06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

4 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

Can anyone tell me what that instrumental song is they played before November Rain?

The first one with Slash and Richard Fortus's guitar duet is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Then when Axl gets on the piano he plays the ending of Layla by Derek and the Dominos with the rest of the band.

On 2017-6-18 at 9:45 PM, Rocking Rob said:

I was quite disappointed with how static the crowed was. There was loads of singing which was nice but very little jumping, bouncing, minor moshing.  I was only 3 people back from the barrier in ga and it was just a little dull.  Good music though, I enjoyed the show and although axl is not what he used to be it was good enough for me

How can you turn up to the Guns N Roses (partial) Reunion  gig with low expectations...That's just not possibly surely, without lying to yourself! 
This is massive and folk are gonna expect a hell of a show ! IMO - they pretty much get it . 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea but how bad were the Kills? When there laptop blew the PA out on Night one and they did 2 songs less than Tyler Bryant to very very mild applause, it was boardline awkward, for a main support on a tour this large! 
We knew this all along... ;)

The Kills were crap. Why they were chosen I don't know. Having said that, for many of the gigs I have been to, including larger shows, the support acts are often crap, and even at times a mismatch musically.

Tyler Bryant were good though, sadly I didn't get to see their whole set. But did emd up seeing all of The Kills' set... Ohh well. Haha.

Just now, sploit said:

The Kills were crap. Why they were chosen I don't know. Having said that, for many of the gigs I have been to, including larger shows, the support acts are often crap, and even at times a mismatch musically.

Tyler Bryant were good though, sadly I didn't get to see their whole set. But did emd up seeing all of The Kills' set... Ohh well. Haha.

I saw Tyler 3 times in a week (Download too) and last year at AXL/DC - cool band, should of been on 2nd ! 
The Kills, god, I mean, not like they're terrible musicians or anything, just didn't fit the gig in the slightest...
STILL...we could of had Skrillex ;) - Actually, I honestly probably would of enjoyed that more ! 

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I wanted to see Aerosmith at Download but it just didn't work out for me in the end. I didn't want to go for the weekend, but there were no travel packages where you could just go for one of the days and travel back home. Aerosmith are probably my 2nd favourite band after GN'R and I saw them live in 2007, but have never managed to catch them since. Really hope they come back just to do some stand alone shows. AnywayI am going off topic. Hope you enjoyed Download though, it is an awesome festival. My first GN'R show was Download 2006! They absolutely kicked ass that show too.

Edited by sploit
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 8:08 AM, JustanUrchin said:

Interesting post.  To expand on it:

I anticipate news next month given that Adler is the bellwether (as he was post-Trunk until the moment he stormed the stage in Cincy bringing the party feel to his songs), but these singer’s voice manifestos are insufferable as I check-in to confirm that Adler hasn’t made a peep.

Posters’ revisionism about the singer's voice appear to originate from the vacuous who never saw the original band, yet rave about how he sounded live post-’91 when that’s chainsaw hoarseness.  And it’s revisionism—he didn’t sound that way on AFD (thank God).

The singer was always the weakest link live.  When I saw the band in ’88, his vocals sounded close enough to the recordings.  But by the second time I saw the band in ’91 (before UYI), he sounded awful—screaming hoarseness.  At that time, however, he had a genuine rock stage presence (this was before his two-decade assholery of fan disrespect and corresponding free-fall into irrelevance in America) to compensate.

Adler’s fourth replacement has all the feel of Elephant Man on the kit and bludgeons through iconic songs like PC as if he were hitting the crack stem in the sleeper of his rig searching for his skull cap.  It’s no wonder the singer has to resort to a Barry Gibb falsetto to squeak out the lyrics to PC at the meth-like tempo Adler’s fourth replacement lays down.

The singer is no one-take, Elvis natural—he recorded his vocals line-by-line on the iconic AFD.  And he is now grandfather age.  And yet, his vocals on OTGM with Adler last summer sounded closer to the recording than the second time that I saw the band in ’91.  Not bad at all, for an old man who recorded the vocals three decades ago line-by-line.

Just to clarify, the discrepancy between live and recorded I meant was in reference to being at the show vs listening to a bootleg/Youtube video. People pretzel themselves trying to explain/justify it when it's no mystery. 

R.E. Frank, i'm no musician and I value lyrics, melody and vocals over everything else but Frank's place in the band baffles me. It comes down to Axl's appreciation of loyalty. Dizzy wouldn't still be there if he'd ever spoken against Axl publicly. Pitman would still be there if he hadn't. But yeah, even I can hear how bad Frank is. 

Personally i'm bored of the old songs live but i'd love to see Adler back because, once they get a bunch of shows playing Appetite whole outta the way, the morale and confidence of the whole enterprise in general would be at such a point that Axl would be far more inclined to find his balls and work on getting some new music out. Just my feeling. 

I have a totally different perspective to you and only saw them first in 1993 when I was 10 and I do actually value the Liberace ballad era but I really appreciate your comments and perspective. 

Vocals-wise, I really do think some shows in 2010 were absolutely phenomenal in terms of power, control and consistency across the entire set, without being the chainsaw Charlie hoarseness of many shows in '91-'92. I personally find e.g. Indian '91 and Tokyo '92 completely unlistenable. Even Paris '92 to me pales to almost any 2010 show. Again, just me. 

Just now, AlexC said:

Dodgy quack rasp with Ashba's presence compared with God-like Civil War? You need to elaborate lol.

I wish he'd done Civil War in 2010. And Estranged. 

I honestly prefer shows like Arnhem, Bucharest, London 2, Lille and others to Paris.