Jim Florentine drops a bit of insight on the reunion on Bill Burr's podcast.

37 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I think he's talking out his ass here. Duff giving Slash a a cut? What does that even mean?  If anything, Slash is getting more than Duff to begin with.

I think it's more likely Slash got his divorce when he did because he knew the reunion was coming and he didn't want her getting her hands on his huge payday. Not the other way around.

I agree, also Slash and his ex wife have a business together so no way the guy is broke. Not sure what the business is though.

I saw like a couple of weeks a go that slash is sueing perla for all that divorce money she got when they divorced. apparently slash found out that she was somehow already married to someone else when she married him, so that would make slash and perlas marriage null or perhaps invalid .. So she will give him back pretty much everything but the house.

And no, slash isnt ( and never was ) broke. However dont lie to yourselves , he didnt earn any "serius money" ( not even close to half of that) with that smkc thing. That was something just to get busy and have some extra pocket money.

Same thing with snakepit.

Slash serius income from 1996 to 2015 was GNR ROYALTIES, vr contraband stage and guitar hero deal ( wich he had to share with axl almost all of it but his own image rights)

• Like 1

I doubt he's broke but he would of lost a huge chunk in the divorce. 50% plus probably a million in lawyer fees. And a lot of rich people are cash strapped, meaning it's all tied up in investments and in property so after the divorce he may have been worth say ten million but only had $500k cash so he either sells his assets or gets more cash coming in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonah said:

I doubt he's broke but he would of lost a huge chunk in the divorce. 50% plus probably a million in lawyer fees. And a lot of rich people are cash strapped, meaning it's all tied up in investments and in property so after the divorce he may have been worth say ten million but only had $500k cash so he either sells his assets or gets more cash coming in. 

Plus child support/alimony. To add on to that.

10 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I saw like a couple of weeks a go that slash is sueing perla for all that divorce money she got when they divorced. apparently slash found out that she was somehow already married to someone else when she married him, so that would make slash and perlas marriage null or perhaps invalid .. So she will give him back pretty much everything but the house.

And no, slash isnt ( and never was ) broke. However dont lie to yourselves , he didnt earn any "serius money" ( not even close to half of that) with that smkc thing. That was something just to get busy and have some extra pocket money.

Same thing with snakepit.

Slash serius income from 1996 to 2015 was GNR ROYALTIES, vr contraband stage and guitar hero deal ( wich he had to share with axl almost all of it but his own image rights)

I'm not sure. The albums he made he did without a major record label. It was his own Dik Hayed Records. That means he gets way more money out of record sales. 

His tours become bigger with every album since "Slash". He toured arenas and other big venues all around the world, with the exception of the USA. Even his position on festivals were better on every tour.

Of course there's big money from GNR royalities and VR, but I think he did good on his own.

• Like 4

Just now, Free Bird said:

I'm not sure. The albums he made he did without a major record label. It was his own Dik Hayed Records. That means he gets way more money out of record sales. 

His tours become bigger with every album since "Slash". He toured arenas and other big venues all around the world, with the exception of the USA. Even his position on festivals were better on every tour.

Of course there's big money from GNR royalities and VR, but I think he did good on his own.

Sadly, not my friend. He didnt.

I mean, he did good but not the way u think.  Thats why he, again sadly, did things like the paulina rubio thing, the "phineas & ferb" thing, that aweful superbowl thing, among others.

Its like duff said when he joined that band ( aic or janes ad. ..cant remember right now).. He said something like: fans need to understand that i have to pay for food, bills, electricity, .. Im not a huge rich dude like some of u think.

Plus they had their adictions and rehabs (back and forth all the time with those rreeally expensive "hobbies")

Besides.. They kinda have to show some level of "life style" to media and fans.. And not exactly a cheaper one.

Like i said, slash real income for the last 20 years was velvet first round, a minor % of gnr royalties, and the guitar hero thing..  Everything else wasnt that "succesfull" ( or total failure like libertad or smkc) 

And thats one of many reasons why HeS back with Gnr.

I repeat.. Its not like slash was poor or broke.. No.  Gnr gave them all plenty of money, but it wasnt easy for slash and duff to make "the big bucks".  And when u add things like children, conflictive wife , rehabs drugs and rehabs, and a "divorce" to that ecuation.. Well,...

Axl is a waayy diferent case. The guy had the gnr bigger % of royaltie earnings from music and official merchandise,  plus CD platinium sales, his early and late 90's investments, a lot of new (wrong) gnr touring ( charging a lot more per show than velvet and 5 times the smkc fee per show), that guitar hero setlement, rock band deal, those millions from récord company to release the CD, .. All of that without pain in the a. Wife, without children, no drugs or rehabs, 

Just now, Kickingthehabit said:

Not true. Axl spent millions on the Seymour/Everly cases. He relinquished his GNR licensing rights to Sanctuary Music Group for $20 million ($1 million per year for 20 years). Slash and Duff sued him over that deal. He bought an expensive painting (I think it was by Warhol), but reneged on payment. He was forced to tour in 2002 because Interscope stopped funding him and he had no money.

The three of them are doing extremely well now, though.

Thats not the story ive been told ( and facts dont quite agree with that at all). But whatever. We dont need to argue about it, thats water under the bridge at this point.