Openers for Europe/NA 2017

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. He's a pussy because he doesn't want to get hurt by a rock or any other potentially deadly object that is being hurled on stage.?? Wow. Keyboard warriors at best. I wanna see how you react when performing on a stage and things come flying at you from out of nowhere. No one should ever have to go through that.

Twisted Sister went through that in England and won the crowd over, as they always do. They were one of the best live bands around and those fuckers in the crowd idiots for throwing stuff, just because they were put off by the outfits.

Well you wont see how i react cuz i aint in a rock n roll band so I'm sorry about that.  Hows it make me a keyboard warrior, keyboard warrior suggests some form of insinuation that I'm claiming I'd do something that I'd bottle it from in real life, hes alright givin' it large, smacking photographers but then something gets thrown onstage and he fucks off?  Thats behavin' like a minge in my book.  If you wanna act hard like Axl clearly does well its gonna bring a rowdy element to your gigs, in the same way umpteen punk bands gave off a 'dont give a fuck' attitude and got rowdiness and gave back as good as they got, dont blame me if the ginger whinger does one but cant handle the other.

'no one should have to' a lot of things, thats not the point, the point is how you handle em when they happen.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

I guess I'm in the absolute minority in thinking the Kills are fucking rad. I've seen them out here in California a couple times this year and they put on a hell of a show. I agree that they are somewhat of an odd opener for guns but at the same time think it's nice having a band that contrasts the headliner rather than a second rate version of the same thing. I could quite possibly be flying out to the two London shows and will be stoked to see the Kills if I end up doing so.

I dont have a problem with a support that contrasts the main act, but I want them to gee me up, not put me to sleep. Indie music was relevant for about 3 mins back in the 90s and that's where it should fucking stay. Bunch of limp dick losers who can't play the guitar properly. Royal blood, prophets of rage, prodigy, the darkness, voodoo six - any of these would have been better instead of those ass hats.

On 10/04/2017 at 11:37 AM, Len Cnut said:

Except they're all tarts who walk offstage now because 'that bottle could've killed me!'...that plastic bottle of Evian thrown by some mung bean eating hippie with all strength in his arms of a cancer patients last wank.

:lol: I'm gonna have to stop reading your posts, my eyes are fucking stinging!

2 hours ago, thefuckinglegend said:

I dont have a problem with a support that contrasts the main act, but I want them to gee me up, not put me to sleep. Indie music was relevant for about 3 mins back in the 90s and that's where it should fucking stay. Bunch of limp dick losers who can't play the guitar properly. Royal blood, prophets of rage, prodigy, the darkness, voodoo six - any of these would have been better instead of those ass hats.

:lol: Two posts, both brilliant, keep it up mate. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 1:38 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

When does this tour begin?

One month....5/27!! :headbang:

17 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Any recent rumors about NA openers?  I would think these would be solidified in the near future.

Nope not yet...some NA cities last year had their openers named pretty early and others like SF, just a couple of weeks before! :blink:

On 4/28/2017 at 3:39 PM, AFGnR said:

Do we know when they will be rehearsing? Or the first few shows could be rough!

They are already rehearsing  - With slash in the band he is a work a holic - mates studio in LA is where its going down 

• 2 weeks later...

Local radio station in Winnipeg just announced Chris Jericho doing a spoken word show the day after Winnipeg's GNR show. His band has a new album coming out. Wonder what the chances are that Fozzy gets tossed on as an opener for that show and maybe 1 more nearby. Just seems too good that he's doing this the night after Guns N Roses.

• Like 1