The 'What are you doing tonight' discussion

Just a urchin

Probably nothing. Took the day off of work since my childcare fell through. Went out and got some Christmas shopping done, but we're getting hit with a blizzard right now so I abandoned that idea after 2 stores. Have no plans on leaving the house tonight. 

27 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

read my Christmas themed book ( i am in total Christmas mode ;)

I'm going to write this very small cause I don't really want to admit it, but every Christmas I buy a few of those Harlequin romance Christmas themed books..they're cheesy as hell but I enjoy them :lol:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Just a urchin said:

Bored sitting at home on my day off, going out to a rock climbing center (local club)

I completed a "for beginners" rock climbing course this summer and loved it. I'm still too pussy to climb on a real cliff though :lol:

I've spent most of the night trying to figure out which GNR 2017 shows I'll attend. I wanna hit some Euro shows and meet up with some friends but planning ferries, flights and hotels is a nightmare - kudos to the poor bastard who had to plan the band and crews travel and accomodation itinerary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, downliner said:

I completed a "for beginners" rock climbing course this summer and loved it. I'm still too pussy to climb on a real cliff though :lol:

I've spent most of the night trying to figure out which GNR 2017 shows I'll attend. I wanna hit some Euro shows and meet up with some friends but planning ferries, flights and hotels is a nightmare - kudos to the poor bastard who had to plan the band and crews travel and accomodation itinerary.

It's real good fun! I got into it at Uni, but its tough to organise these kind of nights due to my son being really young and the price of childcare...:facepalm:

I have already saved up for the Vienna show though :headbang:

• Like 1

Took Mom to do her Christmas shopping for my son. For once he will be getting things he will actually wear from Grandma since I talked her outta buying things she would usually send him. Got a bottle of wine for me tonight. :P:P:P

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo..on cellphone

20 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I'm going to write this very small cause I don't really want to admit it, but every Christmas I buy a few of those Harlequin romance Christmas themed books..they're cheesy as hell but I enjoy them :lol:

Why wouldn't you admit it? I read romance novals all the time. Mostly on vacation though. I bring like 10 books with me and am fully ready to relax at the swimmingpool.  I mostly read paranormal novels and can really recommend the dark hunter (ancients gods, vampires, were wolves all that) series of Sherrylin Kenyon. But curilng up on the couch with a blanket, a novel and some cappuccino in the winter is great as well.

It's silly, nobody admits they read these novels, yet Kenyon hits the top of the best selling lists with every book she publishes.

Edited by MB.

I went to my last Spanish class of the year. I'm planning on moving back to Mexico for the first half of next year, so I'm feeling quite well set up for it now. I came home and ate, I went for a wee 7 mile walk It's dark and windy but a man's gotta exercise, I've run 5k twice this week so tonight I'm taking it easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MB. said:

Why wouldn't you admit it? I read romance novals all the time. Mostly on vacation though. I bring like 10 books with me and am fully ready to relax at the swimmingpool.  I mostly read paranormal novels and can really recommend the dark hunter (ancients gods, vampires, were wolves all that) series of Sherrylin Kenyon. But curilng up on the couch with a blanket, a novel and some cappuccino in the winter is great as well.

It's silly, nobody admits they read these novels, yet Kenyon hits the top of the best selling lists with every book she publishes.

I like Sherrylin Kenyon..but she is at least a couple of tiers above harlequin :lol:..which to me are so cheesy but my grandmother had boxes and boxes (and boxes) of them, so I became quite familiar with them over many a summer holiday lol.  Have you read Kim Harrison's The Hollows series? Those are pretty good too. Dead Witch Walking is the first one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I like Sherrylin Kenyon..but she is at least a couple of tiers above harlequin :lol:..which to me are so cheesy but my grandmother had boxes and boxes (and boxes) of them, so I became quite familiar with them over many a summer holiday lol.  Have you read Kim Harrison's The Hollows series? Those are pretty good too. Dead Witch Walking is the first one.

Ofcourse I did, good books as well, funny you did! But to me, Kenyon rules. Her books crack me up, make me cry and are so well written. I cried many times reading Acheron. They are so much better then the Twilight series and can't believe they are not making films or a series of this serie. You are right they are tiers above harlequin, but I do also read those once in a while. Although I only read the historic ones mostly. Oh and the old Nora Roberts, who now grown above it as well. It's funny, cause my grandmother had many harlequins as well. I really don't care, I even read them travelling for all to see. It's an easy read and always ends well:lol:. I don't like difficult reads all that much, my life is difficult enough as it is, so  I just want to relax a bit when reading.

16 hours ago, MB. said:

Ofcourse I did, good books as well, funny you did! But to me, Kenyon rules. Her books crack me up, make me cry and are so well written. I cried many times reading Acheron. They are so much better then the Twilight series and can't believe they are not making films or a series of this serie. You are right they are tiers above harlequin, but I do also read those once in a while. Although I only read the historic ones mostly. Oh and the old Nora Roberts, who now grown above it as well. It's funny, cause my grandmother had many harlequins as well. I really don't care, I even read them travelling for all to see. It's an easy read and always ends well:lol:. I don't like difficult reads all that much, my life is difficult enough as it is, so  I just want to relax a bit when reading.

Oh yeah, I use reading as an escape for sure. And I get the trashiest novels I can find for when I go away on vacation lol. Actually, I just started a new series called the Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens which i'm totally enjoying, and guess what..just came across that she used to write for harlequin. hahahah..I can't escape. :lol:

23 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

yes, i have tons of them from my grandmother too! i am reading one now ( not a Harlequin just a Christmas book ) by Susan Wiggs. it's pretty good!