08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

Anyone been to a concert setup here? Do you know if the seats highlighted are flat on the ground or elevated like the regular stands? Anyone reckon there will there be an issue to see the stage ? The stand section right behind are same price, but I'm thinking will be better viewing? Any help will be appreciated.

th_051257649_Capture_122_420lo.JPG 

thanks

Edited by rio118

13 hours ago, rio118 said:

Anyone been to a concert setup here? Do you know if the seats highlighted are flat on the ground or elevated like the regular stands? Anyone reckon there will there be an issue to see the stage ? The stand section right behind are same price, but I'm thinking will be better viewing? Any help will be appreciated.

th_051257649_Capture_122_420lo.JPG 

thanks

The highlighted area is flat ground.  As far as the view, it will depend how tall you are and how tall the people right in front of you for a row or 2 are.  If you are on the aisle, especially with the aisle toward the center of the stage side of you, it gives you a clear view.  I'm saying this from sitting on the floor at other venues, not this particular one but it should be similar.

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

The highlighted area is flat ground.  As far as the view, it will depend how tall you are and how tall the people right in front of you for a row or 2 are.  If you are on the aisle, especially with the aisle toward the center of the stage side of you, it gives you a clear view.  I'm saying this from sitting on the floor at other venues, not this particular one but it should be similar.

Thanks! As luck would have it, I got 4 tix starting from the inside aisle!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Gnrcane said:

Looks like they reduced prices except for the floor seats.  The upper deck was drastically reduced to $35.

There is still an insane amount of unsold seats for this show, and the opening act didn't help sell tickets.

I expect those upper deck seats to be selling for $20 within a month, if not on Ticketmaster then on the secondary market.

18 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

There is still an insane amount of unsold seats for this show, and the opening act didn't help sell tickets.

I expect those upper deck seats to be selling for $20 within a month, if not on Ticketmaster then on the secondary market.

Last time I wasted time running numbers I estimated around 24k sold. Capacity is around 36k so while there are a lot unsold, they have sold around 2/3 of the capacity.

I'm not sure what they were smoking when they picked the opener. In Miami they would have been better off with Hansel y Raul.

25 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I don't know Who he is!!

Apparently he is a country artist.  I never heard of him either.  Since I have pit tickets, I will have to listen to his set if I want a good spot in the pit.  I have no clue why they would choose him as the opening act when the venue is in the middle of one of the most Hispanic areas of the country.

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Apparently he is a country artist.  I never heard of him either.  Since I have pit tickets, I will have to listen to his set if I want a good spot in the pit.  I have no clue why they would choose him as the opening act when the venue is in the middle of one of the most Hispanic areas of the country.

I can kinda understand going with him as an opener for Colorado and Arkansas ... but Miami?

It's like management figured "Florida is far south, so all Floridians must like country music." 

Ummm ... no.

Probably 70% of Floridians have Northern roots, or roots in other countries.

I got AIC and The Cult as GNR openers the past couples shows I attended, no complaints about them.  But this Simpson guy?  What a major letdown.

The thing I don't get is why a hard rock band would have a mellow country singer as the opener.  Fans of GNR, for the most part, are not country music fans.  An opener for a rock band is supposed to get the fans primed and pumped for the main event.  I can't see that happening in Miami, not with that crowd.

Deftones
Live
Royal Blood
Our Lady Peace
ZZ Top

Lenny Kravitz
AIC
The Cult
Sebastian Bach
Tyler Bryant
Wolfmother
Billy Talent

The Struts

They all make sense.

My favorite of all the GNR openers I've seen in recent years, The Pretty Reckless ... great performance, perfect match.

Here's a sample of what a Simpson hit song is like, try to stay awake!

Maybe they figured it will be hard for people to get to Marlins Park in rush hour for a 7pm start so they won't be disappointed if they miss the opening act!

Unfortunately, with pit tickets I'll have to try and listen to him unless I want to come late and be in the back of the pit.

Yeah I'm leaving West Palm around 4PM that day, dreading that drive to Marlins Park.  Scheduling on a Tuesday definitely didn't help ticket sales, it was so much better in Orlando because it was a Friday.  Ah well, che sarà.

I've got one pit ticket on Slash's side, and a lower level pair behind home plate.  Not sure if I will go alone and use the pit ticket, or take a girl and use the pair. 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, The Linguini Occurrence said:

Yeah I'm leaving West Palm around 4PM that day, dreading that drive to Marlins Park.  Scheduling on a Tuesday definitely didn't help ticket sales, it was so much better in Orlando because it was a Friday.  Ah well, che sarà.

I've got one pit ticket on Slash's side, and a lower level pair behind home plate.  Not sure if I will go alone and use the pit ticket, or take a girl and use the pair. 

I've got 2 pit tickets on Slash's side.  I recommend taking the turnpike and then the I-95 express lanes down and it shouldn't be too horrible.  Just be prepared for getting from the left to the right very quickly when the express lanes end and you need to get to 836.

18 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I've got 2 pit tickets on Slash's side.  I recommend taking the turnpike and then the I-95 express lanes down and it shouldn't be too horrible.  Just be prepared for getting from the left to the right very quickly when the express lanes end and you need to get to 836.

Thanks, looking forward to it.  Never been to a concert in a baseball park before.

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

will it be possible to get in with a small backpack? 35x20 (more or less..)

According to the stadium bag policy, the maximum allowed dimensions are 16"x16"x8" so that would be too big.  I don't know if there will be further restrictions for a concert.  Here is a link to the policy Marlins Park Bag Policy.