Sebastian Bach Surprised when Axl reunited with Slash

FYI: They talk about GnR at aroung 17:30 mark.

The thing that stood out to me is this...

Jonathan: Can you tell us why- how they got back together? Like-

Bach: No, I don't- I can't tell you that. Er-

Jonathan: You can't?

Bach: No. All I can tell you is... [proceeds to tell the story about Axl]

Maybe it's just me looking into things too much, but I find it a little weird for Bach to shut down and then side-step that line of questioning.

I think it's funny when they say, "I expected it someday but not this quickly". Quickly? Sure, if you call 20 years 'quick'. :lol:

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 2

Sebastian has been friends with him in a sense for a long while I'm sure hes heard lots from Axl and I also didn't expect him to be telling any of the bands business either. 

I don't think he was purposefully trying to use Guns to promote his book he was likely asked since they know he's been around Axl a lot over the years.

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Just trying to get some attention for his book. I am listening to it right now and he is narrating it. His voice makes it almost unbearable.

Dude has really one of the most annoying speaking voices...it's like he is bawling every sentence... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

Maybe it's just me looking into things too much, but I find it a little weird for Bach to shut down and then side-step that line of questioning.

I think it's funny when they say, "I expected it someday but not this quickly". Quickly? Sure, if you call 20 years 'quick'. :lol:

Yeah that surprised me too but, Well he's besties with Axl. He's always been cool with Duff and slash,really everyone. He knows the details but he was probably asked by his friends to take a vow of silence. Baz said the right things here..

Edited by Billsfan

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Considering Sebastian Bach was the biggest supporter of NuGNR, of course he's surprised. Probably upset as well that they reunited.

He clear as day was not upset in the least bit with regard to Slash and Duff returning. He was just always a big supporter of Axl because they were probably the closest especially in the early 1990's. He also said that he wasn't surprised that they reunited completely, just the timing of it happening surprised him. Supply and demand helped that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

These days anyone that gets asked about GNR is looking for attention. Gilby, Ashba and now Sebastian. 

Come on you guys, it's a bit unfair.

hell even when guys dodge questions about it (Bumblefoot) they are looking for attention :lol:

lose/lose

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Considering Sebastian Bach was the biggest supporter of NuGNR, of course he's surprised. Probably upset as well that they reunited.

Didn't sound like that in Vegas, quite the opposite...

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Didn't sound like that in Vegas, quite the opposite...

I had the worst feeling of embarrassment for him while that was happening. You know that feeling you get when someone else hits their head? That's what it felt like. I have to fast forward past that part every time I listen to that show too because it's just so cringeworthy. 

Here's a dude that went on and on about how great the new lineup(s) were and now he's all "Oh my GODDD! THANK YOU GN'R FOR MAKING US SO FUCKING HAPPY. THE LAST TIME I WAS ON STAGE WITH THESE GUYS WAS 1991!" (or something like that). 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jane M. said:

These days anyone that gets asked about GNR is looking for attention. Gilby, Ashba and now Sebastian. 

Come on you guys, it's a bit unfair.

Great post. GNR fans are the worst. It's like GNR is this big relevant band and all these people are nobodies. Every. single. time.

Again, great great post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

IIRC Baz talked about how he loved both Axl and Slash and he had to turn down VR because of his friendship to Axl.

I don't remember Baz talking shit about Slash at all.

Point being, people making shit up just to stir the pot is obnoxious. Grow up. 

Slash in his book says something like he was told that Baz didn't want to talk to him nor be his friend or anthing. Then Slash is the one who sounds surprise saying he always liked Baz. And he was sad to find out that Baz felt that way. So maybe Baz didn't say anything against Slash in public but he did in private. At least that's what Slash says in his book

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I had the worst feeling of embarrassment for him while that was happening. You know that feeling you get when someone else hits their head? That's what it felt like. I have to fast forward past that part every time I listen to that show too because it's just so cringeworthy. 

Here's a dude that went on and on about how great the new lineup(s) were and now he's all "Oh my GODDD! THANK YOU GN'R FOR MAKING US SO FUCKING HAPPY. THE LAST TIME I WAS ON STAGE WITH THESE GUYS WAS 1991!" (or something like that). 

Apparently he went on about new GNR being great only because he wanted to stay on Axl's good side ;) And he wasn't the only one ;)

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. Bach stroked NuGN'R's shwarma for 17 years, telling people "DJ Ashba wrote an amazing riff, literally the greatest, heaviest song I've ever heard! If Axl doesn't use it I'm using it for my band!". Telling people "Axl has dozens of amazing songs, the best shit I've ever heard", 2006: "GNR IS BACK!!!"

But for real, how mad do you have to be to support NuGNR with Ashba? :lol:

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The funniest thing to me was that he was always defending Axl's right to use the GNR name but then about Skid Row he would say things like this:

Well, the fact that they call it Skid Row is sad. I’ll call my band Sebastian Bach, and I’ll take all the heat for it, good or bad. But I’m not going to call it Skid Row, because it’s not Skid Row. That was five guys.

12 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

IIRC Baz talked about how he loved both Axl and Slash and he had to turn down VR because of his friendship to Axl.

I don't remember Baz talking shit about Slash at all.

Point being, people making shit up just to stir the pot is obnoxious. Grow up. 

I don't remember him saying something like that, that would be total bullshit 'cause he didn't turn down VR.

If was actually the opposite. Sebastian was very good friends with Axl and Slash but then Axl disappeared and Sebastian didn't hear from him in around a decade. Meanwhile, he remained close to Slash, they even did a cover of Communication Breakdown.

When Slash and Duff were putting VR together, they tried Sebastian and recorded some demos (according to Sebastian, they were awesome...) but they turned him down because "it sounded like Skid Roses". Sebastian got really mad at that. At that point, he was doing Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway and had invited Slash and Duff and after they turned him down he said something like "they didn't tell me Jesus sounded like Skid Row" or something along those lines. Also, here's something Sebastian said about Slash:  "He wrote something like, 'Too bad Sebastian doesn't like me anymore,' It's like, 'Dude, when I try out for your band and you don't pick me it's not like I'm going to call you to hang out.' After that, I was kinda ready to move on."

Here's Sebastian talking about reconnecting with Axl prior to murdering My Michelle.

And here's an hilarious quote for you guys to laugh a bit :P

On touring Canada in fall 2006 with GUNS N' ROSES:

"Then I see a review in the Toronto Sun that makes it sound like I'm the worst thing to ever happen in the history of music. Meanwhile, the only reason Axl is even on the road is because he's watching me on a monitor backstage every night giving him motivation to do it, too."

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 8:51 AM, KiraMPD said:

i think in Axl/GNR mode 20 years is quick! :lol: