Who should be the BIG 4 with GNR headliners?

17 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

The big 4 rock band of the 90's:

GN'R

Rage against the machine 

Pearl Jam 

Metallica 

I like this....a lot.   I would pay a lot of money to travel anywhere on the world to see this with a prime seat location.   Fuck Yes I would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jettesnel said:

The big 4 rock band of the 90's:

GN'R

Rage against the machine 

Pearl Jam 

Metallica 

Lol, good lord you nailed it.  That show would be iiinnnsssaaannnneeeee.  I cannot imagine how much tickets would be for that.  And the lineup actually makes sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slim26 said:

GNR, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Green Day

There's 4 groups that can sell out football stadiums anywhere.

I don't agree, certainly not with Green Day in my country and RHCP doubt it these days it could in the past. It will sell out our 30k concerthalls though.

There are only a few rock bands big enough to fill total fields of 70 - 80k in my country, so that's what I am looking at.Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC (with Brian), U2, , Coldplay, (if you consider it rock) and maybe Bon Jovi (ugh). I actually doubt it if GNR sells out Nijmegen, but since it's close to the German border it might.

To me, I would love: Rolling Stones, AC/DC (with Brian), GNR, Van Halen (I can't help it, it's fun)

Edited by MB.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No, they can't....the current RHCP configuration can't even sell out arenas in the States.  Not sure about Green Day or FF being able to sell out stadiums (as a tour, not a one off), either.  Hell GnR doesn't really sell out most stadiums it plays to be honest.  They just move all the upper deck folks down and call it a sell out in the smaller markets.

RHCP will play 59 arenas in USA and Canada in 2017. Let's say that every arena has 15k capacity, that's 900k tickets to sell, pretty comparable to 1.1m of tickets GnR had to sell. Also according to their site 28 of those 59 arenas are already sold out. I think they could sell out smaller (than GnR) stadium tour. Let's say 15 cities without double nights

FF actually had a stadium tour in USA just last year, only 10 dates which didn't sell out but didn't sell bad at all and later in the year they did big arena tour which pretty much sold out.

Can't be bothered to check Green Day, the previous two I pretty much knew just had to fact check it and find exact numbers. Have no idea about GD :lol: 

4 hours ago, MB. said:

I don't agree, certainly not with Green Day in my country and RHCP doubt it these days it could in the past. It will sell out our 30k concerthalls though.

There are only a few rock bands big enough to fill total fields of 70 - 80k in my country, so that's what I am looking at.Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC (with Brian), U2, , Coldplay, (if you consider it rock) and maybe Bon Jovi (ugh). I actually doubt it if GNR sells out Nijmegen, but since it's close to the German border it might.

To me, I would love: Rolling Stones, AC/DC (with Brian), GNR, Van Halen (I can't help it, it's fun)

RHCP officially sold out Nijmegen (can't find numbers so don't know if they reduced capacity or not) in 2012 and 2007 after doing arena shows in a previous year and this year they headlined Pinkpop and did 2 arena shows in the Netherlands and it seems that they'll tour stadiums/open fields next year again like in 2012.

Also don't forget Muse, they did 2 stadium shows in the Netherlands already and are instant sell out for arena shows

Also I think some of you are missing the point. I guess that OP alluded to The Big 4 of thrash metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) so it has to be 4 bands that have really big crossover of fans and style so it differently can't be something like RATM, Metallica and Pearl Jam. If GnR has to be headliner I'd guess it would be something like Aerosmith, Motley Crue and Skid Row cause I can't see AC/DC or Rolling Stones playing before GnR :D 

• Like 1

Why you mention Metallica,they are a metal band,Rolling stones,they are not 80-90 era,ac/dc they are classic hard rock not glam/sleaze,we want bands that suit the music,the style,the genre,the era of GNR music stuff,it shouldn't be a generic hard rock line up.:book:

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Also I think some of you are missing the point. I guess that OP alluded to The Big 4 of thrash metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) so it has to be 4 bands that have really big crossover of fans and style so it differently can't be something like RATM, Metallica and Pearl Jam. If GnR has to be headliner I'd guess it would be something like Aerosmith, Motley Crue and Skid Row cause I can't see AC/DC or Rolling Stones playing before GnR :D 

That's right,that's the meaning,even if Anthrax or Metallica don't play Thrash Metal anymore and bands like Testament,Kreator,Exodus left out,the point was to find 4 big bands that helped creating Thrash metal genre before 20 years ago.:thumbsup:

Think ex.what bands created the make up hard rock style,you can suit Alice Cooper,Kiss,Twisted Sister etc

Why you mention Metallica,they are a metal band,Rolling stones,they are not 80-90 era,ac/dc they are classic hard rock not glam/sleaze,we want bands that suit the music,the style,the genre,the era of GNR music stuff,it shouldn't be a generic hard rock line up.:book:

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

That's right,that's the meaning,even if Anthrax or Metallica don't play Thrash Metal anymore and bands like Testament,Kreator,Exodus left out,the point was to find 4 big bands that helped creating Thrash metal genre before 20 years ago.:thumbsup:

Think ex.what bands created the make up hard rock style,you can suit Alice Cooper,Kiss,Twisted Sister etc

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

IMO you can't reduce Guns as a glam metal band like Mötley or Poison.

Not reducing them! When I chose these bands I wasnt looking for the sleazy figure, but bands that has their roots in Stones and a Blues approach to their songs! And in some level or other, all of them have contributed greatly to the LA scene, that would be something like the Bay Area. 

Edited by default_

On 13/12/2016 at 4:04 AM, Johnny Drama said:

Nothing says a hoot of a time like getting up on a stage with the original lineup of the Ramones as well as John Lennon and George Harrison in 2016.

This is out of the red line,you can't put in Ramones and Rolling Stones,they are another genre of rock and older bands,my BIG 4 of sleaze/glam rock,hair rock or whatever you could include as GNR genre there of period 80s-90s,is GNFR headliners,Motley Crue,Cinderella,Skid Row.I can add as outsiders,L.A Guns,Hanoi Rocks with Michael Monroe(he could do a guest with GNR onstage or play all together at the end a GNR hit song for closing tour),Poison too soft to be in.

Alright,let's then start an online petition,we deserve to see something like this,make some noise madafckres.... :lol:https://www.ipetitions.com/start-petition

Edited by Majestic Beast

Guns N' Roses

Van Halen

Bon Jovi

Motley Crue

Although that line up sucks, but they're the biggest of the decade I believe. And I know VH's debut was '78. Damn the 80s weren't actually that good for rock at all in terms of emerging bands. It was much better for metal.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:37 AM, tsinindy said:

No, they can't....the current RHCP configuration can't even sell out arenas in the States.  Not sure about Green Day or FF being able to sell out stadiums (as a tour, not a one off), either.  Hell GnR doesn't really sell out most stadiums it plays to be honest.  They just move all the upper deck folks down and call it a sell out in the smaller markets.

RHCP sold out 3 nights at MSG in February in seconds - they might not be able to sell stadiums in smaller cities, but major metro areas for sure.  Foo Fighters just had a tour of baseball stadiums last year, and in the major metro areas 2 nights.

Green Day - I'm not certain, but they used sell out football stadiums, just released a new album and started a major tour - they would be able to do stadiums in major metro areas in the Summer.

4 hours ago, slim26 said:

RHCP sold out 3 nights at MSG in February in seconds - they might not be able to sell stadiums in smaller cities, but major metro areas for sure.  Foo Fighters just had a tour of baseball stadiums last year, and in the major metro areas 2 nights.

Green Day - I'm not certain, but they used sell out football stadiums, just released a new album and started a major tour - they would be able to do stadiums in major metro areas in the Summer.

Selling out an arena in New York isn't difficult...come on now lol.   The fact remains, Chili Peppers cannot sell out arenas in most markets (let alone stadiums as I originally stated).   FF did do a stadium tour last summer, they did do two dates in Toronto, Boston and New York (as did GnR except for Toronto) and their "stadium tour" consisted of 7 cities....for comparison purposes GnR got 41K at RFK, Foo Fighters got 48K the year before.  

ID on't recall Green Day ever doing a stadium, but maybe they did.  All I know is they couldn't sell out stadiums now....but neither can GnR.   So, its all good