GRAMMY 2017

Silent Jay

Best Rock Performance

Alabama Shakes - Joe (Live From Austin City Limits)
Beyoncé Featuring Jack White - Don't Hurt Yourself
David Bowie - Blackstar
Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence (Live on 'Conan')
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

Best Metal Performance

Baroness - Shock Me
Gojira - Silvera
Korn - Rotting in Vain
Megadeth - Dystopia
Periphery - The Price Is Wrong

Best Rock Song

David Bowie - Blackstar
Radiohead - Burn the Witch
Metallica - Hardwired
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Highly Suspect - My Name Is Human

Best Rock Album

Blink-182 - California
Cage the Elephant - Tell Me I'm Pretty
Gojira - Magma
Panic! At the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
Weezer - Weezer

Nice to see Gojira there :)

More here

I know complaining about the Grammy's is a fools errand but Disturbed and Beyonce for best rock??? Really??

Beyonce made a great album this year that is already up for like ten Grammys, can't we make some room for some of the other great rock artists that came out with material this year?

And in a different country Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence would have them in a gulag

• Like 1

Senior vice president of awards at the Recording Academy, Bill Freimuth, recently commented on why Metallica was nominated in the Best Rock Song category for the upcoming Grammy Awards despite being an epitome of metal in so many ways.

Mr. Freimuth tells UCR: "To me, it's a really good sign for metal - that they are having a wider appeal out of just the strictly metal community into the larger rock community. My take on that is they should be really happy that they are getting that broader recognition."

He also addressed Beyonce's nomination in the Best Rock Performance category with "Don't Hurt Yourself," saying: "It might raise some questions but, my God, that track rocks."

Bill added: "A lot of the artists - and Beyonce is a perfect example - are feeling a lot more freedom with genre fluidity to just make the music they want to make, to do something different and take advantage - in her case - of her star power in order to continue to make the music they want to make.

"As a rock fan, I remain very hopeful that we'll continue to see a lot of great music in the genre."

Fuck the Grannys

(Wayne Rooney: when can i start?!? :lol: )

No, seriously, fuck the Grannys.

On 07/12/2016 at 0:13 PM, maynard said:

Beyonce is vastly overrated. Being a feminist black woman practically awards her automatic Grammys.

Yeah, I bet its been all feminists throwing their money down in their millions since the days of Destinys Child to buy her music :lol: 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maynard said:

Never said all her fans are feminists. 

No but you clearly insinuated that her getting accolades are to do with her being black and a feminist (though I've no idea whether the latter is accurate) but the fact is shes been immensely popular right from the get go, way before anyone gave a shit about her affiliations.

Also, I find it interesting that you think that being black gives you a leg up in the recieving of accolades, when a debate has been raging in recent times that the exact opposite is the case.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

No but you clearly insinuated that her getting accolades are to do with her being black and a feminist (though I've no idea whether the latter is accurate) but the fact is shes been immensely popular right from the get go, way before anyone gave a shit about her affiliations.

Also, I find it interesting that you think that being black gives you a leg up in the recieving of accolades, when a debate has been raging in recent times that the exact opposite is the case.

I hope they give her fuck all.....just to see Kanye West go even more insane more than anything.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2016 at 1:36 PM, Silverburst80 said:

I hope they give her fuck all.....just to see Kanye West go even more insane more than anything.

that would mean i'd have to actually watch the Grammy's to see it...oh wait! they will show it endlessly everywhere if it happens! problem solved :P 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, Dan H. said:

I know complaining about the Grammy's is a fools errand but Disturbed and Beyonce for best rock??? Really??

Beyonce made a great album this year that is already up for like ten Grammys, can't we make some room for some of the other great rock artists that came out with material this year?

And in a different country Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence would have them in a gulag

Used to like Disturbed. Saw them many times in concert. The last cd was not as angry as their past cds. Dave has an amazing voice, but the anger is gone. This was one of my go to bands, when I was pissed. Godsmack was the same for me, then Sully lost his anger too.

Beyoncé is not rock. I hate the Grammy's. I thought Metallica was nominated?

On 12/11/2016 at 6:41 PM, Powerage5 said:

Blackstar across the board pls. Bowie deserves that - few artists have or will have a swan song as amazing as that album.

Came to say this. 

Is is this the Grammy awards that everyone is complaining about racists because Beyoncé wasn't nominated for best country song?

• 1 month later...

I hate the Grammys.

They don't show any metal bands except for Metallica and the rock category never has anyone I like in it.

Lately all they show is the same artists for pop and R&B and hip hop. How can they be all three?

It's usually boring as hell too.

The host this year is funny, but not enough to make me sit through 3 hours of shirt.

• 2 weeks later...