07/27/17 - St Louis, MO - The Dome

I've seen a few stories / documentaries on it and it sounds like the security was pretty lax the whole night, and that apparently Izzy was hit with a bottle a couple times and didn't say anything because he knew Axl would freak out.  I think Axl knows he screwed up and as he's gotten older and hopefully wiser, knows that the thousands of fans in STL had absolutely nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, StLThrash said:

You should be good to go.  Keep in mind that they smoke all their meat there... so when it's done, it's done.  They don't run out of everything at once.  For example, maybe the brisket will run out at 2, maybe the ribs at 4, etc....   So you should have some good food regardless.  The BBQ is amazing and the sides are too.  Very close to the dome.

http://www.sugarfiresmokehouse.com/

31 minutes ago, SantosLHalper said:

Was just thinking for those of us getting to the dome before doors open.

Oh I got it sorry.  Speaking of domes- my wife and I are going to the Mpls show and she was worrying about the forecast etc...as she had no idea the Mpls show is in a stadium, with a roof (and we live 20 minutes from it)!   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, olga said:

I'll be at the meetup tomorrow and of course at the show on Thursday. Can't wait!

What has been decided for the pre-show?  I'm going to try to make it.  

Have they released the schedule yet?  Is Dr. Zhivegas the first opener?  Will there be a local act before Deftones even?  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StLThrash said:

....., knows that the thousands of fans in STL had absolutely nothing to do with it.

:lol:

You're joking right?  Sarcasm I hope...lol.

Anyway, how is the local media, authorities, etc reacting to Guns N' Roses coming to town?

Edited by Kasanova King

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

:lol:

You're joking right?  Sarcasm I hope...lol.

Anyway, how is the local media, authorities, etc reacting to Guns N' Roses coming to town?

I'm not joking.  I'm talking about the thousands of GnR fans that weren't there and weren't rioting.  The city of STL and fans here had absolutely nothing to do with it.  A few hundred drunk idiots at the concert doesn't mean everyone rioted.  

To answer your question - not a lot has been said, but maybe tomorrow it will be more 'news worthy'.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Melissa posted on insta that flight to St Louis had a strong turbulent,
Its just beginning LOL

Hope not ?

14 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Melissa posted on insta that flight to St Louis had a strong turbulent,
Its just beginning LOL

Hope not ?

iirc, doors open to public @ 5:30 & Deftones supposed to take the stage at 6:25 so not sure if time for another opening act.  Zhivegas always a good time though.

I was at Riverport w/ my then GF & I didn't riot.  I did get part of a seat & some canvas tarp some dude cut up right next to where I was standing though!  Still remember seeing a bonfire on the lawn before the riot & dudes trying to rip up some tree's that had just been planted.  We took off when I noticed the police helicopter.  Quite an experience.  IMO, nothing Axl did made those people tear shit up. 

1 minute ago, telly said:

iirc, doors open to public @ 5:30 & Deftones supposed to take the stage at 6:25 so not sure if time for another opening act.  Zhivegas always a good time though.

I was at Riverport w/ my then GF & I didn't riot.  I did get part of a seat & some canvas tarp some dude cut up right next to where I was standing though!  Still remember seeing a bonfire on the lawn before the riot & dudes trying to rip up some tree's that had just been planted.  We took off when I noticed the police helicopter.  Quite an experience.  IMO, nothing Axl did made those people tear shit up. 

Did you see GnR open for Aerosmith a long time ago here in STL??  I think that was their first time here.  They blew Aerosmith away.

1 minute ago, StLThrash said:

Did you see GnR open for Aerosmith a long time ago here in STL??  I think that was their first time here.  They blew Aerosmith away.

Yes, I did & I agree!  I was fortunate enough to see both STL GNR shows & will be there tomorrow.

5 hours ago, StLThrash said:

Where is the meetup?  Any idea on if they are going to be putting merchandise on sale earlier than the show??

4 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

What has been decided for the pre-show?  I'm going to try to make it.  

The fan meetup is tonight at Hair of the Dog, which is at 1212 Washington Ave. in STL. It starts at 7 pm, but I read that the bar is open til 3 am, so I imagine the party will be going strong for a pretty decent amount of time. :P I don't believe there are any "official" plans for a pre-show gathering tomorrow, but it sounds like there are lots of bars near the venue. I'm sure those will be full of fellow fans doing some celebrating. 

As far as merch goes, I do think that some stands usually open outside the venue prior to doors. I'm not sure what time the merch stands usually open, but maybe someone else can answer that better than I can. 

5 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

wow my hotel just called me a hour before i leave to inform me my hotel is out of power and won't be able to stay 

That totally sucks. Have you checked out America's Best Value Inn on 3rd St.? It's super close to the Dome, and has by far been the cheapest place that close to the venue available these past couple of months. Doesn't seem like the nicest of places, but if you're just looking for a place to have as your home base, I'd say check it out. I was originally planning to stay there, but ended up scoring a nearby Airbnb earlier this month.

Edited by olga
Fixed address