Openers for Europe/NA 2017

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I saw The Kills supporting Oasis way back when, shite then too. The wank support makes it look like they don't give a flying fuck about London. 

Killing Joke, Backyard Babies, Mark Lanegan, Michael Monroe all would've been great, even the fucking Darkness would've done and they're shite! :lol: What happened to The Cult rumour? Horrific that. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Darkness is awesome

But seriously, who ever cares that much about an opener? If the act is good to great then thats a great bonus. If not, who cares? 

Yeah, you expect something at least half decent though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Killing Joke, Backyard Babies, Mark Lanegan, Michael Monroe all would've been great, even the fucking Darkness would've done and they're shite! :lol: What happened to The Cult rumour? Horrific that. :(

The Cult "rumour" came from an interview from last year where The cult's guitarist said that they'd open for GN'R outside of the states, which they did, in Mexico. 

• Like 1

Mike Monroe in Finland is awesome. I'm happy for @Lumikki and everyone else going to that show! :)

I don't forget the stupid comment his guitarist Rich Jones made about Axl when the reunion was about to be announced, though. :max: 

Backyard Babies rock too, those going to the Sweden show are gonna have a blast! :headbang:

Sorry about those who are getting shitty openers. Believe me, it can't be much worse than the awful local band that opened in Argentina :vomit:

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 1

I'm happy with Lanegan but I also think he is not the best for a stadium show. He fits better in small clubs and the "general public" aka those that only care about Axl and Slash, won't even know who he is. I wish he invited Izzy so they could sing Strange Religion together and troll everyone. :lol:

10 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Touching you-hooooo-oooooooooh!

Agreed.

Here in Spain we get Mark Lanegan and Tyler, so it seems to be boring.

Btw, am I the only one here who knows "I believe in a thing called love" of The Darkness because of Guitar Hero?:lol:

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Darkness is awesome

But seriously, who ever cares that much about an opener? If the act is good to great then thats a great bonus. If not, who cares? 

Geez. Back in the day we had Soundgarden, Faith no more, Suicidal Tendencies, The Cult, Soul Asylum, Blind Melon, Brian May... as support. Why have crap support, when you also can have great support? Especially when you have two of them. If they can't manage to get great support bands, that make sense, they really shouldn't bother at all and just have none. But all the bands, who seem to have great support bands are lacking these days.

6 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

There are some shows that are barely half sold. The Darkness will add approximately zero ticket sales to that. Now I can't see GNR ponying up for a mid level band (A7X) that will actually move a few tickets so I'm thinking it'll be smaller bands that Slash,Duff and Axl are into.

Same thing happened last year though, I'm sure as the shows get closer they'll drop ticket prices and the shows will sell fine regardless of the opener.

I don't care about A7X but Gojira's last show with Metallica is in Edmonton a few days before GNR start their run of Canada shows, and Slash is a fan... that would be epic. :drool:

edit: @iiii]; )'

:ph34r:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

14 hours ago, Rovim said:

I'm in a very dark place right now. The Swedes are getting pink spandex agility to get them in a silly mood while I will be experiencing mute Tyler live on shrooms.

TB is that bad? Not Team Brazil but Tyler Bryant. Getting him in Paris.

12 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Mike Monroe in Finland is awesome. I'm happy for @Lumikki and everyone else going to that show! :)

I don't forget the stupid comment his guitarist Rich Jones made about Axl when the reunion was about to be announced, though. :max: 

Backyard Babies rock too, those going to the Sweden show are gonna have a blast! :headbang:

Sorry about those who are getting shitty openers. Believe me, it can't be much worse than the awful local band that opened in Argentina :vomit:

That's not stupid. Why ignore that at that point Axl has sucked for 4 years consistently including doing some of his worst perfomances of his lifetime, only Vegas was somewhat "ok" in 2014 but he still looked like shit and had the the disguise and the handlebar, looked nothing like he used to and sang clean a lot. Of course Axl completely changed for the first reunion shows but this was DECEMBER 2015. Anybody who had been following the shows since 2011 knows how Axl sounded and looked. That statement was spot on and anyone who thought otherwise that Axl sounded great and looked great..get out.

Man... Royal Blood, Biffy Clyro, Michael Monroe, Wolfmother etc. elsewhere (not to mention the NA tour supports!) and London gets Tyler Bryant and the something-or-others and The Kills... Damn, short changed or what!

Edited by sparka
sp
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's not stupid. Why ignore that at that point Axl has sucked for 4 years consistently including doing some of his worst perfomances of his lifetime, only Vegas was somewhat "ok" in 2014 but he still looked like shit and had the the disguise and the handlebar, looked nothing like he used to and sang clean a lot. Of course Axl completely changed for the first reunion shows but this was DECEMBER 2015. Anybody who had been following the shows since 2011 knows how Axl sounded and looked. That statement was spot on and anyone who thought otherwise that Axl sounded great and looked great..get out.

Putting Axl down before the reunion even started was completely unnecessary but I can understand his concern regarding Axl's voice. Now, complaining about his look is the stupidest thing in the world. The guy is over 50, he's not meant to be a sex symbol anymore....

Anyone who decides not to go to a GNR show just because Axl isn't the most gorgeous man in the world anymore can stay at home and go fuck themselves.

• Like 3

In case anyone's interested, Michael Monroe just said in an interview that if GNR asks him to come on stage and jam with them, he won't say no, but there's been no talk about that yet. Oh man Ain't It Fun would be great, but even Bad Obsession with Mike on harmonica would be something.

• Like 1

On 4.4.2017 at 11:19 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Hah, I wish. I'm going to the shows in Munich and Vienna, so I'll get The Kills and Wolfmother or something according this thread. Meh.

• Like 1

On 2017-04-06 at 1:40 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

If they had Angry Anderson on stage, it's a safe bet MM will too. But yeah- only question is what song?

They actually covered AAs song though, and he's joined Axl before. It's pretty fkn far from a safe bet that Mike's gonna join them. Lenny Kravitz didn't join them last summer. Slash joined Wolfmother like once? 

Chances are slim no matter how awesome it could be.