Openers for Europe/NA 2017

For European dates  the support band will be The Cult when the NITL Tour was announced Billy Duffy The Cults guitarist said he'd been told the were the support band for the European dates. I think they are an excellent choice as a support band. 

• Like 4

On 08/12/2016 at 10:45 AM, AFD5 said:

For European dates  the support band will be The Cult when the NITL Tour was announced Billy Duffy The Cults guitarist said he'd been told the were the support band for the European dates. I think they are an excellent choice as a support band. 

If that comes true, I will be extremely happy. I so want this to happen. 

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If that comes true, I will be extremely happy. I so want this to happen. 

Both bands go back a long way Guns supported The Cult back in 1987 I really think that it'll be a great show. The only other band i'd love to see Guns tour with is Skid Row but with Baz of course incidentally I've just seen this on Blabbermouth

During an appearance on Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM show "Trunk Nation" earlier this week, Sebastian Bach was asked if there have been any updates on his long-rumored reunion with other members of the classic lineup of SKID ROW. He responded: "All I can say is that [my manager] Rick [Sales] is talking to [SKID ROW's early manager] Doc [McGhee]. That's all I can say. That is what is happening, and I don't have anything else to tell you. All I can tell you is we're not getting any younger, folks. [Laughs] Let's put the hair band back together while we've got hair. [Laughs]"
If this happens Skid Row & The Cult could open for Guns now what a show that would be. Nobody thought we'd ever see Axl & Slash share a stage so I suppose there's still hope of a Skid Row - Baz reunion.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 4:39 AM, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

The Struts will be London, Santa Cruz will be Scandinavia, no idea for the rest of Europe.

This is just following that they usually get support from bands that come from the city they're playing

The Struts already supported them, so I think this is a very smart guess.

A very exciting one too. They fucking rock!

19 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Both bands go back a long way Guns supported The Cult back in 1987 I really think that it'll be a great show. The only other band i'd love to see Guns tour with is Skid Row but with Baz of course incidentally I've just seen this on Blabbermouth

During an appearance on Eddie Trunk's SiriusXM show "Trunk Nation" earlier this week, Sebastian Bach was asked if there have been any updates on his long-rumored reunion with other members of the classic lineup of SKID ROW. He responded: "All I can say is that [my manager] Rick [Sales] is talking to [SKID ROW's early manager] Doc [McGhee]. That's all I can say. That is what is happening, and I don't have anything else to tell you. All I can tell you is we're not getting any younger, folks. [Laughs] Let's put the hair band back together while we've got hair. [Laughs]"
If this happens Skid Row & The Cult could open for Guns now what a show that would be. Nobody thought we'd ever see Axl & Slash share a stage so I suppose there's still hope of a Skid Row - Baz reunion.

Wait did I read that right? Did Baz just refer to Skid Row as a hair band? Anyone remember when he flipped shit on George Alphabet Strombolopawhateverhisnameis for calling them a hair band? Haha 

• Like 1

On 6 December 2016 at 6:12 PM, The Cosmic Ted said:

I really hope it's Michael Monroe and his band for Finland.. :headbang:

Michael is Slash's friend, they even played together in Finland in 2010 and 2015. He also knows Axl from the 90's. So I can't see why not!

He said in a recent interview that he has emailed Slash about that and would be willing to do at least one country. ;)

• Like 2

Reunited Skid Row would be amazing - too bad I don't think that will happen - IF Baz reunites it will be for the "big paycheck" only and they wouldn't get it as supportband.

It would be the like this version of gnr just touring as supportband for the rolling stones...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kula2006 said:

Reunited Skid Row would be amazing - too bad I don't think that will happen - IF Baz reunites it will be for the "big paycheck" only and they wouldn't get it as supportband.

It would be the like this version of gnr just touring as supportband for the rolling stones...

I hate to tell you there is no "big paycheck" waiting for Skid Row, there's minimal demand for them to actually reunite.   It sounds great to us that may have enjoyed the genre, but the people who buy tickets to see bands nowadays don't give a shit about Skid Row.  Opening for GnR would be the highlight of any such reunion for them.  Otherwise, they can tour on their and play theaters or do the summer thing in sheds with several other acts from the era, that's their ceiling.  

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If Skid Row reunited I bet they'd make more opening for GNR than they would on their own. They'd definitely be playing for more people, too. I like Skid Row but they'd have to tour with another band to fill anything more than small arena's.

Bahaha, I hadn't even read what you said when I posted what I did :)

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I hate to tell you there is no "big paycheck" waiting for Skid Row, there's minimal demand for them to actually reunite.   It sounds great to us that may have enjoyed the genre, but the people who buy tickets to see bands nowadays don't give a shit about Skid Row.  Opening for GnR would be the highlight of any such reunion for them.  Otherwise, they can tour on their and play theaters or do the summer thing in sheds with several other acts from the era, that's their ceiling.  

Bahaha, I hadn't even read what you said when I posted what I did :)

of course we are not talking about gnr type of money here - I would say they would double their attandance figures with a baz reunion - here in vienna I would estimate they would now play in front of ~1000 people

I'm not even sure if a supportband for the gnr would get any money for it - maybe they would even have to pay to support gnr...

of course we are not talking about gnr type of money here - I would say they would double their attandance figures with a baz reunion - here in vienna I would estimate they would now play in front of ~1000 people

I'm not even sure if a supportband for the gnr would get any money for it - maybe they would even have to pay to support gnr...

Skid row is my 2nd favourite band after GNR. I love them and would be happy to have them as opener.

Skid row without Baz filled the ottakringer brauerei in vienna and the Posthof in Linz. With baz they fill gasometer as well. I like the boys a lot ,their new material isn t bad either so even without baz I d love them to open for Gnr.

• Like 1

On 2016-12-08 at 11:45 AM, AFD5 said:

Source? Because I'm pretty sure he said they would open at some non-us dates (as in Mexico) which they did...

Edited by CheapJon
  • Like 1

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 11:49 AM, CheapJon said:

Source? Because I'm pretty sure he said they would open at some non-us dates (as in Mexico) which they did...

It was an article I read online in Classic Rock it looks like the article's been pulled so either Duffy was speaking out of turn or they're not on the tour. The article went on to say it would be some kind of payback to The Cult who helped Guns in the early days when they first came to the U.K. I'm not a gambling man but if Baz rejoins Skid Row (don't rule it out the managers are talking)  I would put money on them supporting Guns at some point on the tour