06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

He sounds a bit better in this good quality recording

than in the other one that was posted yesterday:

This may be indicating of the difference between what people hear live and what we hear on the videos. Of course when we don't hear rasp it's simply because there isn't any or much, but probably the recordings can't capture the volume of his clean voice and it comes out as mickey.

1 hour ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I love the fact Axl made reference to the Marquee show/s 30 years ago today in each night in London. So glad I got to attend this weekend??

What song did he talking about it during in the second show? KOHD again?

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This may be indicating of the difference between what people hear live and what we hear on the videos. Of course when we don't hear rasp it's simply because there isn't any or much, but probably the recordings can't capture the volume of his clean voice and it comes out as mickey.

The reason he sounds better live is because its being blasted loudly in to your ears. Not because cameras are unable to "capture" the sound. If that would be the case, then he would've sounded amazing on the Appetite for Democracy Blu ray.

The sound probably also depends on your computer setup, I use an older Creative soundcard (SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro) with some decent software to adjust stuff like bass level/frequencies, dynamics, effects and such. I also sometimes use DFX Enhancer. Those 2 things alone can enhance sound a lot if applied correctly (or make it a lot worse ;)) compared to onboard sound. If you use just the standard preset sound options, stuff which actually isn't that bad can sound awful (at least from my experience).

Btw, didn't we agreee not to discuss Axl's voice in these threads anymore? ;)

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

What song did he talking about it during in the second show? KOHD again?

He said at the second show how he was telling the audience the night before about KOHD being played for the first time in London at the Marquee and so was Whole Lotta Rosie. 

1 hour ago, Litti said:

Drop yesterdays, Axl can't sing it anymore + Slash unwilling or unable to play the solo (highlight of the song)

It was quite horrible both nights. 

6 minutes ago, Heff said:

The debate about Axl's vocals will always rumble on... but what I don't understand is why people's expectations are so high. What do people expect him to sound like?  He had plenty of terrible performances back in the day which were probably masked a little by the energy of the performance and the overall power of an angry 20-odd year old maniac's voice.

This is a guy who in his mid fifties gets up there and belts out tunes for nearly 3 hours.  In my mind it's nothing short of phenomenal.

If people want note perfect vocals just listen to a CD.  It's a live rock n roll show and is never going to sound perfect.  From where I was standing Axl sounded amazing 90% of the time, which considering his age, the heat, length of the set etc. is good enough for me.  Someone in their 50's is never going to sound like they did in their 20's doing these types of songs.  

I was most surprised by his efforts on Civil War, OTGM and especially You Could be Mine which i thought were all solid.  

If anything, some of Slash's solos were a bit shoddy I thought but you don't really give a fuck when you're enjoying the show.  

WE ONLY expect him to give a little fuck fuck GnR... Look how he sang whole lotta rossie in GnR concert, and how he sang it with ACDC. That example sums it all up . HE DOESNT CARE about sounding good. HE IS capable of it, ,this isnt about age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

The reason he sounds better live is because its being blasted loudly in to your ears. Not because cameras are unable to "capture" the sound. If that would be the case, then he would've sounded amazing on the Appetite for Democracy Blu ray.

This explains the amazing AC/DC vocals from Axl then, because that band are about twice as loud as GnR :lol:

And like that Appetite for Democracy Blu ray don't you think if Axl could of sing like 2010 for it he would of. I just cant see how he could perform in front of all the people and only give it 80% you just couldn't do it

• Like 1