08/21/17 - Ottawa, ON - TD Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

On December 16, 2016 at 10:27 AM, James Bond said:

It's probably more trouble than it's worth but man, never have I gone through so much trouble for a ticket upgrade.

TD Place's website doesn't give you a direct number for the box office, instead it's to a ticketing hotline. I called them, and over two days of speaking to three different people, it seems they were only taught to say "we don't give refunds and there's nothing we can do" which is of course total bullshit since Ticketmaster does refunds all the time. They can shove their own policies especially when the Nightrain password didn't work on their site. I decided to test them and say fine, upgrade me to Paradise City so I get the pit tickets anyways. "Sorry we can't do that" is all I got. They don't want extra money either? So finally after an unnecessarily long phone call they told me to call guest services.

Guest services? "Oh no problem here's the direct number to the guy who runs the box office."

Why was that so difficult? In the mean time I verified with Live Nation's fan number that yes, a refund can be done but that technically they can't access TD Place's ticket sales so it needs to be done by them. They too were greatly confused why nobody on TD's ticketing hotline would offer the direct box office number.

The guy I spoke to direct at TD Place said he's got to run it through the promoter (I assume he means Live Nation) and will get back to me ASAP. He was easy to talk to and got it. He was equally confused why nobody would give out his direct number. Basically, this was the TD ticketing hotline:

med_1472187064_1384309019_image.jpg

I've also been bitching on the Nightrain about it. There's already a bitchfest there about how Ottawa's website sucked for the password so it seems I'm not alone. :lol:

After all this, I hope to see you guys and girls in the pit!

im trying the same thing now but w/ my montreal ticket--I wonder if they have same policy as you've been thru? But of course since it's Montreal I expect more difficulty.

I purchased Zone 1 on presale (as they had no pit left; I bought it after 30min the presale started as I bought other concert tix and I wasn't 100% sure I'd go to Montreal as well)...then for General Public I ended up getting pit. so Now I have an extra Zone 1 that I'd like to refund.

So far the "customer service" said they don't take refunds. I asked for the Box Office/Guest service # and they said this was it...she checked w/ her supervisor but they gave an excuse like the 1st and 2nd ticket purchase were a few days apart...as if that would make a difference anyways. I explained the 1st was pre-sale, 2nd was general public. 

I will try calling again but I am doubtful...she just told me try to sell it to someone else...

3 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

im trying the same thing now but w/ my montreal ticket--I wonder if they have same policy as you've been thru? But of course since it's Montreal I expect more difficulty.

I purchased Zone 1 on presale (as they had no pit left; I bought it after 30min the presale started as I bought other concert tix and I wasn't 100% sure I'd go to Montreal as well)...then for General Public I ended up getting pit. so Now I have an extra Zone 1 that I'd like to refund.

So far the "customer service" said they don't take refunds. I asked for the Box Office/Guest service # and they said this was it...she checked w/ her supervisor but they gave an excuse like the 1st and 2nd ticket purchase were a few days apart...as if that would make a difference anyways. I explained the 1st was pre-sale, 2nd was general public. 

I will try calling again but I am doubtful...she just told me try to sell it to someone else...

Typically I find upgrades and changing seats are no problem, especially through Ticketmaster, but flat out refunds might be a different story.

In my case, the ticketing hotline wouldn't budge but when they finally gave me the number for the direct box office it was done the same day.

Last year i bought an upgrade for the Orlando show. I tried to refund my original ticket and they wouldn't because i bought it in the presale. So i had them refund my upgraded ticket and kept the crappie presale ticket. I think if you bought it in presale you are stuck with it. This  was my experience anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BigD62 said:

Last year i bought an upgrade for the Orlando show. I tried to refund my original ticket and they wouldn't because i bought it in the presale. So i had them refund my upgraded ticket and kept the crappie presale ticket. I think if you bought it in presale you are stuck with it. This  was my experience anyway.

Can confirm that this happens in Winnipeg. I usually get presale tickets and a few times I've checked and get this runaround. I've had once where they let me upgrade presale tickets. 

On 2016-12-19 at 8:31 PM, BigD62 said:

They did it for me - it was the external ticketing hotline giving me trouble.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎30 at 7:20 PM, Cory Trevor said:

TD Place was absolutely shit, finally got my ticket confimed last week tabarnak. they even said I probably bought a fake because I said I did the presale, but after a while they found it lol 

Seey'all there, anybody havin a doobie and beer meetup!?

Yeah their website is garbage. My order still doesn't appear in the "Order History" but they've confirmed it with me twice over the phone.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, Crankbox said:

I am going to this concert.  It will be the 3rd concert from "Not in this lifetime" Tour.  2 Pits and one seats.  I will never get seats again after the Pit!!!  Can't wait.

I am in the pit too. It will be my 4th show this tour but I am a pit virgin.  Should be great. Coming up from Windsor on the train and my train gets in around 3pm. Leaving the next morning. 10 hours each way on the train will not be fun.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

I just got an email saying the start time has been changed to 6:25.  Wow that is kinda early. I don't get into Ottawa until 3 o'clock.  The Detroit show was also moved up to 7 o'clock.

Edited by BigD62

On 7/26/2017 at 9:59 AM, BigD62 said:

Have they announced an opening act yet for this show?

Well yes they have Dave.  In the email I got it says the show starts at 6:25 and the opening act is Our Lady Peace.

Edited by BigD62

We just bought 3 tickets from Stub Hub....Floor 5

The tickets I bought for $150 Canadian but the face value on each ticket says $275 (they must have originally been price at 275 and reduced to 150?)

I have dealt with Stub Hub 2x now...Springsteen and Motley Crue...never had a problem.

This time around for GNR...I am taking my 13 year old son to his first rock concert and my wife.

What are the chances of getting fucked around with the tickets...my nightmare scenario is walking thru the gate and the door guys goes to scan the tickets and I get a "uhh ohh..

Has that ever happened to anyone?

11 hours ago, gunners fan said:

We just bought 3 tickets from Stub Hub....Floor 5

The tickets I bought for $150 Canadian but the face value on each ticket says $275 (they must have originally been price at 275 and reduced to 150?)

I have dealt with Stub Hub 2x now...Springsteen and Motley Crue...never had a problem.

This time around for GNR...I am taking my 13 year old son to his first rock concert and my wife.

What are the chances of getting fucked around with the tickets...my nightmare scenario is walking thru the gate and the door guys goes to scan the tickets and I get a "uhh ohh..

Has that ever happened to anyone?

pretty sure stubhub has a legit ticket guarantee... like if the tickets turn out to be fake, u give em a call and they get u equal or better tickets at no cost and charge the sellers credit card the difference... at least thats what i understood... i actually sold my zone 1 tickets for montreal on stubhub when i upgraded to pit and called and asked what if the buyer just says theyre fake? lol the chick just told me to keep my receipt and not worry about it so im not