07/12/17 - Nijmegen, NL - Goffertpark

alfierose

4 hours ago, Drifter1158 said:

Maybe more songs but shorter length, see tweet from Slash himself

No, the Tokyo show was 3:37 in length....Slash wasn't involved in that show, so maybe he is talking shows he's been involved in.   Or he's wrong.  Irregardless Tokyo show ran longer and there is IEM audio of Axl knowingly trying to break the record at that show.

Edited by tsinindy

48 minutes ago, Asia said:

25 years or so, I don't follow AC/DC so I don't know) to this band without a blink of an eye doesn't make him look like a person with any integrity at all, all in all I don't see any reason why I am obliged to respect him. 

A GnR fan criticising another artist's morals?!  Funny.  As if our guys are saints.

+there is a huge difference between trashing something the way you did and simply stating that it is not your cup of tea. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No, the Tokyo show was 3:37 in length....Slash wasn't involved in that show, so maybe he is talking shows he's been involved in.   Or he's wrong.  Irregardless Tokyo show ran longer and there is IEM audio of Axl knowingly trying to break the record at that show.

Half of the show was solo spots :)

• Like 2

Acdc is no more metal than GNR.

On the other hand, the word 'generic' describes their music perfectly. Apart from a few songs that stand out,

their catalogue consists of indifferent boring songs with even more indifferent, can't-get-more-generic-than-this solos and riffs imo.

I don't have anything against Angus and it's nice to have him as a guest on a show or two, but at least they could have played something better than this riff raff BS.

16 hours ago, Asia said:

This is a GNR show and that's what we pay for and expect to get. No AC/DC. No Angus or any other idiot almost every second show. If you can't stop drooling at the site of Angus Young, go masturbate in the bathroom, choose an AC/DC show next time and enjoy your orgasms - they should come easier there, you'll have him bare-legged.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Some impressions of this beautiful day last night. I'm still exhausted but happy with all these memories. Forgot to mention lio's friend @MB. whom i also met last night, who is a very sweet and humble person aswell as her other friend who is probably stalking axl right now. Cheers

img_20170712_210619464.jpg

img_20170712_210644941_top.jpg

ndsbDpB.jpg

xyS266B.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

On the other hand, the word 'generic' describes their music perfectly. Apart from a few songs that stand out,

their catalogue consists of indifferent boring songs with even more indifferent, can't-get-more-generic-than-this solos and riffs imo.

I don't have anything against Angus and it's nice to have him as a guest on a show or two, but at least they could have played something better than this riff raff BS.

Absolute bollocks on all accounts. Riff Raff for instance is absolute ripsnorter of a song.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Some impressions of this beautiful day last night. I'm still exhausted but happy with all these memories. Forgot to mention lio's friend @MB. whom i also met last night, who is a very sweet and humble person aswell as her other friend who is probably stalking axl right now. Cheers

img_20170712_161851969_hdr1.jpg

img_20170712_1618558571.jpg

img_20170712_1949356301.jpgimg_20170712_1957260491.jpg

img_20170712_200548289_top1.jpg

img_20170712_2005505921.jpg

img_20170712_2006332941.jpg

img_20170712_2028186521.jpg

img_20170712_202403826_top.jpg

img_20170712_204755222.jpg

img_20170712_205426516_top.jpg

img_20170712_210619464.jpg

img_20170712_210644941_top.jpg

img_20170712_211528671_hdr.jpg

img_20170712_220732440.jpg

img_20170712_225725344.jpg

img_20170712_230318242.jpg

img_20170712_230511622.jpg

img_20170712_230519483_hdr.jpg

Great skill for shot pics, happy for you ☺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

peteskete-1346050394.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Generic? They have fuckin helped creating the fuckin genre, if werent for 'em Guns N Fuckin Roses wouldnt be around. 

Generic my fuckin ass. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

Generic? They have fuckin helped creating the fuckin genre, if werent for 'em Guns N Fuckin Roses wouldnt be around. 

Generic my fuckin ass. 

I gotta disagree with this a bit (surprise!).  While I agree Guns may not exist if there was no AC/DC.  They didn't create any genre.  Rock n roll, specifically hard rock was alive and thriving long before them.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Absolute bollocks on all accounts. Riff Raff for instance is absolute ripsnorter of a song.

I don't think so... It's pretty forgettable. As the 90% of their songs.

Of course they would never do a song like Hells Bells in a GNR show, but they could play at least You shook me for example.

It would have been a far better choice.

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

Generic my fuckin ass. 

So what? Most of their songs sound the same. GNR has a very small catalogue compared to ACDC, but it's much more versatile.

ACDC was only good for creating "high energy rock n' roll" songs. Ok, but nothing more than this. Where is a song like Patience for example?

• Like 1

Looks like Axl is still serious with AC/DC, and there is really a new album coming. I said it in another thread, but I say it again: the album will be "Bon Scott meets Appetite/Lies"-style. And that album will fucking kick ass. Just pure rock and roll, nothing too experimental.. Axl will be in full rasp and probably  write lyrics. That´s why he sings "clean" now - he saves his voice for that album, maybe for the tour too. As an old school  Guns fan, I wait that very much. Pure rock n roll with great singer. Album will hit to the top.

I understand Axl, he loved AC/DC for his whole life and now it´s time to do album with them. Good luck, Axl! I trust you! And don't worry Mickey: that´s not gonna happen with AC/DC. Not in album, not in tour.

Sorry off topic.

Edited by Loot Man
  • Like 2