08/19/17 - Montreal, QC - Parc Jean Drapeau

Estranged Reality

On 10/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, coolranchdressing! said:

oh thank you for the info...I may be taking the train to Montreal...a few Qs if you're able to help...if not, no worries!!...

1) what's the train staition name VIA rail?

2) I'm assuming the subway station is close to the rail system then?

3) do you know if the subway would be working once the show is over (like at midnight still)...do you know what the curfew is for the subway?

4) know of any cheap hotels/motels around there?...I'm searching but I gotta figure out the subway system I guess!

1) Gare Centrale (central station)

2) Yes

3) 1:30 am on Saturdays 

4) check the South Shore it's probably closer to the venue than being downtown and a third the price. If I'm not mistaken there's an OK hotel at the longueuil metro station (which is one stop away) 5-10 min drive from there you'd even find some sleezy motels if that's your cup a tea lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-02-24 at 6:27 AM, Hollywood Gunner said:

could the fact that they released more pit tickets just mean that they decided to make the pit bigger? its not sold out yet

It may be that they sold the right pit first and now are selling the left. I got 4 Right PIT tickets on presale, but 2 of my other friends who bought them recently are on the left side. It's weird because they don't tell you which side you're on until you complete the order.

On 25/02/2017 at 11:11 AM, izzyzz said:

It may be that they sold the right pit first and now are selling the left. I got 4 Right PIT tickets on presale, but 2 of my other friends who bought them recently are on the left side. It's weird because they don't tell you which side you're on until you complete the order.

yeah i noticed that. but its weird that the right side woulda sold out that much quicker than the left... plus if im not mistaken the vip platform is on the left so it would only make sense that ppl that have access to both the pit and platform would only have access to the left... unless they can go wherever they want, which would make sense too... im just hoping they didnt double the pit size, which means you get less bang for your buck

any pre-show bash plans yet?

• Like 1

I'm not surprised, we're in a bit of a quiet period in terms of ticket sales... You see the most hype when the shows are announced and tickets go on sale and then right before the show.

Haven't planned anything yet wrt Montreal trip, still lots of time to figure things out. :)

Edited by izzyzz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On April 1, 2017 at 3:55 PM, izzyzz said:

Looks like they're almost sold out of the PIT, just 1 ticket remaining... So I don't think they've increased the PIT size, just sold it in blocks (right then left sides). At least, that's my hope. :)

they put another block up for sale again...I grabbed a ticket for hubby now

On 2017-05-24 at 2:04 PM, coolranchdressing! said:

they put another block up for sale again...I grabbed a ticket for hubby now

Cool, the Right or the Left side? My friends are looking to pick up a pair and I hope we won't end up on the separate ends of it.

not sure why they would pick a band like our lady peace or billy talent. i get that its a canadian band but i dont consider either of those two bands as even really being the same genre as gnr. who has the final say on this shit? the promoter? when baz opened in 2010 well that made sense. this really doesnt... not going for the opening act so i couldnt give two shits if they just played talk radio before gnr's set but our lady peace certainly doesnt give me the urge to stand in line 5 hours for the rail... im actually starting to wonder if they pick shitty bands on purpose in certain cities so that the crowd isnt all riled up in case axl shows up late

12 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

not sure why they would pick a band like our lady peace or billy talent. i get that its a canadian band but i dont consider either of those two bands as even really being the same genre as gnr. who has the final say on this shit? the promoter? when baz opened in 2010 well that made sense. this really doesnt... not going for the opening act so i couldnt give two shits if they just played talk radio before gnr's set but our lady peace certainly doesnt give me the urge to stand in line 5 hours for the rail... im actually starting to wonder if they pick shitty bands on purpose in certain cities so that the crowd isnt all riled up in case axl shows up late

LOL... You think they would've learned after the "Pigeons of Sh-t Metal" incident...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1546635/pigeons-of-metal-eagles-of-death-metal-laugh-off-axls-ohio-rant/

10 hours ago, izzyzz said:

LOL... You think they would've learned after the "Pigeons of Sh-t Metal" incident...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1546635/pigeons-of-metal-eagles-of-death-metal-laugh-off-axls-ohio-rant/

lol i dont think our lady peace will get booed. well... maybe... we booo our own hockey team quite often so lol i actually hope they do get booed but wtv i mean ppl there for the nostalgia might appreciate them but i dont know anyone whos REALLY into both bands... i mean a7x is opening for metallica and i can actually see a resemblance in  the two bands... but gnr and our lady peace? seriously would love to know who thought that was a good idea

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

On May 29, 2017 at 6:56 AM, izzyzz said:

Cool, the Right or the Left side? My friends are looking to pick up a pair and I hope we won't end up on the separate ends of it.

you know what I don't know...I guess I could look into that...but I'm sure I can figure something out the day of if we're not together (if you gotta trade your spot, let me know lol)

On May 30, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Hollywood Gunner said:

lol i dont think our lady peace will get booed. well... maybe... we booo our own hockey team quite often so lol i actually hope they do get booed but wtv i mean ppl there for the nostalgia might appreciate them but i dont know anyone whos REALLY into both bands... i mean a7x is opening for metallica and i can actually see a resemblance in  the two bands... but gnr and our lady peace? seriously would love to know who thought that was a good idea

surprisingly a lot of people I've talked to actually were happy to find out OLP was opening! strange, huh?

On 2017-05-31 at 9:17 PM, coolranchdressing! said:

you know what I don't know...I guess I could look into that...but I'm sure I can figure something out the day of if we're not together (if you gotta trade your spot, let me know lol)

All good, we ended up on the same side. My friends managed to grab a pair of PIT tix just before the latest batch sold out. Phew... :)

• Like 1