Openers for Europe/NA 2017

An early post suggested that Skid Row without Baz would be a cool support for Guns. I strongly disagree & the only reason Skid Row would get the support slot would be with Baz on board  

Below is the video of Skid Rows full set when they supported Guns at the old Wembley Stadium in 1991 one word sums it up brilliant.

this HTML class. Value is https://m.youtube.co    

Edited by AFD5

6 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

Yeah, AFD5, you're 100% right. No way in hell SKid Row dns for GUNS w/out Sebastian. 

I know it s unlikely that skid row without baz will open for gnr. It s just my wish to see them as opener - with or without baz - because i love their music and to see my 2 fav.bands on one evening would be really cool :lol:

However , rachel bolan stated they wouldn t want baz back ever..but who thought we qoul

I was interrupted.. 

..who thought we would ever see axl and slash again onstage?

But I think its different with skid row. Gnr were all 5 friends and grew toghether.

Skid row were already a group who found baz as a perfect singer but I dont think they were great friends like Snake Rachel and Scotti were.

22 minutes ago, donny said:

ALTER BRIDGE are in Europe for the june download festival and not much else planned ???

They got Download and they typically spend their June doing festivals like Hellfest, Rock AM Ring/IM Park, which they are already announced for, Graspop with some headlining shows in between.  Usually, after they do festivals in June, it's in July that Myles is with Slash for whatever, but with the GNR tour, I'm hoping they do more shows by themselves anywhere in that period.

12 hours ago, AFD5 said:

It was an article I read online in Classic Rock it looks like the article's been pulled so either Duffy was speaking out of turn or they're not on the tour. The article went on to say it would be some kind of payback to The Cult who helped Guns in the early days when they first came to the U.K. I'm not a gambling man but if Baz rejoins Skid Row (don't rule it out the managers are talking)  I would put money on them supporting Guns at some point on the tour

Yes, he was referring to Mexico dates last summer. Opening bands does not get booked 15 months prior a tour.

this is the original article/interview http://www.vanyaland.com/2016/04/04/617-cults-billy-duffy-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion-benefits-drinking-water-whats-wrong-manchester-citys-football-club/

12 hours ago, AFD5 said:

It was an article I read online in Classic Rock it looks like the article's been pulled so either Duffy was speaking out of turn or they're not on the tour. The article went on to say it would be some kind of payback to The Cult who helped Guns in the early days when they first came to the U.K. I'm not a gambling man but if Baz rejoins Skid Row (don't rule it out the managers are talking)  I would put money on them supporting Guns at some point on the tour

Yes, he was referring to Mexico dates last summer. Opening bands does not get booked 15 months prior a tour.

this is the original article/interview http://www.vanyaland.com/2016/04/04/617-cults-billy-duffy-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion-benefits-drinking-water-whats-wrong-manchester-citys-football-club/

My apologies for misunderstanding the article guys I could have sworn he'd said he been told they were doing the European leg . I've just been looking round an oddly enough  The Cult only have one show booked in for 2017. Its on May 5th its in Concord NC at  something called Carolina Rebellion  the plot thickens & I still wouldn't write them off the European leg.

Edited by AFD5

this HTML class. Value is http://thecult.us/ma  here's the  link to the cult date for 2017

There's something strange going on I've tried to post that link twice now & it's not working to prove I'm not going mad if you Google The Cult tour you can see for yourself if someone can fix the link i'd be grateful cheers guys 

Edited by AFD5
  • Like 1

Rumor has it that they are trying to get the original Hanoi Rocks (Monroe-McCoy-Yaffa-Nasty-?) to open up at least in Finland.

Monroe has opened for Slash for the last few times he was here:

Ah together again:

331ce28edab270f96debcb041e19053c.jpgtumblr_mhmzpe7smd1s1jzc3o1_400.jpgtumblr_o8ajst7cZt1uj8av3o6_500.jpg

And of course them:

11thstreetkidzz.jpg

hrocksband.jpg

Edited by Teroz
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Teroz said:

Rumor has it that they are trying to get the original Hanoi Rocks (Monroe-McCoy-Yaffa-Nasty-?) to open up at least in Finland.

Monroe has opened for Slash for the last few times he was here:

Ah together again:

331ce28edab270f96debcb041e19053c.jpgtumblr_mhmzpe7smd1s1jzc3o1_400.jpgtumblr_o8ajst7cZt1uj8av3o6_500.jpg

And of course them:

11thstreetkidzz.jpg

hrocksband.jpg

Where did you hear this? Amazing if true! :headbang:

On December 15, 2016 at 0:41 PM, God of Thunder said:

Thanks for the tip; pretty good band; did not hear of them before. Similar to Backyard Babies. Good music comes from Sweden!

One thing I really love about them is that they push their sound. They take you on a musical journey - something people today don't experience because they just YouTube or download fhe hits. People rarely listen to a full album from start to finish anymore. 

HCSS experiments on every album. Rock album. Then a punk influenced album. Then a more metal album. Then a hard rock influenced album. So each album is a real experience where you are going to get something new sounding. 

I always tell people to listen to at least 10 songs and hopefully at least 20 of them before they make their judgement. Because you could randomly pick 4-5 songs and think "not my cup of tea. No thanks."  But the next 5 songs you listened to could totally rock your world. 

They are my current favorite touring rock band right now. Amazing love. Their singer is in his 40s and has more RASP than anybody out there doing hard rock. 

Appetite fans should love this band. 

Someone Special is my current fave. Make sure you check out that song. It's one of their more pop-rock type songs. Most of their stuff is a lot heavier. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 7:31 PM, The Cosmic Ted said:

Where did you hear this? Amazing if true! :headbang:

Hmm let's say, it is the word on the street.  

Also Yaffa and McCoy have laterly stated that they have some offers. And found it possible that they would do something one more time.

The only worry is McCoy who is totally unpredictable, he has been mainly doing a documentary with Bam Margera and playing some odd shows here and there, and he did not sound good at all. So who know it could just be Mike Monroe opening up.

CINpDHGUkAAJvTQ.jpg

• Like 1