06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

ok  so i am new on here  ... saw them 14th of June 1992 at Main Road stadium Manchester England ... this was after they cancelled the original gig in the same place a week earlier ..when everyone was in the Stadium ..seem to recall it was "Axl related"... anyway when Slash left i didnt follow Roses as to me without Slash it wasn't really them..

I went last Friday ...i thought it was brilliant ..agreed Axl aint got the range of "92 ..but he has still got charisma ..in spades ... and in 92 i got 15 songs Friday 27...reallly loved it.

Jon

• Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 11:04 PM, colonizedmind said:

Yea but how bad were the Kills? When there laptop blew the PA out on Night one and they did 2 songs less than Tyler Bryant to very very mild applause, it was boardline awkward, for a main support on a tour this large! 
We knew this all along... ;)

In all honesty they were better than i expected and pretty inoffensive

They were damn loud though so could see if the sound wasn't right elsewhere in the ground it would be awful to sit through

I was sat down in the GC on Friday whilst they were on and had to stand up as the drumming was so loud it uncomfortably vibrating through me!  Usually most support acts seem sabotaged with truly miserable sound 

2 hours ago, jono_1uk said:

ok  so i am new on here  ... saw them 14th of June 1992 at Main Road stadium Manchester England ... this was after they cancelled the original gig in the same place a week earlier ..when everyone was in the Stadium ..seem to recall it was "Axl related"... anyway when Slash left i didnt follow Roses as to me without Slash it wasn't really them..

I went last Friday ...i thought it was brilliant ..agreed Axl aint got the range of "92 ..but he has still got charisma ..in spades ... and in 92 i got 15 songs Friday 27...reallly loved it.

Jon

Your review warms my heart, thank you

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, jono_1uk said:

Jon

Agree that fans get a better deal in that way, with a full brilliant catalogue of classic songs three hours long, and nice and punctual and everything; appreciated as I had to get public transport afterwards.

The concerts in the early days were hectic and unpredictable, with that adding to the energy and excitement; for me anyway. Thankfully I never had a cancellation, and had two great concerts at Donington (unfortunately two fans lost their lives, but that was nothing to do with the band, who tried to calm the frenzied fans who thought they were the messiahs of metal they'd been waiting all their rock lives for, like me) and Wembley. For those who had cancelled concerts and shortened ones, I guess that'd put them off the band, like it did for you.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if any of you attended both the London shows, and if so, which one did you think was better for whatever reason?

Unfortunately my decision making around the release of the tickets wasn't the best and it's a regret that I never got to both shows, only making the second night.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if any of you attended both the London shows, and if so, which one did you think was better for whatever reason?

Unfortunately my decision making around the release of the tickets wasn't the best and it's a regret that I never got to both shows, only making the second night.

I think the second night was much better, set list wise and performance wise.

• GNFNR 1