Who should be the BIG 4 with GNR headliners?

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

Ok,lets say that Sonisphere festival decide to get together a line up with the BIG 4 of GNR genre,what's the other 3 bands  should be involved?

I'm trying to answer this...but I'm confused by what your criteria are?

GnR is a rock and roll band.....so, you're kinda open.  If you went with basically the biggest 3 other draws that are rock bands then Metallica and Pearl Jam are top two along with maybe U2 right now, I don't really think PJ and U2 are Sonisphere type bands though.   .

I dunno, not really anyone similar to GnR that I'd consider Big 4 ish at the moment.  So, Metallica and then Maybe Aerosmith, AC/DC, Maiden...something like that?

If you are taking THE big four concept, you gotta get bands from the "same" genre and era so:

Guns N' Roses
Motley Crue
Poison
Cinderella

My personal big four would be:

Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Guns N' Roses
Cinderella

Black Sabbath is one of my favs but they would never fit into this lel

Edited by default_

3 hours ago, default_ said:

If you are taking THE big four concept, you gotta get bands from the "same" genre and era so:

Guns N' Roses
Motley Crue
Poison
Cinderella

Tha's the most suitable line up i think,i mean that kind of genre but not hair metal or pop metal,ex. not twisted sister,not def leppard.

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Guns N' Roses
Motley Crue
Poison
Cinderella

My personal big four would be:

Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Guns N' Roses
Cinderella

Black Sabbath is one of my favs but they would never fit into this lel

IMO you can't reduce Guns as a glam metal band like Mötley or Poison.

I get what you're saying with Sabbath but since it's my personal list I think they fit very well :P:P:P

But I'll give you this

Guns 

Mötley

Bon Jovi

Great White

Edited by Free Bird

It really depends on what your definition of the "big four" is.

Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, GnR and maybe Queen? If you are looking at GnR type music.

If you are talking about the four "biggest" rock bands -  then you'd start with Metallica and GnR and go from there. Maybe throw in Pearl Jam and AC/DC.

But in terms of popularity, and if each band was supporting a brand new album - then it might look more like GnR, U2, Metallica and maybe a Springsteen (if he did a pure rock album).

31 minutes ago, ERNESTORONDON said:

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Stones, GNR

That's a show I'd pay $300 to go see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

IMO you can't reduce Guns as a glam metal band like Mötley or Poison.

I get what you're saying with Sabbath but since it's my personal list I think they fit very well :P:P:P

But I'll give you this

Guns 

Mötley

Bon Jovi

Great White

Def Leppard was a million times more popular and relevant than Great White.

The Big Four of that era would be GnR, Motley, Bon Jovi and Def Leppard.  With Skid Row knocking on the door.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, slim26 said:

GNR, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Green Day

There's 4 groups that can sell out football stadiums anywhere.

No, they can't....the current RHCP configuration can't even sell out arenas in the States.  Not sure about Green Day or FF being able to sell out stadiums (as a tour, not a one off), either.  Hell GnR doesn't really sell out most stadiums it plays to be honest.  They just move all the upper deck folks down and call it a sell out in the smaller markets.

• Like 1