06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

Now on the coach after the gig. Another solid show - Axl in particular seemed a lot more fired up and into it tonight. 

The crowd in the GC again seemed a bit subdued than you might expect - very likely due to the serious heat. The place was boiling today! But the band played great, and the setlist variances made it worth doing both nights.

Still seems like I'm destined never to see TWAT live though :(

• Like 2

Night one was a lot better for me, thought tonight they looked a little tired and a touch going through the motions at times compared to last night and it was definitely the night the casuals chose.  Lot of very sorry looking people after a day on the booze in the sun 

Gc a lot busier tonight it seemed too which didn't help getting right into the middle 

I need to see this tour indoors now, those shows will be unreal 

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, they've not played it a couple of times now.

Maybe time beat them tonight, they must have crept just over curfew even without it 

6 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Axl still really doesn't get that most British people, and certainly not the ones who go to rock shows don't care about the queen :lol:

He tried the whole jubilee thing at the o2 and got no response either 

They should care about the queen, the queen is all they've got

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, seely said:

The crowd in the GC again seemed a bit subdued than you might expect - very likely due to the serious heat. The place was boiling today! But the band played great, and the setlist variances made it worth doing both nights.

Is 29 C/ 84 F considered serious heat to Londoners? (temperatures from google)

18 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Axl still really doesn't get that most British people, and certainly not the ones who go to rock shows don't care about the queen :lol:

He tried the whole jubilee thing at the o2 and got no response either 

You mean the outfit? That was for the queen? :lol:

And what did he do at the 02?

8 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Is 29 C/ 84 F considered serious heat to Londoners? (temperatures from google)

Us Brits don't do well in such temperatures. It scares and confuses us.

Though it does at least mean that the ladies bring the skirts, shorts and sandals out....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It was a joke, he was smirking to himself and laughing :) 

Lol, poor Axl... Maybe if he dedicated Rocket Queen to her he could manage to get someone laugh along with him :)

Edited by Blackstar

Well that was fucking awesome!  Better than I expected.   I thought Axl sounded great throughout.  

Only negative for me was the crowd.  I haven't been to a big stadium concert for a few years now.  I was about 10 feet from the front and seemed to be surrounded by numpties who didn't know any of the songs except WTJ and SCOM and spent the whole time filming on their phones instead of enjoying themselves.  There was even people with selfie sticks FFS!  

• Like 1

It's funny how people's opinions differ!

I went to both nights (seated for both - quite close to the stage) and I thought Axl sounded better and was more pumped and up for it last night and Slash was better tonight!

Slash seemed to flub a lot of the big notes last night and thought tonight he was more on.

The atmosphere seemed more charged last night and the standing folk were more up for it. They were into it tonight too though.

Sound seemed better tonight and I was happy to see Don't Cry and Whole Lotta Rosie.

So glad i got to see both nights as there were highlights for both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

First time seeker wasn't played on this tour ??

Thank god. I hate that song. Happy that they played Rosie and Don't Cry tonight - out of the options, those are the ones I'd rather have.

Just back from the gig. Awesome night - I think everyone played really well tonight - Axl seemed quite happy and into it too.

Sorry to anyone I said I'd meet up with but didn't end up doing. I'm a disaster. Had quite a busy day though!