08/13/17 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Estranged Reality

I had a GREAT time in hershey. Though the concession lines were kinda tough, I made friends there every time. The show was great and I thought the crowd around me was cool too. I was in section 5 row F.

anyone remember seeing someone give a free ticket to the guy playing the bagpipes outside? That was me haha. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, inthejungle1 said:

It's funny. My 10yo daughter just asked me last night what my favorite GNR song is. I had to think for a minute then told her Estranged. She asked why and all I could say was I don't know, I just like the way it makes me feel!

That Is Interesting and proves how powerful the song Is. It can make some people feel good, the way It does In your situation or the song can do the exact opposite and actually make you feel depressed. I guess It depends on what type of situation you are going through.

22 hours ago, chevelle said:

I think I've accepted it because I stopped expecting the CD line up to ever do...anything, really. I had such high hopes for them to release more music and go in different sonic directions and it just never came to be for a number of reasons. And at 55, I don't think I can expect Axl to suddenly have that fire lit under him again, either. They were basically a nostalgia band by the time they were doing the Vegas residencies anyway, so they might as well have a couple of original members with em if that's the route they're gonna go. It's a shame Axl couldn't do more with the CD line up, but it is what it is, haha.

Same as this. I never really cared all that much about a reunion until it was clear that Axl was gonna do nothing with Bumble and co. at which point there was no real point in not having the old band back together. 

I was just listening to the Axl interviews from 2006 on KROQ, they talk about how it's crazy that despite the long absences from activity fans still are crazy about the band, Axl basically said he thinks that fans basically have hope, or that they assign hope in a belief that in some way Axl can live up to their hopes / expectations for the band and because of that they stay along for the ride even when it's bumpy. He seems fully aware that people want to hear his music, and that he has an audience of mental fans that will buy whatever he releases.

I can't explain why he doesn't concentrate his efforts on releasing the next GNR record, having said that I don't know what he does with the 21hrs of his day, it is entirely possible that negotiations are either on-going or finished for the release or recording of the next album. There are so, so many questions. I eagerly await the day that GNR put out a new record, but I stopped really expecting anything or being excited about a record in 2013, which in itself was an achievement on Axl and GnRs part considering how much I love this band.

It's coming on 10 years since Chinese dropped, I cannot understand why Axl let the guts of ten years go by without releasing his next record... surely he wanted to get another record out so that people would have said "It took 17 years, but he just released x amount of records in a relatively short time" ah well, no use in crying over spilt milk.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Same as this. I never really cared all that much about a reunion until it was clear that Axl was gonna do nothing with Bumble and co. at which point there was no real point in not having the old band back together. 

I was just listening to the Axl interviews from 2006 on KROQ, they talk about how it's crazy that despite the long absences from activity fans still are crazy about the band, Axl basically said he thinks that fans basically have hope, or that they assign hope in a belief that in some way Axl can live up to their hopes / expectations for the band and because of that they stay along for the ride even when it's bumpy. He seems fully aware that people want to hear his music, and that he has an audience of mental fans that will buy whatever he releases.

I can't explain why he doesn't concentrate his efforts on releasing the next GNR record, having said that I don't know what he does with the 21hrs of his day, it is entirely possible that negotiations are either on-going or finished for the release or recording of the next album. There are so, so many questions. I eagerly await the day that GNR put out a new record, but I stopped really expecting anything or being excited about a record in 2013, which in itself was an achievement on Axl and GnRs part considering how much I love this band.

It's coming on 10 years since Chinese dropped, I cannot understand why Axl let the guts of ten years go by without releasing his next record... surely he wanted to get another record out so that people would have said "It took 17 years, but he just released x amount of records in a relatively short time" ah well, no use in crying over spilt milk.

I feel like that was probably the plan initially, to drop another album shortly after CD, but I think it's underperformance/trouble with the label really broke Axl's spirit in that regard. The difference between the 2010 and 2011 tours were night and day...all the energy and passion was just sucked out of him and that was the point where the nuGNR fizzled out, and it's obvious that something happened in that timeframe. In another world, Axl really could've legitimized nuGNR simply by releasing music...even if not all of it had been great, having a body of work of more than just one cobbled together album would've spoken volumes, and kept all us crazy fans along for the ride. It's downright criminal that someone so talented essentially blew over 20 years of his prime and creativity with only 15 songs to show for it.