09/08/17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Estranged Reality

It is likely that I will attend this show with good friends from Austin.

We will wait until the summer of 2017 before purchasing tickets.

This year, I have learned that it is best to wait until the show date is close before purchasing GNR tickets.

I am hoping to score floor/lower level seats near the stage, for below face value next August/September.

$300 for a single concert ticket is too much. Especially in an economically depressed area like South Texas.

I also believe that if the 2016 setlist is used for the 2017 NITL tour, this will drive fans away and soften sales.

Come on GUNS, give us a NEW show in 2017!!

Edited by rockphantom

Still debating what city to see them in but leaning towards San Antonio cause it's the last show and San Diego was the last show for the first NA tour and they got a great set list!

5 hours ago, rockphantom said:

It is likely that I will attend this show with good friends from Austin.

We will wait until the summer of 2017 before purchasing tickets.

This year, I have learned that it is best to wait until the show date is close before purchasing GNR tickets.

I am hoping to score floor/lower level seats near the stage, for below face value next August/September.

$300 for a single concert ticket is too much. Especially in an economically depressed area like South Texas.

I also believe that if the 2016 setlist is used for the 2017 NITL tour, this will drive fans away and soften sales.

Come on GUNS, give us a NEW show in 2017!!

Yeah I got seats last year but want closer seats this time...but not pit, so looking at floor/field. I am also going to wait awhile before buying them. SF I had a seat and that was $230...such a freakin expensive city for everything!

I will be attending this show and plan on buying the tickets at the actual box office to avoid all the dumb fees. SAN Antonio is only about a 3 hour drive for me . It's a funny... this year I went to Wrestlemania and a gnr show in the same stadium. Same for next . Rumble in January, then Guns in September. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2016 at 7:07 AM, batman007 said:

I will be attending this show and plan on buying the tickets at the actual box office to avoid all the dumb fees. SAN Antonio is only about a 3 hour drive for me . It's a funny... this year I went to Wrestlemania and a gnr show in the same stadium. Same for next . Rumble in January, then Guns in September. 

If you have the strength to buy your tickets at the box office on the day of the show, you may be pleasantly surprised with prime seats or a pit ticket. Trust me. This happens at every event.

I am hoping that a second show is added in San Antonio.

A gig on Saturday September 9th, would be a godsend for fans travelling to the Alamo City.

Historically, the second show in the same city did not sell well on the 2016 tour.

I recall deep discounts being offered in Chicago.

A second gig in San Antonio would produce thousands of discounted tickets for price sensitive fans.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

Hey Marlingr103, I just bought 

tickets to the San Antonio show. I got a pre order code from Live Nation. I assume it will work for you unless everybody gets a different code. Go to Live Nation, click on GNR go to the little code box with the little yellow lock. Type in

TURNTABLE , ALL CAPS, one word. There you go, brother

Wait a few months. The unsold VIP tickets within the first few rows on the floor will be made available at $300 each.

If you give in to temptation this early, you may be sorry down the road.

I won't take a serious look at the GNR San Antonio Ticketmaster page until March-April. :) 

Edited by rockphantom
Grammatical correction

The Guns N' Roses San Antonio show has been on sale for almost 2 weeks. There are THOUSANDS of great/good/decent floor/lower level seats still available. South Texas has been an economically depressed area for decades. $300 per one ticket to the Guns N' Roses revue is likely too much for the casual fan. Expect a ticket blowout next summer!

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-san-antonio-texas-09-08-2017/event/3A005181CA46508A?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001

14 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

The Guns N' Roses San Antonio show has been on sale for almost 2 weeks. There are THOUSANDS of great/good/decent floor/lower level seats still available. South Texas has been an economically depressed area for decades. $300 per one ticket to the Guns N' Roses revue is likely too much for the casual fan. Expect a ticket blowout next summer!

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-san-antonio-texas-09-08-2017/event/3A005181CA46508A?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001

Yup I noticed that too....selling slowly so I am going to wait to get a good seat at a lower price!

I want a floor sear behind the pit but not for $743 bucks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wait until the week of the show. Pit tickets will be available on Ticketmaster's website.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-san-antonio-texas-09-08-2017/event/3A005181CA46508A?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Ten of thousands of reserved seats are still available for the San Antonio gig.

I still expect an Alamodome ticket blowout sometime this summer.

Hopefully, the San Antonio show will be cancelled, so I won't be tempted to make the trek to South Texas. :D

The fact that the GNR NITL setlist is set-in-stone has really turned me off.

Edited by rockphantom

• 4 weeks later...