06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

27 minutes ago, Derick said:

Calm down, man! If the people who paid the ticket and were in the stadium are reporting that they didn´t had a bad show and that they  enjoyed why you who is seeing everything for free through the internet is hysterical? Axl may have had a bad day, who knows? Why crucify the guy so vehemently? The guy was doing well until the past shows (I still haven´t seen many videos from this last show to draw my conclusions, I'm just basing myself on your hysteria). You can be sure that there will be shows where he will not sound good, the amount of concerts is insane and there is no way to change the vocal chords as if changing the strings of a guitar. Don´t need to freak out because of this, wait for your show, if at all you go to some. The impression it gives is that you were anxiously waiting for an unbelief to be able to release your demons. Take a breath!:lol:

Eh it's not a big deal you're right. Axl however hasn't sounded good on this whole European leg imo, you're welcome to take a look, tonight was just a repeat of the poor performances thus far.

ive seen the band a few times and I thought Axl was great. I actually thought vegas night 1 sounded better in person than night 2...shows how accurate I am with my ears. So if people don't like my opinions then that's fine. I'm not here to ruin anyone's good time. 

As mentioned above it doesn't take an expert to hear the difference between Axl/DC and GNR at this point...the proof is there and he's going to be judged to that standard for a while. 

Anyways the original question is with Axl's consistently bad performances lately is this a case of Vocal damage done last year or simply a guy looking to take shortcuts knowing he's got 10,000 shows to go? 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everybody who goes to the show says his singing is excellent yet every clip demonstrates that he cannot sing to save his life. What is happening here? Paranormal activity? Conspiracy theory?

I have wondered this, probably the incredibly loud music and the 10s of thousands of people singing along to the music. Or Axl is a wizard and the people within his magical vicinity are treated to a best in class UYI vocal performance which the cameras can't pick up. Both theories have some weight....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Guys, if you enjoy the shows, go to them, enjoy them, I know I do! If you don't like it, stop wasting your time constantly complaining about the same things. Geez. It obviously fair to say Axl has some inconsistency, but hell, this is rock n roll and he's well into his 50's. the reason it sounds better live is because of the whole atmosphere. Why is the glass always half empty for some of you? If you want someone to sound great just like on their albums, I hear pop music might be the ticket. Milli vanilli anyone?

No no no, you are overlooking AC/DC again. We aren't here to make fun of Axl or say how terrible he is...just wondering why he can be 95% perfect for AC/DC and 40% for GNR...there is a big gap in performance there considering it's the same guy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

No no no, you are overlooking AC/DC again. We aren't here to make fun of Axl or say how terrible he is...just wondering why he can be 95% perfect for AC/DC and 40% for GNR...there is a big gap in performance there considering it's the same guy

I can agree that he was killer in AC/DC but he never had more than what 10-15 shows each tour? He obviously had much to prove with AC/DC and he did. I still appreciate his efforts in guns, but yeah he doesn't absolutely kill it every night, but then again, it's a very long tour and a longer set than what he did in AC/DC. With guns, he also moves about much more. With AC/DC stadiums, he was still gimped up and in the fall, he was in areans. 

10 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I can agree that he was killer in AC/DC but he never had more than what 10-15 shows each tour? He obviously had much to prove with AC/DC and he did. I still appreciate his efforts in guns, but yeah he doesn't absolutely kill it every night, but then again, it's a very long tour and a longer set than what he did in AC/DC. With guns, he also moves about much more. With AC/DC stadiums, he was still gimped up and in the fall, he was in areans. 

You make some good points in contrast to the differences in AC/DC set up versus Guns and his movement but I don't think there should be this big of a performance gap

this isn't anything off Back in Black...nothing that requires a really high scream, this is just good ass singing here and I would hope that as a professional singer Axl would put forth the same effort on GNR as he did with these guys. This isn't a small tour...they are making multi million dollar paychecks each. Atleast show the fans you give a damn...there should be no excuses. 

but idk they are just videos...it's a lot better when you hear Mickey drowned into the mix in person. Just remember the day is coming when this band will be on a live stream or in front of a national audience and you will hear every bad note hit and wonder wtf happened.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Eh it's not a big deal you're right. Axl however hasn't sounded good on this whole European leg imo, you're welcome to take a look, tonight was just a repeat of the poor performances thus far.

ive seen the band a few times and I thought Axl was great. I actually thought vegas night 1 sounded better in person than night 2...shows how accurate I am with my ears. So if people don't like my opinions then that's fine. I'm not here to ruin anyone's good time. 

As mentioned above it doesn't take an expert to hear the difference between Axl/DC and GNR at this point...the proof is there and he's going to be judged to that standard for a while. 

Anyways the original question is with Axl's consistently bad performances lately is this a case of Vocal damage done last year or simply a guy looking to take shortcuts knowing he's got 10,000 shows to go? 

Well, if you want to compare his vocals on those AC/DC´s shows with GNR songs, so as not to be unfair, you should consider that 90% of DC's songs are in the same vocal requirement of Jungle, some parts of It's So Easy and another ones that he use full rasp...Back in Black or Shoot To Thrill rasp isn´t the same kind of rasp that songs like SCOM, PC or YCBM requires. Fortunately, for him, almost all AC / DC songs are only one kind of rasp, and unfortunately, for him and for us, GNR's don´t.

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

How can you judge if you haven't experienced the other side, troll?

I can't stand the poster and i'm personally fine with Axl saving his voice whilst playing the boring, overplayed, turgid hits to the masses who haven't been around for 25 years so he can kill it when he releases new material with Angus/Guns in the future. 

But you can't call him a troll for that. 

I don't think it's any great mystery, the discrepancy between live and recorded: the difference is you're listening to weak, half-arsed falsetto at enormous volume through an Earth-shaking PA instead of your little computer speakers. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

You are comparing apples and oranges

ACDC and Guns N Roses are two very different things.

You are trying to compare the past with the present.

None of us can go back a day, a month or a year and repeat or try to recreate the past,

Can you in your normal life go back in time and repeat exactly what you did last week, last year or

10 years ago?.

Axl is never going to sound exactly the same every time he performs vocally live.

If Axl starting lip syncing the vocals would be perfect every time he performed on stage.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well, if you want to compare his vocals on those AC/DC´s shows with GNR songs, so as not to be unfair, you should consider that 90% of DC's songs are in the same vocal requirement of Jungle, some parts of It's So Easy and another ones that he use full rasp...Back in Black or Shoot To Thrill rasp isn´t the same kind of rasp that songs like SCOM, PC or YCBM requires. Fortunately, for him, almost all AC / DC songs are only one kind of rasp, and unfortunately, for him and for us, GNR's don´t.

Since you want to use percentages I have to say that 100% of what you just stated is false. 

2 singers over 40 years of material and he nailed it all...the songs don't all fall into some happy zone for Axl of rasp. Axl knew what we know and that's that rasp and his lower register project better than his falsetto clean voice...so he worked really hard with a really good vocal coach to make sure that he could do it. And what do you know hard work and dedication to your craft pay off sometimes 

16 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You are comparing apples and oranges

ACDC and Guns N Roses are two very different things.

You are trying to compare the past with the present.

None of us can go back a day, a month or a year and repeat or try to recreate the past,

Can you in your normal life go back in time and repeat exactly what you did last week, last year or

10 years ago?.

Axl is never going to sound exactly the same every time he performs vocally live.

If Axl starting lip syncing the vocals would be perfect every time he performed on stage.   

Well Axl is some kind of wizard Bc last year when he played with AC/DC he turned the clocks back 25 years

Edited by IncitingChaos

48 minutes ago, Derick said:

That's right that why TNT never gets posted in the examples hes takes Mickey to a whole new level :D 

Edited by Gibbo

At the same time, AC/DC fans weren't getting the full Axl experience. He was a lot less mobile at those shows (not just when he was in the chair!).

To see the overall performance he's delivering to GNR fans in his mid-50s and then focus on the negatives is really harsh. He and the rest of the band are wowing audiences in 2017. It's something to be celebrated, not picked apart.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

At the same time, AC/DC fans weren't getting the full Axl experience. He was a lot less mobile at those shows (not just when he was in the chair!).

To see the overall performance he's delivering to GNR fans in his mid-50s and then focus on the negatives is really harsh. He and the rest of the band are wowing audiences in 2017. It's something to be celebrated, not picked apart.

I'm sure everybody would rather have him rasp than do some running around the stage. Even so, you don't catch Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger running out of breath, because they work out a lot. 

Everybody's entitled to their opinion. It wouldn't be a discussion forum if everybody had the same opinion.