Richard Fortus Interview

Killer interview...thank-you for sharing. I had no idea Fortus had such young kids. He sounds very down to earth and nice, and I learned some interesting tidbits about him.

Lots of positive things came out of this interview..kudos to Richard for doing this! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Does anyone remember that poster where someone posted hearing new stuff in soundcheck? It was dismissed by most at the time but now relevant considering this new interview

I remember posting about the Atlanta Soundcheck. There was one song that I did not recognize. 

47 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Killer interview...thank-you for sharing. I had no idea Fortus had such young kids. He sounds very down to earth and nice, and I learned some interesting tidbits about him.

Lots of positive things came out of this interview..kudos to Richard for doing this! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I remember back when one of his kids was born, think during the '06 tour. They're pretty small. Shame that marriage didn't end up working out, they seemed quite the functional family for a rock n' roll brood.

Great interview, @BOSSY78, thanks for posting.

18 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

When he says we always play CD, better and TIL and 4 others I wonder what the other 2 are

I think he probably just miscounted and meant to say 6. We're all human with slightly innacurate memories sometimes. He initially couldn't remember what year Chinese Democracy was released either..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash, Fortus, and Duff are putting ideas on tape in soundchecks and rehearsals.

They're messing around with new stuff. Processing... best Fortus interview ever! Axl is still gonna delay like a motherfucker though.

he wouldn't be Axl if he didn't. then again he has been quite a different Axl this past year...

6 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Don't understand how people actually dislike this guy...

He's down to earth and a great guitar player!

I don't think he is disliked. He seems competent enough with a guitar.

Some people just prefer the original guitarist, Izzy Stradlin' and feel that Fortus doesn't belong in Guns N' Roses. Others simply don't care for his style of playing. 

I think it's a huge mistake to record a new album with him instead of Izzy Stradlin' though. If they're really going to do that, they're bigger cash whores than I thought.

• Like 2

Great interview, just finished listening to all four parts, but let me just say this regarding some of the misquotes I read on here before I listened, some of y'all "quote" worse than the tabloid media!

Listen to the fucking interview yourself people before you read some of the misleading "verbatim" quotes of the things Richard actually said re: Axl/Angus and new GN'R music!

• Like 1

Great interview, just finished listening to all four parts, but let me just say this regarding some of the misquotes I read on here before I listened, some of y'all "quote" worse than the tabloid media!

Listen to the fucking interview yourself people before you read some of the misleading "verbatim" quotes of the things Richard actually said re: Axl/Angus and new GN'R music!

Richard cops shit because he isn't a member of Guns N Roses, same goes for Frank and the anime girl...and all the other people who were in Axl's GNR after Slash and Duff left (and Paul Huge).

It's great Slash and duff are back.

Richard is a better sub than Gilby (in place of Izzy), Frank has sucked since day one in 06.

Amusing that Richard has always given the "new material" speech and been (rightly) ridiculed for it and now it's somehow taken seriously.

Until I can physically purchase it in a brick and mortar store, I ROFL at any talk of a new GNR album unless it's from Slash or to a lesser degree, Duff.

When Slash says they are working on new songs, I'll fucking believe it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Amusing that Richard has always given the "new material" speech and been (rightly) ridiculed for it and now it's somehow taken seriously.

DAMMIT. I didn't even think of that and I don't know why I didn't.

I'll be the first to admit that I listened to the interview yesterday and was all excited when Dick was talking about new music. Never crossed my mind that he's ALWAYS been the dude to say something new is coming soon and it never does. <_<

20 hours ago, EvH said:

Lol "started to think".

Only in the GNR world is this considered news.

Yeah he is Mr. Original. He has said the same bullshit like a million times in the past. :facepalm: But I don't blame him entirely. That question is not for him to answer. That question is for the people in charge. We know the kind of answer they gave us in the Brazilian T.V. Interview last summer.