08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

last question..

better seats in section 2 or section 11? 

Tough call.  Section 2 is probably 100 ft (30 meters) closer to the center of the stage.  Section 11 gives a more straight on, centered view.  It comes down to your preference if you'd rather be closer or centered.  The seats in section 2 are also angled away from the stage.   Section 11 isn't angled towards the stage either but there will be less of a neck twist if you are seated.

My biggest advise is no matter what seats you choose, don't arrive at the last minute.  The traffic getting to the area of the stadium can be VERY heavy in the early evening on a week night.  Once you get near the stadium, it can clog up and take a while to get to your parking space or drop off point (if taking a Taxi or Uber).  Especially coming from the east side, there is a draw bridge that can really back things up.  Leaving from the stadium isn't bad but getting to it on a week night can be.

Feel free to ask any other questions that come up.  I've been to Marlins Park several times but I also attended at least 70 football games at the same site when the Orange Bowl Stadium was there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Is Marlin Park as big as dodger stadium?

Dodger Stadium has a much higher capacity (19,000 more) for baseball.  Not sure how that translates to concert capacity.  In the lower level, the seats start slightly closer to the stage because Marlins Park has less space between the baseball field and the front row.  However, the lower deck at Marlins Park does keep going back farther.  Dodger Stadium has a bigger upper level and has an extra level behind home plate for baseball.

2 hours ago, SEANAXL21 said:

What happened to the Miami show? it's not showing up on the official GNR website? it's freaking me out! Sorry on the events page when you google it

It's still on the tour page and you can buy tickets on ticketmaster (which I'm still a little surprised that so many are still available at face value) right now.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 0:26 PM, Gnrcane said:

Tough call.  Section 2 is probably 100 ft (30 meters) closer to the center of the stage.  Section 11 gives a more straight on, centered view.  It comes down to your preference if you'd rather be closer or centered.  The seats in section 2 are also angled away from the stage.   Section 11 isn't angled towards the stage either but there will be less of a neck twist if you are seated.

My biggest advise is no matter what seats you choose, don't arrive at the last minute.  The traffic getting to the area of the stadium can be VERY heavy in the early evening on a week night.  Once you get near the stadium, it can clog up and take a while to get to your parking space or drop off point (if taking a Taxi or Uber).  Especially coming from the east side, there is a draw bridge that can really back things up.  Leaving from the stadium isn't bad but getting to it on a week night can be.

Feel free to ask any other questions that come up.  I've been to Marlins Park several times but I also attended at least 70 football games at the same site when the Orange Bowl Stadium was there.

hey man is section 23-27 or section 1-6 any good also which section would be a side view i'm looking for a full view thanks man!?????

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, SEANAXL21 said:

hey man is section 23-27 or section 1-6 any good also which section would be a side view i'm looking for a full view thanks man!?????

I would say section 1 is the section out of those with the most possibility of too much of a side view.  Obviously none of them are in the center but you are moving far enough from the stage where the angle should be pretty good to get a good view of everything.  In a seated position, section 1-4 and 25-27 as well as the closer to the stage half of section 5 and 24, the seats are angled away from the stage (since they are set up to watch a baseball game happening at the other end of the stadium).  If you plan to be seated, I'd go for Section 6 or 23 out of those BUT those will be farther from the stage.  The equivalent row probably gets 5-10 feet further away each section towards "home plate."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I would say section 1 is the section out of those with the most possibility of too much of a side view.  Obviously none of them are in the center but you are moving far enough from the stage where the angle should be pretty good to get a good view of everything.  In a seated position, section 1-4 and 25-27 as well as the closer to the stage half of section 5 and 24, the seats are angled away from the stage (since they are set up to watch a baseball game happening at the other end of the stadium).  If you plan to be seated, I'd go for Section 6 or 23 out of those BUT those will be farther from the stage.  The equivalent row probably gets 5-10 feet further away each section towards "home plate."

Thanks man appreciate it!?????

2 minutes ago, GNR3177 said:

Does Slash generally stay on Pit 1 side of stage? Or is he all over the place? Can anyone confirm? Much appreciated

From the Orlando show I attended last summer, he moved around the stage quite a bit. He was on "his" side more than any other 1 spot but it's not like he is chained there. Duff stays on the other side more due to singing backing vocals and having his mic over there.

I didn't get an email but just noticed on ticketmaster that they changed the show time to 6PM from 7PM.  No idea why.  I guess either they think earlier is better for Tuesday night ticket sales or they are preparing for a longer set list.  Anybody know anything?

So, if the show starts at 6pm, at what time should I go to the stadium to get a good "space" (I'm going to PIT 2)

(Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm from Argentina and I don't know how early the American people go to the shows)

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Cachumba said:

So, if the show starts at 6pm, at what time should I go to the stadium to get a good "space" (I'm going to PIT 2)

(Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm from Argentina and I don't know how early the American people go to the shows)

Thank you!

These pits a much smaller than Europe and American fans aren't that hardcore for GNR. You will get a good space whatever time you want to go in

They just bumped the start time of this from 7 pm to 6 pm.  Looks like we are in for a longer set. :):)

I'll be in the pit, Slash side. ;)

See y'all there...if anyone wants to meet up before or after the show,, pm me we can exchange what's app details. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I haven't decided on a time yet, but I know I'll be there before noon. See you guys there!

I'm hoping the line is on the north side of the stadium so there will be some shade!!!  Otherwise we might see each other getting heat stroke!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I'm hoping the line is on the north side of the stadium so there will be some shade!!!  Otherwise we might see each other getting heat stroke!

Be sure to bring some water! I'm going to try to bring a case or two to try to space out throughout the day and hand out to some people.

On 7/6/2017 at 0:26 PM, Gnrcane said:

So right about the traffic.  I went to Marlins Park last Sunday and Tuesday for the All-Star Game, even getting to Miami by 4:00 PM and still it took forever to drive the short distance from I-95 to the parking garage.  Sure enough, I got stuck at that drawbridge.  This is why so many people refuse to see the Marlins, horrible location to reach and very limited parking.  

Is there some kind of noise ordinance for weeknights?  I'm wondering if that's the reason for the earlier start time.  Or maybe they've got a second opener? 

57 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

So right about the traffic.  I went to Marlins Park last Sunday and Tuesday for the All-Star Game, even getting to Miami by 4:00 PM and still it took forever to drive the short distance from I-95 to the parking garage.  Sure enough, I got stuck at that drawbridge.  This is why so many people refuse to see the Marlins, horrible location to reach and very limited parking.  

Is there some kind of noise ordinance for weeknights?  I'm wondering if that's the reason for the earlier start time.  Or maybe they've got a second opener? 

I can't find any indication of a noise ordinance or curfew in the City of Miami. Plus, I would assume the roof will be closed which should eliminate noise concerns.

As far as traffic/parking, back when UM played in the Orange Bowl, the easiest location to park was the lot under 836 by the courthouse. There is parking available there for Marlins Park events.

It's right across from the 12th Ave exit off 836 so you don't have to drive over the draw bridge. It's a pretty short walk to the stadium. You might have to wait to cross the bridge on foot but pedestrian traffic doesn't back up like cars. Once it closes, everyone just walks across.