Jim Florentine drops a bit of insight on the reunion on Bill Burr's podcast.

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Sadly, not my friend. He didnt.

I mean, he did good but not the way u think.  Thats why he, again sadly, did things like the paulina rubio thing, the "phineas & ferb" thing, that aweful superbowl thing, among others.

Its like duff said when he joined that band ( aic or janes ad. ..cant remember right now).. He said something like: fans need to understand that i have to pay for food, bills, electricity, .. Im not a huge rich dude like some of u think.

Plus they had their adictions and rehabs (back and forth all the time with those rreeally expensive "hobbies")

Besides.. They kinda have to show some level of "life style" to media and fans.. And not exactly a cheaper one.

Like i said, slash real income for the last 20 years was velvet first round, a minor % of gnr royalties, and the guitar hero thing..  Everything else wasnt that "succesfull" ( or total failure like libertad or smkc) 

And thats one of many reasons why HeS back with Gnr.

I repeat.. Its not like slash was poor or broke.. No.  Gnr gave them all plenty of money, but it wasnt easy for slash and duff to make "the big bucks".  And when u add things like children, conflictive wife , rehabs drugs and rehabs, and a "divorce" to that ecuation.. Well,...

Axl is a waayy diferent case. The guy had the gnr bigger % of royaltie earnings from music and official merchandise,  plus CD platinium sales, his early and late 90's investments, a lot of new (wrong) gnr touring ( charging a lot more per show than velvet and 5 times the smkc fee per show), that guitar hero setlement, rock band deal, those millions from récord company to release the CD, .. All of that without pain in the a. Wife, without children, no drugs or rehabs, 

But he has to feed all those parasites :D

Just now, Kickingthehabit said:

Fuck off. You can't just say I'm making up facts when you've provided NOTHING but hyperbole. Here are my sources:

Axl Rose sued over soured deal for Warhol print

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/axl-rose-sued-over-soured-deal-for-warhol-print/article4111080/

But after agreeing to buy the portrait, the Guns N' Roses front man paid only $1.21-million, according to the suit. Rose's manager and lawyer told the broker that the rocker would not pay the remaining balance because he didn't have enough money and "the painting was not worth the price he had agreed to pay," the lawsuit stated.

Axl's Alienating Deal

http://www.eonline.com/news/49145/axl-s-alienating-deal

The famously reclusive rocker signed a multimillion-dollar publishing last week with the Sanctuary Group--much to the chagrin of former Guns N' Roses bandmates not in on the deal. Valued at nearly $20 million, the deal with Sanctuary spans GNR's entire back catalog, including such megahits as "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

Reclusive rocker breaks his silence

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/oct/26/gunsnroses-popandrock1

Every so often, there would be rumours of a release date, but in 2004 his record label finally lost patience. 'Having exceeded all budgeted and approved recording costs by millions of dollars,' the label announced in February 2004, 'it is Mr Rose's obligation to fund and complete the album, not Geffen's.'

I dont care about whatever u post.  I know what i know. Now the media is the ultimate definitive undisputable source?? ( u think about that kiddo). And if u feel a little better about yourself insulting people on a web forum , well . good for u.  U obviusly need that.

Just now, RussTCB said:

You weren't insulted. You were presented with a list of sources conflicting a bunch of claims you made with absolutely no source to back them up.

So now "FUCK OFF" is not an insult.  

Im not gonna reveal my sources. I , like others, said a lot of things that actually happened after i said it.

People in here revealed shows, dates, info, without revealing sources or whatever. The thing here is that : WHEN SOME PEOPLE DOESNT LIKE THE INFO they decide to fight that asking for sources or presenting SPECIALY SELECTED ones. 

If some media source is the final truth... 

So.. A lot nof news papers, journals! Magazines, web sites and more gave us a bunch of diferent "TRUTHS" about gnr split reasons, statements, posibilitys of reagrouping, and a lot more..  

Cnn ( among others) said that hilary was a sure thing, extra sure.

So .. I guess everyone of those were right ha??

Lets do this. When people say something in here .  take it or leave it. Then we all see whos right ..  

52 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

So now "FUCK OFF" is not an insult.  

Im not gonna reveal my sources. I , like others, said a lot of things that actually happened after i said it.

People in here revealed shows, dates, info, without revealing sources or whatever. The thing here is that : WHEN SOME PEOPLE DOESNT LIKE THE INFO they decide to fight that asking for sources or presenting SPECIALY SELECTED ones. 

If some media source is the final truth... 

o.. A lot nof news papers, journals! Magazines, web sites and more gave us a bunch of diferent "TRUTHS" about gnr split reasons, statements, posibilitys of reagrouping, and a lot more..  

Cnn ( among others) said that hilary was a sure thing, extra sure.

So .. I guess everyone of those were right ha??

Lets do this. When people say something in here .  take it or leave it. Then we all see whos right ..  

You are (yet again) missing the point. You posted a bunch of opinion as fact. Sorry, but posts without sources are already going to be viewed that way. So someone presented the opposite case using sources since they don't have to hide behind supposed anonymous sources to do so.

This is similar to a couple of weeks ago when that "The Machine Is Back" video was posted. Everyone else was saying it was a promo for a tour in 2017 except you who kept claiming that your "sources" said it was promoting a new album. That video turned out to be exactly what everyone else was saying it was, so you can understand how others might not be so quick to believe your sources when they can look up actual facts to support their case.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:24 AM, TheSeeker said:

I think all my idols being not-married late in life tells me something about marriage

I dunno man, Duff seems pretty content with his wife and kids and I would say he is the most down to earth among all of the other dudes!  I don't know if it says anything about marriage as it does just make sure you are with the right person and in the right place in life to get married in the first place

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You weren't insulted. You were presented with a list of sources conflicting a bunch of claims you made with absolutely no source to back them up.

Really though, I don't think we should be telling each other to "Fuck Off" just because their claims or sources or google searches don't necessarily match our own..:shrugs:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Really though, I don't think we should be telling each other to "Fuck Off" just because their claims or sources or google searches don't necessarily match our own..:shrugs:

I hear that. Fuck off is a bit much, but it's not really an insult either at least IMO. 

My thing is this: A lot of these types of threads get derailed quickly with people posting opinion as fact. So it's at least nice to see one half of the argument being presented with sources, ya know?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

EDIT- My .02, I think a "fuck off" here and there is fine. We all should have some thick skin on here, we can be respectful while also dishing it out/taking it a tad. Just my opinion

Agreed! Now fuck off!

Everybody! Fuck off!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno man, Duff seems pretty content with his wife and kids and I would say he is the most down to earth among all of the other dudes!  I don't know if it says anything about marriage as it does just make sure you are with the right person and in the right place in life to get married in the first place

I think Todd Rundgren said something like "the only reason someone should be in a long term relationship is to have kids"

He might have been doing it to look good in public but wasn't Slash always willing to return to GNR if Axl'd let him? That's how he portrayed it at least. I don't know how his financial situation would change things if it was Axl that was keeping Slash from coming back....unless Slash was willing to swallow his pride and agree/apologize to/for whatever Axl wanted him to.

Just now, RussTCB said:

You are (yet again) missing the point. You posted a bunch of opinion as fact. Sorry, but posts without sources are already going to be viewed that way. So someone presented the opposite case using sources since they don't have to hide behind supposed anonymous sources to do so.

This is similar to a couple of weeks ago when that "The Machine Is Back" video was posted. Everyone else was saying it was a promo for a tour in 2017 except you who kept claiming that your "sources" said it was promoting a new album. That video turned out to be exactly what everyone else was saying it was, so you can understand how others might not be so quick to believe your sources when they can look up actual facts to support their case.

I think u didnt get what i was saying.  I never said ( or at least it wasnt my intention) that "that vídeo is about new music and stuff . I said " those words, plus new us leg, plus another s.a leg rumors, it means we're getting new music AT SOME POINT next year" i never said that vídeo was directly announcing new album. 

---------------------

Emmm.  Dear zoso, believe me, u dont love slash more than me. NOT A CHANCE. But no matter what we think or love smkc is an international act indeed..  FOR GNR FANS, AND NOT EVEN ALL OF THEM/US.  Not even half of it.  If anybody knows smkc fee please post it ( i know what they got on 2012 here, i went to that one BTW)

We like it or.not , smkc didnt do that well.  Were living as we speak the most heavy proove of that.  

------_---------------

And no. To keep the place in order i  think some ofensive words shouldnt be used here for free.   But hey, maybe thats just me.

Like i said.. Time is everything,..  I wont forget this little argue, and im quoting all of this when the time is right.

13 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

I think u didnt get what i was saying.  I never said ( or at least it wasnt my intention) that "that vídeo is about new music and stuff . I said " those words, plus new us leg, plus another s.a leg rumors, it means we're getting new music AT SOME POINT next year" i never said that vídeo was directly announcing new album. 

---------------------

Emmm.  Dear zoso, believe me, u dont love slash more than me. NOT A CHANCE. But no matter what we think or love smkc is an international act indeed..  FOR GNR FANS, AND NOT EVEN ALL OF THEM/US.  Not even half of it.  If anybody knows smkc fee please post it ( i know what they got on 2012 here, i went to that one BTW)

We like it or.not , smkc didnt do that well.  Were living as we speak the most heavy proove of that.  

------_---------------

And no. To keep the place in order i  think some ofensive words shouldnt be used here for free.   But hey, maybe thats just me.

Like i said.. Time is everything,..  I wont forget this little argue, and im quoting all of this when the time is right.

Hey man, arguments/disagreements are what keep these places alive lol. I am not doubting you being a fan of Slash, at all. I am just saying I think you are underestemating Slash's success as a solo artist. Their activity from 2010-2015 isn't something to scoff at. They definitely made decent money. GNR reunion money? Hell no, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a successful project. Same argument applies for Axl. NuGNR was making money, but nothing on this scale.