Does the public still hate Axl?

9 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

While I can see where you are coming from, others would say he's kind of a dickhead douche for the last 20 years and those 20 years are a far greater sample size than the one that he's been the King of Rock

That isn't the point.  Please refer to the specific issue that I am discussing as I don't disagree with you one bit.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

That isn't the point.  Please refer to the specific issue that I am discussing as I don't disagree with you one bit.

the initial point was that axl ruined his own reputation.  My point is that though he's been great the last year, too many, his actions from 1996-2014 overrule / outweigh anything he's done the last year.  

While some like myself is willing to forgive and forget, for those that haven't been on the GnR train the last 20 yrs or so, they mat be less willing to embrace "the new axl".  

But your analogy about the college drunk guy lost me completely......lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

the initial point was that axl ruined his own reputation.  My point is that though he's been great the last year, too many, his actions from 1996-2014 overrule / outweigh anything he's done the last year.  

While some like myself is willing to forgive and forget, for those that haven't been on the GnR train the last 20 yrs or so, they mat be less willing to embrace "the new axl".  

But your analogy about the college drunk guy lost me completely......lol

Yah alright, wasn't the best analogy lol :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I apologize in behalf on all germans for this turd.

That he is...a giant turd..:dance:

For some strange reason, when people attack Axl, I get fiercely protective and my claws come out no matter how hard I try to contain myself. I've been this way for years, can't explain it. :facepalm:

On 12/7/2016 at 2:23 PM, Silent Jay said:

Not everybody liked him fronting AC/DC. Hardcore fans are mostly pissed off.

Concerning GN'R, one good year can't redeem two decades of fuckery. Personally, my hatred for him grows stronger as each day goes by without new materials.

I disagree with that. 

I know many hardcore AC/DC fans were negative at first but since he's done it not a one has said they didn't like it.

Most have said he nailed it. 

Personally I have seen people say shit online but I don't care. You can tell they haven't been to a concert lately by the late comments. No matter they took the time to comment on articles or follow their Facebook so clearly they love to hate him. 

I loved one guys comment though who was upset he barely made it there in time " because Axl went on time". It pissed him off lol. 

Either way Love or hate Axl people can't resist. 

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait.................this dude is saying GN'R would be the opener on that lineup?? :lol:

Yeah, what a lineup... I can almost see the poster in my head.

"THE AMAZING Santa Cruz, featuring Skid Row (and Guns N' Roses)"

I have a feeling that Mr. Julius Knoche is a bit delusional :lol:

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 1:02 AM, RussTCB said:

I agree overall. I mean, Axl is at least some of the reason for ticket sales but obviously they've sold a shit ton more since Slash & Duff came back. 

I just think it's ridiculous to say no one in the general public cares about Axl.

Is it? I think the people that care are the ones that showed up to see Nu-Guns in the last 14 years. All the additional people, that show up now, care about (the somewhat real) GNR, but don't give a damn about Axl (they also don't care too much about Slash and Duff), otherwise they would have went to the Nu-Guns (or Slash and Duff) shows.

Edit: Or let's say, they only care about Axl, when he brings along Slash and Duff. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Is it? I think the people that care are the ones that showed up to see Nu-Guns in the last 14 years. All the additional people, that show up now, care about (the somewhat real) GNR, but don't give a damn about Axl (they also don't care too much about Slash and Duff), otherwise they would have went to the Nu-Guns (or Slash and Duff) shows.

Edit: Or let's say, they only care about Axl, when he brings along Slash and Duff. ;)

So if I went VR shows I'm cool in your book?!? lol

Much of the hate, probably most of it was cause the public blamed Axl for the lack of Slash, continuing with Gn'R without him. Now most fans seem to embrace this line up as true Guns, much like the Illusions line up.

Seeing Izzy or Steven up there is cool, but for most fans it's not a deal breaker, most just don't care.

Edited by Rovim