07/12/17 - Nijmegen, NL - Goffertpark

alfierose

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The shirt would be questionable in St. Louis. 

I hope Axl makes some smartass comment when they play RQ though 

He should say, jokingly: Everyone with a cell phone, I'm taking it from you, goddammit!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. It's not. That's the great thing about outdoor shows. When it starts at daylight, goes into twilight and ends when it's dark. Much more fun than when it's dark throughout.

I would be willing to bet that most fans probably find It a bit strange seeing Axl onstage In daylight. Fans that have followed the band since the beginning are not accustomed to It. I am not debating as to what particular time of the day or night Is best, that Is a personal opinion.  Personally, I would much rather have them come on at night. The first night In Las Vegas last year they came on somewhere right around midnight and played until between 2:30-3:00 am, If I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The shirt would be questionable in St. Louis. 

I hope Axl makes some smartass comment when they play RQ though 

I actually expect that he will apologize to St Louis as he apologized to Philadelphia. We will see. I have been waiting In anticipation for this particular show for some time.  

2 minutes ago, username said:

First time I saw them (2006) I found it strange to see Axl at all. :lol: 

lol, you were one of the lucky crowds he actually showed up for.

Edited by ironmt

14 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I would be willing to bet that most fans probably find It a bit strange seeing Axl onstage In daylight. Fans that have followed the band since the beginning are not accustomed to It. I am not debating as to what particular time of the day or night Is best, that Is a personal opinion.  Personally, I would much rather have them come on at night. The first night In Las Vegas last year they came on somewhere right around midnight and played until between 2:30-3:00 am, If I remember correctly. 

Yeah, me too. It seems to me that it takes away from the show if it starts at 7 p.m. (wtf) and 2/3 of it is in daylight. It's a bit... "uncool" :P

9 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I actually expect that he will apologize to St Louis as he apologized to Philadelphia. We will see. I have been waiting In anticipation for this particular show for some time.  

This is what I expect as well. I don't think he'll say more than that or joke, as he may be afraid that it could be misunderstood, taken out of context, etc.

Edited by Blackstar

Some reviews (all in Dutch):

Algemeen Dagblad (newspaper) is positive saying "Reunion Guns n' Roses succesfully makes it a memorable evening":

http://www.ad.nl/muziek/reunie-guns-n-roses-maakt-memorabele-avond-helemaal-waar~a283799c/

Telegraaf (newspaper) says "Guns n' Roses almost as it used to be": 

http://www.telegraaf.nl/filmenuitgaan/28628987/__Guns_N__Roses_bijna_als_vanouds__.html 

De Gelderlander (local newspaper) says "Guns n' Roses with a bang and fireworks in Goffertpark":

http://www.gelderlander.nl/nijmegen-e-o/guns-n-roses-speelt-knockin-on-heavens-door-voor-65-000-fans~aaa90efe/

Radio 2 says "Guns n' Roses with Angus Young at Goffertpark and a huge load of classics":

http://www.gelderlander.nl/nijmegen-e-o/guns-n-roses-speelt-knockin-on-heavens-door-voor-65-000-fans~aaa90efe/

nu (news website) just gathers other reviews: 

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4839549/recensieoverzicht-guns-n-roses-memorabel-maar-zonder-scherpte.html?redirect=1 

OOR (music magazine and famous sour grapes) is the most negative and says "Guns n' Roses saved by Angus Young": 

https://oor.nl/concerten/guns-n-roses-gered-angus-young/ 

• Like 1

Just now, Robert39 said:

Die gast van oor heeft zeker geen gratis kaartje gehad, wat een zuurpruim!!!!!!

Ik heb al jaren een theorie dat mensen van OOR vroeger heel erg zijn gepest en dat de pestkoppen jeukpoeder in hun anus hebben gestopt waar ze nog steeds last van hebben. Maar goed, dat is slechts mijn theorie. 

• Like 3

Epic show. We entered the GC at 15:45 when there was still loads of space available. Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown was a nice surprise. They were into it, enjoying themselves and so did the crowd (as far as I could see). They thanked Guns N' Roses extensively for the opportunity to open for them. The sound for both Tyler Bryant and Biffy Clyro was crap btw. Biffy Clyro was ok, not special but not boring. Finally at 19:40 the Looney Tunes intro and the equalizer kicked in. The crowd in the GC was timid but into it. It took up until the encores for a moshpit to start. It's been said before and now I confirmed it for myself, the audio on crowd shot video's from live shows doesn't do justice for Axl's voice. Sure I miss the rasp too but what a voice. Undoubtably the best frontman touring in 2017. I'm not sure if someone noticed but Axl couldn't make the high pitched screams at the end of November Rain ('everybody needs somebody...'). Melissa seems to cover this for him, but it could also be a tape. Overall the band played super tight. Duff was into it, grinning at the crowd. Slash was awesome, hell the whole fucking show was epic. Almost 3,5 hours of your favourite band leaves a smile on my face that will remain there for quite some time!

Snippet of YCBM

Snippet of Coma

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Awesome pix. Especially ^^ this one, 2bad about that shiny bass drum though. I love the sunlight on all those pix.

Thanks! :) 

I'll upload the whole batch to Google Drive in high quality when I get home. Can't do it from work. 

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Seems like a great show and set! :headbang: I hope they come back to NZ next year and do a long set like this!

P.S. @Asia I can appreciate wanting less covers but it's another thing entirely to be a completely disrespectful cunt towards Angus(who's one of the only good things about Australia, no less. :lol:) Seriously, you went full retard.

Why would I cherish Angus when I honestly don't see anything of great quality in what he's done? AC/DC music to me is no more than good quality generic metal that produced a shitload of songs hardly different from one another, some of Angus's riffs may be cool but AC/DC style cool riffs is not what makes a great guitarist or legendary musician, at least not in my opinion, also the guy over 60 jumping in his schoolboy uniform is utterly ridiculous to me (although I have to say it was equally ridiculous when he was young, never saw anything cool or funny in it), the way he got rid of a singer (that devoted how many? 25 years or so, I don't follow AC/DC so I don't know) to this band without a blink of an eye doesn't make him look like a person with any integrity at all, all in all I don't see any reason why I am obliged to respect him. Some of you like him, fine, enjoy. But to get so hysterical as a few members here, just becasue somebody says something bad about Angus is really much of an exaggeration. What I thought was a GNR message board sometimes looks more like Angus's church.

Also regardless of who Angus is or isn't, the only guests I would be glad to see on a GNR show nowadays would be Izzy or Steven. I would probably be a little more willing to accept other guests if those were different people every time, there are plenty of great musicians they had something to do with over all those years. But that same guy all the time playing the same AC/DC songs, well... Not really. During UYI tour the guests were always different at least. They had Ron Wood, they had Brian May, they had Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz and many more. If they brought, say, Brian May on stage every two or three shows of the entire UYI tour it would be ridiculous as well.