Openers for Europe/NA 2017

18 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only decent opener ive seen at a gnr show was bach. billy talent makes me wanna shoot myself even if its just standing in the merch line music. i cant fuckin stand them

The first time I saw Baz was when he opened for them in 2010, and it was fucking awesome. But I saw him a few months ago and, like Axl, his voice isn't what it was then. Still a fun show but it was in a little bar, I don't know how it'd go over in a stadium. I definitely agree about Billy Talent though :vomit:

I still think Monster Truck would be great for at least the Canada shows. The Darkness or The Struts would be good openers too. Prophets of Rage or Twenty One Pilots would be cool if they're going for something different.

It'd be cool if they got The Cruel Intentions to open a couple shows in Europe (or NA!), give them a bit of publicity. It's the original singer from Vains Of Jenna's new band.

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The first time I saw Baz was when he opened for them in 2010, and it was fucking awesome. But I saw him a few months ago and, like Axl, his voice isn't what it was then. Still a fun show but it was in a little bar, I don't know how it'd go over in a stadium. I definitely agree about Billy Talent though :vomit:

I still think Monster Truck would be great for at least the Canada shows. The Darkness or The Struts would be good openers too. Prophets of Rage or Twenty One Pilots would be cool if they're going for something different.

It'd be cool if they got The Cruel Intentions to open a couple shows in Europe (or NA!), give them a bit of publicity. It's the original singer from Vains Of Jenna's new band.

Hide contents

idk i guess baz fit cuz it was nostalgic... i mean if thats what gnr is going for, and it seems to be, then it makes no sense to have an up and coming band if the crowd (or most of it) is there for nostalgia... if i had to pick a newer band then id like to see the black keys... pretty sure axl said they were one of his favorite new bands... not that theyre new anymore lol i dont follow them but i dont think theyre up to much lately... might be a good way for them to get back in the spotlight... and it would help gnr justify the ticket prices... fuckin metallica has a7x and volbeat and tickets are a lot cheaper than gnr so id at least like it if it wasnt some shitty local band

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

idk i guess baz fit cuz it was nostalgic... i mean if thats what gnr is going for, and it seems to be, then it makes no sense to have an up and coming band if the crowd (or most of it) is there for nostalgia... if i had to pick a newer band then id like to see the black keys... pretty sure axl said they were one of his favorite new bands... not that theyre new anymore lol i dont follow them but i dont think theyre up to much lately... might be a good way for them to get back in the spotlight... and it would help gnr justify the ticket prices... fuckin metallica has a7x and volbeat and tickets are a lot cheaper than gnr so id at least like it if it wasnt some shitty local band

I thought about the Black Keys right after I made that post actually, they'd be a good fit. I know A7X and Volbeat are bigger names and good bands (moreso Volbeat but the show I'm thinking about has Gojira which is better than both of them) but Guns could go with Deftones or something if they want a heavier opener.

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only decent opener ive seen at a gnr show was bach. billy talent makes me wanna shoot myself even if its just standing in the merch line music. i cant fuckin stand them

You missed Chris Stapleton...and Metallica apparently.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:06 PM, Hollywood Gunner said:

i was happy to pay 100$ an hour to stand in the pit before metallica announced their tour. now i kinda feel like im getting ripped off if its a shit opener

Oh god, Billy Talent was horrible.......of course the Canadian show gets stuck with the shitty local band.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 9:18 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Oh god, Billy Talent was horrible.......of course the Canadian show gets stuck with the shitty local band.

The 'speech' he gave re: passion and gord downie and all that shit they did during one of their last songs was the cringiest thing I've witnessed at a concert lol. I'm in a college course pertaining to live sound and we used that same exact billy talent song (also live from a local festival) as an example of adjusting a mix on the fly, and the performance was from like 2011.... which means that hes repeating the same 'heartfelt' speech every fuckin show for like 5-6 years now haha damn axl rants> billy talent and their preaching

9 hours ago, sparka said:

The NA support was a real high calibre, but I'll be happy with Wolfmother and The Struts in London. Didn't rate Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown at the AXL/DC shows I'm afraid.

I saw the Struts in SF, would not mind seeing them again.. but I doubt they will open in San Antonio! 

• Like 1

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 0:46 AM, Nicklord said:

I still can't get the hate for Billy Talent. They are just average, so so so so many worse bands than them

I actually just saw them headline a few weeks ago. Wife wanted to go and I decided to go with. They were much better than I expected. Like they aren't great but still, not the worst by a long shot. Monster Truck opened for them. I still can't get into them. I see their name keep coming up for Canada Guns shows and I can't hope for anything else more. 

11 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

It better not be fucking Billy No Talent.

Whats your problem with billy talent? They are a punk rock band and their music is really cool. Live they are great! Here in austria and germany they are very popular and I would prefer them 1000 times to the cult or the who!