GA Pit the week before the shows

So just a little tip based on my personal experience, you can buy Pit tickets the week before the shows.

I know some folks are worried because they "sell out" fast but for their NA run many stadiums had GA Pit tix available 4-5 days before the show, but then disappeared a day or two before. The trick is to keep on checking every day at least 2-3 weeks before the show takes place.

I know GNR's tour did well, but they did not sell out any US tour date, there were plenty of tickets available for most shows, and not all the VIPs sell, so they eventually start releasing more good seats closer to the show.

This is nothing "official", just something I noticed.

• Like 3

Another thing to those worrying if they miss the official GA release - a week before the show, the prices for GA tickets on craigslist/stubhub usually fall to not much higher than the official price. Worst case scenario you pay 275, maybe 280 instead of the official 250.

My friend Minneapolis get super anxious and bought his tickets yesterday assuming he wouldn't get any. With the lessons I learned in 2016, I'll be buying my tickets about 5 days before Minneapolis or anything other show I go to in 2017. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 2:43 AM, jorgerr96 said:

The show at the Dodger Stadium on the 18th was "sold out" yet I bought Floor tickets the week before but then like 4 days before the show there were PIT 1 tickets. For the show on the 19th there were PIT 2 tickets too.

Yeah I bought the 18th show 2 month before, the 19th one month before and PIT for both shows B-)

30 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Upgraded to the Pit 2 days before the concert in Seattle. I heard someone on here say do whatever you can to make sure your in the pit. They were not wrong.

Upgrade? how do you update your ticket? 

I assume it's by bending over and giving them more $$$

On 12/6/2016 at 1:33 AM, jorgerr96 said:

So just a little tip based on my personal experience, you can buy Pit tickets the week before the shows.

I know some folks are worried because they "sell out" fast but for their NA run many stadiums had GA Pit tix available 4-5 days before the show, but then disappeared a day or two before. The trick is to keep on checking every day at least 2-3 weeks before the show takes place.

I know GNR's tour did well, but they did not sell out any US tour date, there were plenty of tickets available for most shows, and not all the VIPs sell, so they eventually start releasing more good seats closer to the show.

This is nothing "official", just something I noticed.

I bet there will be some of this, but GNR are more popular in America. Most bands find it difficult to tour America, so if Guns toured there and did relatively well, it says that in Europe things should be crazy! 

Don't think it'll sell out immediately, at least not in every country, but there will be certain dates that get snapped up straight away.

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Upgrade? how do you update your ticket? 

I assume it's by bending over and giving them more $$$

When i bought orginally there were no pit tickets avaiable, i was on the Floor quite a ways back, but i checked and seen 2 days before the concert they had released more Pit tickets same price as my floor tickets, so called ticketmaster and they upgraded them for free.

• Like 1

Just now, Wabby said:

When i bought orginally there were no pit tickets avaiable, i was on the Floor quite a ways back, but i checked and seen 2 days before the concert they had released more Pit tickets same price as my floor tickets, so called ticketmaster and they upgraded them for free.

Nice!

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My friend Minneapolis get super anxious and bought his tickets yesterday assuming he wouldn't get any. With the lessons I learned in 2016, I'll be buying my tickets about 5 days before Minneapolis or anything other show I go to in 2017. 

I have gotten outstanding tix the day of a show or days leading up.  The prob is that I'm ok doing that, it's the wife who wants tickets secured asap for piece of mind.  I lucked out and got my pit yesterday so all is good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Original said:

I have gotten outstanding tix the day of a show or days leading up.  The prob is that I'm ok doing that, it's the wife who wants tickets secured asap for piece of mind.  I lucked out and got my pit yesterday so all is good. 

Right on. I'm not discouraging anyone from buying tickets now, I'm just saying I'm good with waiting it all. More power and congrats to everyone who gets tickets whenever they can :) 

Do you guys think tickets will go down in weeks before the show, or remain the same, for Montreal? I've heard about some ticket prices dropping for stadium shows this summer.

To put things in perspective, capacity is around 40-45K and all tickets are GA (minus vip and pit) since it's in an open field. It's already getting a bad rap online with articles calling it the most expensive outdoor concert in Montreal history, with 163$ for the cheapest back-of-the-field ticket, and 340$ for pit. Was just gonna take the plunge and buy tickets at that price anyways but now reading this thread, I'm considering waiting! bad idea?

59 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

Do you guys think tickets will go down in weeks before the show, or remain the same, for Montreal? I've heard about some ticket prices dropping for stadium shows this summer.

To put things in perspective, capacity is around 40-45K and all tickets are GA (minus vip and pit) since it's in an open field. It's already getting a bad rap online with articles calling it the most expensive outdoor concert in Montreal history, with 163$ for the cheapest back-of-the-field ticket, and 340$ for pit. Was just gonna take the plunge and buy tickets at that price anyways but now reading this thread, I'm considering waiting! bad idea?

they'll only go DOWN in price if the show is a week away or less, they may even rise until then grr.. also say fuck it and spam fernando on instagram the day before and of the show, they've been really cool and given several upgrades per show

There is always tix DROPS like when U2 played Dublin tixs were going mega £££££ on 2nd sites then GA was dropping & The Boss in Croke 160,000 sold out in 2 hours then tixs on sale via TM for wks

Saying that we jus brought FOS from Viagogo £25 over FV for Paris

Edited by Gavin82

8 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

The only shows I was worried about were the Canadian shows and St. Louis due to the demand. Though probably still able to get tickets right before the shows, I still got my GA tickets for those - just in case.

I'll worry about my other shows later.

If I were going to try to get to St. Louis, I probably would have bought tickets by now as well. I can see that being a big deal very fast. As of now, it's looking like my only 2017 show will be Minneapolis and I feel very comfortable waiting til the week of the show to grab those.

• Like 1

they are always going to have the pits available because they are the money maker, and they are not concerned about the fans enjoyment, the 2nd Chicago show was insane with how they stuffed that place in, I got a pit for Minneapolis because the pit is the only way to see the Stadium shows, but I am expecting the same thing where it is packed in and you are not going to be able to move

14 minutes ago, k12 said:

they are always going to have the pits available because they are the money maker, and they are not concerned about the fans enjoyment, the 2nd Chicago show was insane with how they stuffed that place in, I got a pit for Minneapolis because the pit is the only way to see the Stadium shows, but I am expecting the same thing where it is packed in and you are not going to be able to move

Huh?   I've heard from several people that went specifically to Chicago night 2 that the pit was not crowded at all.

if you are up front on the rail, that's how it works.  But I've heard there's almost always room in the back of the pit and moving around in the back isn't a problem.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, k12 said:

I got a pit for Minneapolis because the pit is the only way to see the Stadium shows.  Amen.  Could not agree more. 

• Like 1

If the golden circle tickets are sold out on the nightrain pre-sale, will there be more available for the public sale? I couldn't get the tickets I wanted, and I'm not sure if I should go for viagogo (is it even safe?) or wait for official sale tomorrow...

34 minutes ago, Jeez said:

If the golden circle tickets are sold out on the nightrain pre-sale, will there be more available for the public sale? I couldn't get the tickets I wanted, and I'm not sure if I should go for viagogo (is it even safe?) or wait for official sale tomorrow...

Don't know what viagogo is...but im assuming it is a third party reseller.  Several general things.  First...wait until general on sale for sure.  Second?  What show?  How big is the gold circle compared to total capacity.  Generally third party tix are cheapest right at time of general on sale, then gradually increase in the short term, then gradually decline until day of show.  

59 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Huh?   I've heard from several people that went specifically to Chicago night 2 that the pit was not crowded at all.

if you are up front on the rail, that's how it works.  But I've heard there's almost always room in the back of the pit and moving around in the back isn't a problem.

It was criminal how empty the pit was in Toronto.

It did fill up eventually - but it was a pretty sedated crowd.

I even got yelled at for jumping during the songs - LOL

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Don't know what viagogo is...but im assuming it is a third party reseller.  Several general things.  First...wait until general on sale for sure.  Second?  What show?  How big is the gold circle compared to total capacity.  Generally third party tix are cheapest right at time of general on sale, then gradually increase in the short term, then gradually decline until day of show.  

Yes, it's a third party reseller. There's loads of tickets there already, mostly overpriced though.

I'm going to either the show in Sweden or Denmark, not sure about the capacity. I got nervous reading the forums so I signed up to Nightrain two nights ago to secure good seats during pre-sale, only to find out they're all unavailable.