Does the public still hate Axl?

People are stupid and ignorant. It's more fun to say you hate something/someone rather than throw praises their way, especially if you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, which is the majority of the internet. Including me and many of you no doubt on subjects unrelated to things you're passionate about but show up on the news or subjects that are currently in the popular zeitgeist etc. It's just a consequence of free speech and a medium for people to too easily exercise that right through I'm afraid. Just ignore the cliche, uninformed hateful comments, they don't even mean it, they're just saying shit because they have the means to do so and it was a topic in which they happened to stumble upon that particular day.

Fuck 'em. And everyone who looks like 'em.

Axl rocks!

Edited by AlexC

I know a lot (well, a dozen or so) of people who have said to me (in person) that they'd never go to a GNR show again after waiting 5 hours for Axl to take the stage in 06.

I know that's ten years ago now, and that Axl has pretty much stopped the late starts but I can't really justify calling these people stupid or ignorant for having a negative opinion of him.

Maybe having Slash and Duff back will be enough to bring these people around.

27 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Get real.

The general public doesn't give a rat's ass about Axl Rose. They just remember him the volatile singer of a band back in the late 80s - early 90s.

Exactly. That's why GN'R sold 1 million tickets in 24 hours.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tremolo said:

Get real.

The general public doesn't give a rat's ass about Axl Rose. They just remember him the volatile singer of a band back in the late 80s - early 90s.

I guess. He only sold out most of the stadiums on one leg of the tour and raked in $117M from that leg alone.

No big deal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. That's why GN'R sold 1 million tickets in 24 hours.

I don't think that's based on Axl Rose though -- it's based on the brand name of Guns N Roses and the reputation they've built up. The younger generation know the legendary rock bands but they don't know or care about rock stars like the older generation used to. Atleast that's how it is in America. 

Hip hop personalities like Kanye, Jay-Z, Drake, ? Those guys are selling tickets based on their name.

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I don't think that's based on Axl Rose though -- it's based on the brand name of Guns N Roses and the reputation they've built up. The younger generation know the legendary rock bands but they don't know or care about rock stars like the older generation used to. Atleast that's how it is in America. 

Hip hop personalities like Kanye, Jay-Z, Drake, ? Those guys are selling tickets based on their name.

I agree overall. I mean, Axl is at least some of the reason for ticket sales but obviously they've sold a shit ton more since Slash & Duff came back. 

I just think it's ridiculous to say no one in the general public cares about Axl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Well the most popular music has shifted from rock to rap and pop based music. So they are todays younger generations rockstars. Or rather, rapstars lol.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I agree overall. I mean, Axl is at least some of the reason for ticket sales but obviously they've sold a shit ton more since Slash & Duff came back. 

I just think it's ridiculous to say no one in the general public cares about Axl.

For sure. I think the older crowd (40+) definitely have some familiarity with Axl despite him dropping off the face of the earth since '93. For all intents and purposes, he hasn't been a public figure since then. For many people, Guns N Roses and Axl have only come out of hiding in 2016 hence the huge demand for the NITL tour. The crowd at my show in San Diego definitely skewed more in the 40-50's age group.

11 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Well the most popular music has shifted from rock to rap and pop based music. So they are todays younger generations rockstars. Or rather, rapstars lol.

Agreed, as far as I can tell, rock music feels more niche now like how hip hop was back in the early 90's.

9 hours ago, Mendez said:

W2xbd2N.png

Yes the public still hates Axl

Am I the only one that feels some sort of moral obligation to shut douches like these down who think it's still 1991 or something?  It took every ounce of restraint I have not to go on Reddit and call this assclown out.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Am I the only one that feels some sort of moral obligation to shut douches like these down who think it's still 1991 or something?  It took every ounce of restraint I have not to go on Reddit and call this assclown out.

Its not like its unwarranted. Axl ruined his own reputation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Its not like its unwarranted. Axl ruined his own reputation

I don't disagree, but on the other hand, people who say things like this specifically are ignorant quite honestly.  If they said it a year ago, ok.  But saying it now is like saying, hey man, remember when you were in college and got drunk that one night instead of studying for a test the next day that you failed.....  Yet this person they are talking about has a law degree and is a partner in a successful firm. 

So, while I agree a reputation is earned, it can and should change with time.  If someone doesn't want to spend their hard earned money and pay whatever it is for a ticket for whatever reason, that's totally their perrogative.  But to troll someone on an Internet forum like Reddit with lack of actual facts means you're a douche in my opinion.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I will help if you decide to. I have been defending him for years against assholes like this and I have no intention of stopping now.;););)

On 12/7/2016 at 1:39 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It still seems that Axl is disliked by a lot of the general public despite being on time for damn near all of the shows and singing his ass off with AC/DC. I know the guy was kind of a dick at times in the last 15 years, but why all the hate after he's turned himself around this year?

Because haters are going hate and Axl's an easy target, or at least, he was.  And people tend to ignore this past year and focus on the previous 20 yrs of douchery that they feel was guily of.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't disagree, but on the other hand, people who say things like this specifically are ignorant quite honestly.  If they said it a year ago, ok.  But saying it now is like saying, hey man, remember when you were in college and got drunk that one night instead of studying for a test the next day that you failed.....  Yet this person they are talking about has a law degree and is a partner in a successful firm. 

So, while I agree a reputation is earned, it can and should change with time.  If someone doesn't want to spend their hard earned money and pay whatever it is for a ticket for whatever reason, that's totally their perrogative.  But to troll someone on an Internet forum like Reddit with lack of actual facts means you're a douche in my opinion.

While I can see where you are coming from, others would say he's kind of a dickhead douche for the last 20 years and those 20 years are a far greater sample size than the one that he's been the King of Rock

On 12/11/2016 at 6:54 PM, RONIN said:

sorry, but without slash and duff, no way on earth does fake GnR sell 1million tickets in 24 hours, not even in BRAZIL....lol

• Like 3