be Alice In Chains. (Not that I dislike AIC but the 3 shows I saw them open this year were underwhelming).

Edited by Gordon Comstock

14 hours ago, DanielitoCZ said:

I would love to see AFI on some dates as they will be in Europe by the same time as GN'R. They even covered My Michelle a while ago. But it's more like my personal wish than real possibility as I don't think they would be a good fit neither are big enough anymore to open for reunited Guns.

Sure they are.  They are still bigger than many of the bands GNR had opening last tour. I doubt it'll be AFI,they don't have to pay a big band to sell tickets . 

9 hours ago, jonah said:

Art of Anarchy and sixx am 

Ha! 

I mean maybr Six AM (if the relationship hadn't soured), but let's face it 90% of the crowd don't carrcsbout sixx am or DJ ashba AND the music is Seether level shire.

Art of anarchy, no. Mainly because the split with guns and Bumble trying to avoid talking about guns. Ufvhr tours with them those questions are gonna intensify.

Any band offered the gig should jump at it though, especially lower level acts.

I'd love if the darkness opened, or the winery dogs. Can't see either getting the nod from the band though. IMO it needs to be a heavy rock band, and not depressing slow rock/pop.

NOT Sixxam, that band is meh at best.  I just watched a live show from them recently and thought wow they all look like a bunch of posers, Sixx included.  And the singer is annoying to me, the songs all sound the same.  I do like a couple of the tunes but no way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Sure they are.  They are still bigger than many of the bands GNR had opening last tour. I doubt it'll be AFI,they don't have to pay a big band to sell tickets . 

AFI is opening for Deftones. I don't think they are that big 

Its a tough one because in Europe with that many dates they will sell them out (and headline Glasto), but live music in general is in rude health so a lot of the bands will make good money doing their own headline tours. So people like Alice Cooper, A7X would be playing arena shows on their own here so it doesn't make a lot of sense to play support shows - but Guns have the money in the kitty and there's plenty of acts who would do it. Also its the festival season in Europe so there will be lots and lots and lots of bands around with spare dates to fill.

Someone like Thin Lizzy is a strong possibility (or whatever they call the band when they are playing the more recent stuff). A lot of the US bands mentioned would be keen to get on the support for the EU tour because they don't have a big presence here (in the UK at least). People like Buckcherry, Volbeat and even Ugly Kid Joe would only be playing to a couple of thousand at best here. It really depends who's choice it is - because sometimes its decided by promoters, labels etc. who want their other acts to get some large stage experience but there's not presently a really obvious candidate.

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 9:53 AM, gunsguy said:

NOT Sixxam, that band is meh at best.  I just watched a live show from them recently and thought wow they all look like a bunch of posers, Sixx included.  And the singer is annoying to me, the songs all sound the same.  I do like a couple of the tunes but no way

Yeah exactly this. I used to like them but I grew out of that in 08 when I was 17. Their music is pretty meh now. Plus if they open there's the chance for DJ to join up on stage and butcher some Guns songs again. Just like the good ol days.