The True Story of Double Talkin Jive

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Great as usual. Please look into Get In The Ring and My World, those would be interesting IMO

edit: and One In A Million if you havent done that one already

Thanks! Yup Get in the Ring I have all the information collected for. Just need to shoot it. My world definitely i will do and one in a million. Next week is............Oh My God and later in the month Yesterdays. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks! Yup Get in the Ring I have all the information collected for. Just need to shoot it. My world definitely i will do and one in a million. Next week is............Oh My God and later in the month Yesterdays. 

Great! If you dont know this one, check it out, Axl called it "Guns N Roses version of a rap song". They actually played it several times live including 1988 with the classic AFD line up, but never recorded it in studio. Basically the AFD line ups version of "Get In The Ring" if you look at the lyrics haha. GNR got so many interesting songs

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

oh damn, thanks, here's the link, i guess it got reposted. Axl barely moves during the show, but the crowd still really seems into it. 

Cheers man, I remember watching this before and Axl was definitely on one. 

Although Axl's performances were close to their peak back then I'm so glad he's not like this anymore in 2016 and he's a happier frontman overall!

On 12/11/2016 at 8:13 AM, Blake Sabbath said:

Cheers man, I remember watching this before and Axl was definitely on one. 

Although Axl's performances were close to their peak back then I'm so glad he's not like this anymore in 2016 and he's a happier frontman overall!

yeah the most recent example was when they played dublin in 2010 i think and you could see he wasn't enjoying himself. 

On 12/9/2016 at 10:29 AM, sidman69 said:

Back this week with an in-depth look of Double Talkin Jive from Use Your Illusion 1. 

Let me start by saying I applaud what you are doing. I am also a "youtuber" so I understand how much work goes into channels that most folks don't realize. I also will say I like most of your videos, and watch a great many of them. 

That brings me to my post here today, I realize that your channel is more geared towards those that want info but are not gnr die hards That frequent message boards (because if I am honest with you, most of your videos are based on things I read on this forum yesterday, but am watching a video on today), so basically old news for folks like me. Which is fine, I'm not knocking you for that. But the video that you released today kinda irritated me, to be honest with you. It was the one about guns releasing new music, and you talked about the Eddie trunk interview. Which obviously that is very old news at this point, but that's neither here nor there.

When you brought up Izzy, and pretty much declared that Izzy wrote their best songs, and you don't think guns can make good music without him. That really irritated me for a few reasons. For one, you claim to have a news channel, so report the news, don't give your opinions on it. If I wanted your opinions I would ask you on a place like this, not By watching your video. Which you are entitled to your opinions on Izzy, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that. But the way you presented them in the video was rather matter of fact, which I felt was very presumptuous on your part. For two, I love Izzy as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to sell Axl, Slash, and Duff THAT short as to say "they can't make good music without Izzy." Come on man, give them some credit. Was Izzy underrated? Yes absolutely. But I don't think Axl, Slash, and Duff would write a bunch of turds without him. Besides some of there biggest songs he does NOT have a song writing credit on. 

I just find it a little disingenuous for you to spread your opinions on a "news" channel. Just report the news man, don't make it. If I wanted opinions on "news" I would watch Fox news. But beyond that, don't use your new platform as a way to advance an agenda. Thays just really cheap imo. 

Overall, like I said earlier, I really like what you are doing. So don't take this post as an insult on your entire channel, because it's not. I just took exception to that one video. I also chose to discuss this on this forum as opposed to your video comments because, let's be honest man, you are getting your "news" from this forum. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

• 2 weeks later...
On December 20, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

Let me start by saying I applaud what you are doing. I am also a "youtuber" so I understand how much work goes into channels that most folks don't realize. I also will say I like most of your videos, and watch a great many of them. 

That brings me to my post here today, I realize that your channel is more geared towards those that want info but are not gnr die hards That frequent message boards (because if I am honest with you, most of your videos are based on things I read on this forum yesterday, but am watching a video on today), so basically old news for folks like me. Which is fine, I'm not knocking you for that. But the video that you released today kinda irritated me, to be honest with you. It was the one about guns releasing new music, and you talked about the Eddie trunk interview. Which obviously that is very old news at this point, but that's neither here nor there.

When you brought up Izzy, and pretty much declared that Izzy wrote their best songs, and you don't think guns can make good music without him. That really irritated me for a few reasons. For one, you claim to have a news channel, so report the news, don't give your opinions on it. If I wanted your opinions I would ask you on a place like this, not By watching your video. Which you are entitled to your opinions on Izzy, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that. But the way you presented them in the video was rather matter of fact, which I felt was very presumptuous on your part. For two, I love Izzy as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to sell Axl, Slash, and Duff THAT short as to say "they can't make good music without Izzy." Come on man, give them some credit. Was Izzy underrated? Yes absolutely. But I don't think Axl, Slash, and Duff would write a bunch of turds without him. Besides some of there biggest songs he does NOT have a song writing credit on. 

I just find it a little disingenuous for you to spread your opinions on a "news" channel. Just report the news man, don't make it. If I wanted opinions on "news" I would watch Fox news. But beyond that, don't use your new platform as a way to advance an agenda. Thays just really cheap imo. 

Overall, like I said earlier, I really like what you are doing. So don't take this post as an insult on your entire channel, because it's not. I just took exception to that one video. I also chose to discuss this on this forum as opposed to your video comments because, let's be honest man, you are getting your "news" from this forum. 

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it 

On 12/20/2016 at 8:41 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

I took exception to the passive aggressive tone of this post. I've given you a warning point for it.

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it 

I apologize if I came across harshly. I really like your channel and frequently watch Your videos. ?

25 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I took exception to the passive aggressive tone of this post. I've given you a warning point for it.

Give me a warning point? Who are you? You are not a mod. Don't act all high and mighty.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Double Talkin' Jive is my favourite song from the entire Illusion album. Always has been.

One of the best usages of creeping death riff I've ever heard. Honestly though, one of the best Guns tunes ever by far Izzy a home run again.

• Like 1

On 28.1.2017 at 2:02 PM, Rovim said:

One of the best usages of creeping death riff I've ever heard. Honestly though, one of the best Guns tunes ever by far Izzy a home run again.

It's supposed to be the riff that comes after the 2nd chorus in Welcome Home (Sanitarium) , not Creeping Death, but Slash plays it differently. 

I won't say it's one of their weakest studio songs but the album version doesn't do much for me. Whereas it'sone of their best live songs. Live it has a completely different vibe to it. Very energetic with a lot of drive. Especially when it was played during the UYI tour.