06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

4 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Axl is God. Love Slash and love Duff a lot, but this band definitely needs Steven Adler. Frank is a nice guy but we need Adler.

And it really needs Izzy. I hated Richards guitar spots, they don't fit with this band. You have slash's bluesy guitar that he plays with feeling and then there's Richard on a completely different wavelength. It doesn't sound anything like the music GnR plays, really hated it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Dude, i'm being honest and realistic, don't get butt hurt about it.  

You're just being a bit silly, that's all. Thousands and thousands every show think he's fantastic, lots of examples in this very thread from casual fans on GNR Facebook and The Guardian site, and great reviews. Are you honestly saying they're all fanboys? Or are you going for the 'they censor all bad comments' approach?

When I've gone to a show next week and I'm writing up a raving review, don't come to me saying I'm wrong and it was average, because I'll tell you to fuck off as well.

• Like 3

Attended last night's show with my Fiancée, and it was amazing. Took a fair few pictures but made sure not to spend too much time doing that. My 5th Guns N' Roses show, and to me they never disappoint. My first show on the NITL tour and therefore my first show with Slash and Duff in the band. Nice to see and hear a few tracks live that I had never witnessed live before, such as Coma, Double Talkin' Jive and Yesterday's. Black Hole Sun was great too. Really pleased with the mix of material from all eras (even Spaghetti incident as New Rose and the You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory intro was my first taste of that album live). Glad I still get to hear Chinese tracks especially the title track which is my absolute favourite (got a photo of Slash doing the first solo and during the outro leads).

Was hoping to hear There Was A Time after they did it in Ireland but regardless the show was incredible. Would also be amazing if they did Pretty Tied Up and Locomotive, but I am digressing, haha.

Edited by sploit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

First off, he doesn't sound "fantastic" by any definition.  Any one who says that is just a fan boy. 

I was critical beforehand. However, attending Friday's show must've turned me into a "fanboy" because I was thoroughly impressed from start to finish. So yeah, I've changed my opinion on this subject.

I've already stated in my post (which you seemed to ignore) that he's capable of delivering more. His reliant use of falsetto wouldn't translate well on a pro shot DVD but it does, however, sound good live. So when I say him sounding as good as he does with AC/DC wouldn't really make a difference to the overall quality of the show, I'm not excusing Axl's attitude or effort. I'm simply stating that it doesn't matter from a consumers perspective.

If that makes me a "fanboy" then I'm fine with that. I definitely got my money's worth thank you very much.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lio said:

You're just being a bit silly, that's all. Thousands and thousands every show think he's fantastic, lots of examples in this very thread from casual fans on GNR Facebook and The Guardian site, and great reviews. Are you honestly saying they're all fanboys? Or are you going for the 'they censor all bad comments' approach?

When I've gone to a show next week and I'm writing up a raving review, don't come to me saying I'm wrong and it was average, because I'll tell you to fuck off as well.

Go watch videos of Axl sing from the 90s that's fantastic.  End. Of. Story.

30 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

First off, he doesn't sound "fantastic" by any definition.  Any one who says that is just a fan boy.  He may sound "fantastic" on a tune here, or a tune there.....or part of a song here or there.  But, the vocal abilities he is demonstrating right now are average.  Plain and simple.  Saying he sounds fantastic is pure myopia.  

HOW can you say that? He sounds like the good old days 1988, 1992 etc

What a gig. I went to Slane and absolutely loved that, but i think this one was even better. The sound was better, Axl sounded a touch better, i had a better (more central) view and the atmosphere was nuts, which i was surprised at. It was amazing for almost every song, best I've ever experienced. Well at least it was around me anyway. Got pretty crushed during nightrain, that was intense. 

Glad i got Out Ta Get Me over My Michelle because i prefer that, and glad i had Don't Cry because i had Patience at Slane. So got pretty lucky there! I love Whole Lotta Rosie too, and it was nice to hear Yesterdays! 

Thought Axl was in a great mood. That dude from Game Of Thrones (don't know his name) was right behind me all gig and everyone fan girled over him! My friend got a high five and she was chuffed as she loves him! I glanced over and noticed he was loving Rocket Queen haha. Does anyone know if there were any other celebs in that area? Or who were they all?  I didn't recognise anyone else apart from Kat towards the end. I saw Beta had a picture taken there but didn't see her. 

Couldn't get over the price of stuff in there... A glass of water and two very, very, very small mojito cans cost £14!

Getting back after it was a bit of a nightmare. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

wut?  lol

Can we please say that he does, i still think of him as young. Also a awesome gig Freddie TributeGuns-N-Roses.jpg.de6654b4f819c433ae925b37fec89f47.jpg

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

wut?  lol

He has a more mature voice now, back then it was kind of a childs voice ;-)

Edited by lassie

3 minutes ago, lassie said:

Can we please say that he does, i still think off him as young Guns-N-Roses.jpg.de6654b4f819c433ae925b37fec89f47.jpg

OK.....we'll just say he does when we all know he's not.  I can agree that.  And, trust me, in now way do I think he's terrible at the moment (like Vince Neil last MC tour terrible, or David Lee Roth last VH tour terrible), but anyone who says WAR is wholey fantastic is just not realistic.   I'll even say he may sound "fanastic" for a 50 something year old man.  But, that doesn't mean he is fantastic in general b/c he is not.   See Axl/DC for "fanastic" level Axl Rose.   

Edited by tsinindy

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

OK.....we'll just say he does when we all know he's not.  I can agree that.  And, trust me, in now way do I think he's terrible at the moment (like Vince Neil last MC tour terrible, or David Lee Roth last VH tour terrible), but anyone who says WAR is wholey fantastic is just not realistic.   I'll even say he may sound "fanastic" for a 50 something year old man.  But, that doesn't mean he is fantastic in general b/c he is not.   

Yes you are right, he do not sound the same, and has lost his edge, but i keep thinking back, all those days i have seen shows from back then, but i think he is doing it ok, Coma is a damn hard song, so is Estranged

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

OK.....we'll just say he does when we all know he's not.  I can agree that.  And, trust me, in now way do I think he's terrible at the moment (like Vince Neil last MC tour terrible, or David Lee Roth last VH tour terrible), but anyone who says WAR is wholey fantastic is just not realistic.   I'll even say he may sound "fanastic" for a 50 something year old man.  But, that doesn't mean he is fantastic in general b/c he is not.   See Axl/DC for "fanastic" level Axl Rose.   

True, and in 2006, damn he was on fire at some shows

Just now, AlexC said:

He hasn't lost it, it's just taken the form of Angus Young haha.

I keep thinking back to St Louis, and other shows, he sure fight back when people did something wrong, like LAX that paparazzi got a few good blows

I'm proud of most of you. This turned into a healthy discussion over Axl's vocals in concert versus videos...everyone got their point across, we are all looking for something different. Nothing wrong with fans going at each other every now and then. Some name calling and unnecessary stuff happened but for the most part we have turned a concert thread into a good discussion and came away with some interesting points

pros:

-Everyone is loving the NITL Tour.

-Axl is on time 

-no hiccups thus far

-Axl's shape does not effect his voice 

cons:

-Axl's voice won't translate into a good pro shot ATM 

-we still are no closer to knowing why AC/DC is this way and GNR is this way

-the falsetto clean voice is not making believers out of you tubers 

13 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Ive not read everyting but of course Axl sounds different from years years back too what he sounds like now & in 10 years time he will sound different 

I think the main part of the discussion is we are less than a year removed from AC/DC and the NA leg of the NITL tour and we are seeing major drop offs in Axl's vocals. Maybe it's a conservative effort to prolong his vocals and lower risk of injury to make sure this tour gets completed or maybe 2016 had some side effects that have left his voice in recovery mode...

however the key point here is that was all within the last year and it's tough to say Axl has been improving on this leg...I'm willing to bet he comes on strong to finish this year and we are left looking at a huge difference between the shows now and the shows in the arenas around the US. 

• Like 1