RIP Big Syke

Len Cnut

Damn I hate that. Always liked Syke. And you know he was the real deal because he was one of the few that Pac kept around after the Quad Studio shooting/robbery. He cut off a lot of people after that, many close friends and people in his camp, but he kept Syke around until the end. RIP.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

God bless the dead, i got keeeeeeeys comin' from overseasssssss

He always had great lines didn't he. One of my favorites....

"My little homie g can't you see I'm busta free, n!ggaz can't stand me, all eyez on me"

He just sounds disgusted as hell when he raps it.

• Like 1

One more for Mussolini...."where my cigs?"

Pac is so fucking fool. "stick a needle in my eye if I don't live and die for MOB"....."it's Death Row why the fuck you think we call it that"

Edited by J Dog

On 12/7/2016 at 5:29 AM, Len Cnut said:

As long as Pac were alive they shone, songs like Made N!ggaz, Hit Em Up, When We Ride they were solid as fuck.

Always felt like they get more shit than they deserve. Them boys were raw, straight off the streets, and sounded like it. I liked how their gritty style contrasted with Pac. And more times than not, they really did spit good rap. Kadafi and EDI Mean were my favorites. Weren't afraid of beef either.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Always felt like they get more shit than they deserve. Them boys were raw, straight off the streets, and sounded like it. I liked how their gritty style contrasted with Pac. And more times than not, they really did spit good rap. Kadafi and EDI Mean were my favorites. Weren't afraid of beef either.

And how good can a crew be anyway, they're kinda professional sidemen.  I really liked em though, always have done.

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

And how good can a crew be anyway, they're kinda professional sidemen.  I really liked em though, always have done.

Good point. For me, Dogg Pound are the only side crew that elevated to the next level.

But besides all that, Syke was good. He went hard every time.

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Good point. For me, Dogg Pound are the only side crew that elevated to the next level.

But besides all that, Syke was good. He went hard every time.

D12 were lethal too, despite peoples bullshit about em.  Yknow what i think?  As good a rhymer as you are you gotta have a crew thats just that one step down.  Like D12, in and of themselves they all had serious fuckin skills...just Em' was on another level.  Tupac, rhyme for rhyme, as an MC, wasn't of that 'from the battle' breed, so he was hardly likely to have a Ra', a KRS and a G Rap backing him up...but for what they were they were seriously good, their rhymes had a West Coast type cadence to em (despite not all being from the West) and they fit the songs Pac made perfectly.

But you kinda flourish in your correct context, taking Pac away from The Outlawz is like taking Jim Morrison out of The Doors, they just became like...nothing.  Which sounds like I'm saying Morrison was all there was to that band which I'm not, The Doors were like an orgasm musically...but it worked only because of that final ingridient, kinda the same with the Outlawz, they were a great crew, an amazing one...but still just a crew.

I'd like to add however, in the case of D12, Proof was as good as Em' or in the conversation with him, as is Royce (though not a D12 member).  In fact that would've been a great rap 3 piece, Proof, Em and Royce.  Ever see that movie 8 Mile?  Of all the fuckin' rhymes in movie Proofs verse in the opening was the best, with the best punchlines, the best rhythm, everything, you can tell he wrote his shit himself.

'rip the rabbits head off, toss it to Hugh Hefner, cuz i dont play boy, now tell me who fresher?' WHOOOOOOOO, no wonder he swallowed a brick there :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah I like D-12. Royce is way underrated, but at least he has gotten some respect the last few years. Proof was my favorite. I like his voice.

Ya know Jay-Z actually had a couple of good ones. Even though they weren't an official crew like D12 or Outlawz or DPG. But Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek were both pretty good. Beanie had a decent solo run before he went to jail. I guess that's a little bit different but you get what I mean.