Axl's Loyalty to People to his artistic detriment

double talkin jive mfkr

gonna list em from the history of Axl truly knowing nothing else but loyalty - an admirable trait but for die hard gnr fans not really satisfying : 

1. Frank

2. Dizzy Reed 

3. Dj Ashba

4. Bumblefoot 

5. Goldstein 

6. Paul Huge 

7. Bubbles 

8. Melissa Reese 

9. TB 

10. Del James 

People close to Axl when he was at his artistic best form 

1. Izzy 

2. Adler 

3. Sorum 

4. Gilby 

5. Teddy Zig Zag 

i was kinda digging this thread until you listed gilby and zig zag

you gotta be kidding, right? axl was barely recognizable (and looking very miserable) by the time gilby and teddy zap zap joined guns n remains

if you didnt notice how miserable axl looked all the way through 1992 (he sort of recovered a bit in 1993) is likely because you didnt know GNR before 1992 and you were likely introduced to the band via the paris and japan shows.

back to subject, the majority of the 10 people from the first list seem to be essentially yes-people

"enablers" of axl non-sense

oh, and you probably need to add that richard guitar player dude on the first list, he belongs right there

the fact that axl sticks to this richard dude and to his frank drummer and to his two keyboarders turned the most antecipated reunion ever into a fucking guns n aliens joke

I believe Axl read Dizzy interview on LA Weekly which he said

“Axl’s the one that presented me with this gig," he adds. "It was his idea. He gave me this opportunity. He could fire me tomorrow. I try and give him my best, my all, all the time.”

Because Axl on SA tour almost always comes to Dizzy spot during the usual Estranged "On the Piano.." moment and sort of hug him.

I honestly believe Axl hired all these people cause he genuinely liked their playing style. Even Ashba said Axl requested he records Ballad Of Death. DJ said he didn't know for what purpose Axl wanted it or something like that.

After he hires them, he stays loyal, he won't fire them as long as they behave and do their job.

I think Axl makes the distinction between a touring line up and now, to what he'll do in the future with material he has in the vault.

He doesn't seem to force it, so while he added Bumble for 30 tunes and released 14 of those, if they don't inspire him to use their fresh ideas, he just won't use it, cause quality dictates and it has to be at least as good as the vault material maybe.

Axl also said the players on Chinese were right for the studio, and the bumble line up was right for now, or something close to that.

I think the current line up is here to stay. This is probably gonna be it. Current band members could be the people that support Axl musically in the last decade of Guns that counts. Time is running out while they're making money.

Axl said Fortus is like Izzy on steroids. I think he values his talent and loyalty. Everyone in the line up is exactly what Axl wanted, with maybe the only failure with Izzy, cause my guess is Axl wanted to use Izzy sometimes, when he wants to play live and when he wants to help out in the studio, but I don't actually think Axl ever planned to fire Richard. And I don't think he wants Steven to be there at all.

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i was kinda digging this thread until you listed gilby and zig zag

you gotta be kidding, right? axl was barely recognizable (and looking very miserable) by the time gilby and teddy zap zap joined guns n remains

if you didnt notice how miserable axl looked all the way through 1992 (he sort of recovered a bit in 1993) is likely because you didnt know GNR before 1992 and you were likely introduced to the band via the paris and japan shows.

back to subject, the majority of the 10 people from the first list seem to be essentially yes-people

"enablers" of axl non-sense

oh, and you probably need to add that richard guitar player dude on the first list, he belongs right there

the fact that axl sticks to this richard dude and to his frank drummer and to his two keyboarders turned the most antecipated reunion ever into a fucking guns n aliens joke

some of it is tongue and cheek 

ie. gibly and zig zag 

18 hours ago, Rovim said:

I honestly believe Axl hired all these people cause he genuinely liked their playing style. Even Ashba said Axl requested he records Ballad Of Death. DJ said he didn't know for what purpose Axl wanted it or something like that.

After he hires them, he stays loyal, he won't fire them as long as they behave and do their job.

I think Axl makes the distinction between a touring line up and now, to what he'll do in the future with material he has in the vault.

He doesn't seem to force it, so while he added Bumble for 30 tunes and released 14 of those, if they don't inspire him to use their fresh ideas, he just won't use it, cause quality dictates and it has to be at least as good as the vault material maybe.

Axl also said the players on Chinese were right for the studio, and the bumble line up was right for now, or something close to that.

I think the current line up is here to stay. This is probably gonna be it. Current band members could be the people that support Axl musically in the last decade of Guns that counts. Time is running out while they're making money.

Axl said Fortus is like Izzy on steroids. I think he values his talent and loyalty. Everyone in the line up is exactly what Axl wanted, with maybe the only failure with Izzy, cause my guess is Axl wanted to use Izzy sometimes, when he wants to play live and when he wants to help out in the studio, but I don't actually think Axl ever planned to fire Richard. And I don't think he wants Steven to be there at all.

I think its obvious that Axl likes the playing style of the aliens. It would be insane for anyone (including axl) to hire someone otherwise! Like "Hey, i have hired this guy because i hate his playing abilities!"

What all the axl hirings tel you, and thats just so fucking obvious that you can tell that by listening to five minutes of any axl solo-era music, is that axl, the best singer ever, the best frontman ever, is really terrible at choosing players. His players cant write decent songs AND to make matters worse they play the best rock songs ever written in a horrible way.

Axl managed to choose people to play in his version of Guns n Roses that had nothing to do musically with GNR. He chose people that are so alien to GNR that even playing with Slash and Duff they manage to make a mess out of the music, and what you get as a result is a fucking joke.

Listen to Sweet Child o Mine from Troubadour 2016 and right there is all that you need to about why that richard dude is 100% unfit for GNR. He cant even play right a fucking three-chord classic BECAUSE HE STRUMS ALL FUCKING WRONG! You add frank the drummer to that mess and there you have it, its a fucking joke.

Your sentence "After he hires them, he stays loyal, he won't fire them as long as they behave and do their job" tells everything you need to know about guns n aliens. Its axl show, these people are nothing but yes-men employees that need to behave (wow! thats so fucking rock n roll!) to keep their jobs!

what a pathetic situation for a band that once rebelled against authority in such an inspiring way!

about "quality"? seriously? after axl released that solo album?

and about the Fortus being Izzy on steroids?

thats a joke, right?

because izzy on steroids would have written 50 rocking albums in 14 years and izzy on steroids would never put up with this "behave and keep your job" bullshit

On 12/7/2016 at 6:23 PM, ludurigan said:

I think its obvious that Axl likes the playing style of the aliens. It would be insane for anyone (including axl) to hire someone otherwise! Like "Hey, i have hired this guy because i hate his playing abilities!"

What all the axl hirings tel you, and thats just so fucking obvious that you can tell that by listening to five minutes of any axl solo-era music, is that axl, the best singer ever, the best frontman ever, is really terrible at choosing players. His players cant write decent songs AND to make matters worse they play the best rock songs ever written in a horrible way.

Axl managed to choose people to play in his version of Guns n Roses that had nothing to do musically with GNR. He chose people that are so alien to GNR that even playing with Slash and Duff they manage to make a mess out of the music, and what you get as a result is a fucking joke.

Listen to Sweet Child o Mine from Troubadour 2016 and right there is all that you need to about why that richard dude is 100% unfit for GNR. He cant even play right a fucking three-chord classic BECAUSE HE STRUMS ALL FUCKING WRONG! You add frank the drummer to that mess and there you have it, its a fucking joke.

Your sentence "After he hires them, he stays loyal, he won't fire them as long as they behave and do their job" tells everything you need to know about guns n aliens. Its axl show, these people are nothing but yes-men employees that need to behave (wow! thats so fucking rock n roll!) to keep their jobs!

what a pathetic situation for a band that once rebelled against authority in such an inspiring way!

about "quality"? seriously? after axl released that solo album?

and about the Fortus being Izzy on steroids?

thats a joke, right?

because izzy on steroids would have written 50 rocking albums in 14 years and izzy on steroids would never put up with this "behave and keep your job" bullshit

pretty much agree with everything u said 

i really hope by BC PLACE it's the original 5 

+ them writing music 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr