08/24/17 - Winnipeg, MB - Investors Group Field

Estranged Reality

I was at the show last night in Pit 1.  Truly a phenomenal experience.  The band was excellent.  Everything everyone has said is true, Axl sounds amazing in concert, I was five feet from him the whole night. 

Slash is a beast, guitar demi-god.  And Duff is so cool and smoking hot.  Everyone I talked to after loved the show. 

So great to see my favorite band put on such an amazing show after all this time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Playing wise, chops wise, this IS Slash's prime. What a night, what a show. One the city won't forget anytime soon.

Exactly.  Couldn't agree more, so I really don't see how people can use 'they're past their prime' as a reason for Guns to not put out new music.  These guys NEED to put out new music.

18 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

that what the live feed jam sounded like...good to see them jamming and finding a grove with frank

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this.  I did listen a few times to make double sure it wasn't actually DTJ but it definitely wasn't - it did roll along similar lines though.  Especially that bit at 37 sec mark and after 59 mark...it sounded phenomenal for a jam.  It makes me stupidly excited for new music at a time when I am trying hard to manage my expectations. :lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

I would have liked this, had I any likes... I mean, obviously, it's Slash's business and all but if I were him, I think I would have attempted murder long ago :lol: Especially with this stupid filming and streaming all of the time and asking him to say hi...

before THIS tour, fans complain they don't get to see enough of the band, after... complaints...  IMO she can be annoying but I appreciate the footage I do get to see.  It's like some of you were not around during the silent years?  maybe that is the case, because if you were you would be happy seeing slash take a dump in the dark with a cat screaming over it, anything is better than nothing IMHO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

before THIS tour, fans complain they don't get to see enough of the band, after... complaints...  IMO she can be annoying but I appreciate the footage I do get to see.  It's like some of you were not around during the silent years?  maybe that is the case, because if you were you would be happy seeing slash take a dump in the dark with a cat screaming over it, anything is better than nothing IMHO

omg the mental image!!!! :lol: I can't unsee...

I personally don't care about Meegan's voice or her teenage ways so long as she keeps live streaming and gifting us with things like last night's new soundcheck jam and surprise Axl visit.  

On the other hand, it was slightly annoying that when I was trying to listen to the new jam, she was squealing over the top of the music, OH LOOK, MELISSA'S CANDY and whirling the phone around aimlessly, but you know, I forgive her, since she is our only real access to what's going on behind the scenes with those guys.

• Like 1

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

omg the mental image!!!! :lol: I can't unsee...

I personally don't care about Meegan's voice or her teenage ways so long as she keeps live streaming and gifting us with things like last night's new soundcheck jam and surprise Axl visit.  

On the other hand, it was slightly annoying that when I was trying to listen to the new jam, she was squealing over the top of the music, OH LOOK, MELISSA'S CANDY and whirling the phone around aimlessly, but you know, I forgive her, since she is our only real access to what's going on behind the scenes with those guys.

It's true and in fact to me it looks like the other members INCLUDING Slash seem to get annoyed with it! However the footage she gives us is worth the screaming and yelling like its her first time seeing these guys lol.  Backstage stuff, on stage stuff, really great stuff to see for sure.  It is on of those things thats great yet could be better lol

Meegan is AMAZING. I love her and not just because she posts the footage. I've been following her ever since she opened her IG account and she had it private.

If there are fans who dont like her, then just dont follow her. Simple as that. There are more productive things than being just a jealous snake.

Guys I hid a bunch of posts pertaining to Meegan, mainly hateful ones. Feel free to discuss her streams and posts about Slash/GN'R, but there's absolutely no need to say anything negative about her as a person, let along Slash's girlfriend.

If you "don't like her", for whatever reason that may be, then fine. But don't post about it and don't post about why.

Thanks.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

I know I know, I should have snapped a pic. But I forgot to mention that one of the tour shirts inside the venue had missed Winnipeg on the list. Skipped from Ottawa to Regina on the back of the shirt. 

Wow!! That shirt's a Collectors Item!!! I want one!!! 😎

On 8/25/2017 at 4:38 AM, nikosgnr said:

Loved the new intro..

That's bad ass!  Thanks for highlighting the clip- I would have missed it.

to me, your post is about what the concert threads should be about, not polluted with tired whining over the same subjects that add nothing to the conversation.